Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 412

Thread: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

  1. #231
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,282

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    So, your point is that Bush, sworn in in late January, caused the recession? Hmmm, I wonder how many of those economists would agree with that. I figured you'd say that. Just a ridiculous response, but not unexpected. What, no comment on Obama's Trillion dollar deficits that followed? Have they been paid back? I think not.
    Reading comprehension is your friend. This is what I wrote in post# 206. I bolded the relevant portion to help you:
    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Let me dissect this one by one and it clearly started on Bush's watch -- not that he was directly responsible for business cycles. Here is that recession in gray. It wasn't much of anything.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  2. #232
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    So, your point is that Bush, sworn in in late January, caused the recession? Hmmm, I wonder how many of those economists would agree with that. I figured you'd say that. Just a ridiculous response, but not unexpected. What, no comment on Obama's Trillion dollar deficits that followed? Have they been paid back? I think not.
    Paul Krugman would agree, because he's another full-on partisan.

    It started on "Bush's watch". Everything was on "Bush's watch" to the partisans. The fact that the actions of the recession (and 9/11, and the housing bubble) all happened during Clinton's "watch" are never mentioned by the partisans. It doesn't suit the talking points.

    By the way, Obama apparently doesn't have a "watch". Everything wrong in Obama's world is Bush's fault, just like everything wrong in Bush's world was Bush's fault. It wasn't Clinton's fault, none of it. It's always the predecessor's fault - unless of course the predecessor was a Democrat.

  3. #233
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,282

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Paul Krugman would agree, because he's another full-on partisan.

    It started on "Bush's watch". Everything was on "Bush's watch" to the partisans. The fact that the actions of the recession (and 9/11, and the housing bubble) all happened during Clinton's "watch" are never mentioned by the partisans. It doesn't suit the talking points.

    By the way, Obama apparently doesn't have a "watch". Everything wrong in Obama's world is Bush's fault, just like everything wrong in Bush's world was Bush's fault. It wasn't Clinton's fault, none of it. It's always the predecessor's fault - unless of course the predecessor was a Democrat.
    9/11 happened on Clinton's watch? The housing bubble occurred between 2005 and 2007. It must be, according to you, that one has the right to blame anything bad on the Democrats, no atter how long they left office.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Perjury? Break and enter? Taking a bribe?
    Actual crimes can lead to impeachment but they are not required to impeach. Treason and bribery can lead to impeachment unless we have a flake like Boehner as Speaker of the House.

    I am coming to believe our fascist in the White House is an Islamofascist. But we cannot impeach the President for demolishing the nation with the help of his democratic henchmen. Can we?

  5. #235
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,868

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Actual crimes can lead to impeachment but they are not required to impeach. Treason and bribery can lead to impeachment unless we have a flake like Boehner as Speaker of the House.

    I am coming to believe our fascist in the White House is an Islamofascist. But we cannot impeach the President for demolishing the nation with the help of his democratic henchmen. Can we?
    What. What.


    What.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #236
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What. What.


    What.
    Well you see, it's a simple connection chain, Kobie.

    Back in WWII, some Islamic groups got all friendly with the Nazi's, partially because they agreed in some ways on the whole "jews are bad" thing.

    Some of those groups were from the same areas that terrorists come from now, and some terrorists and the like are fans of what the Nazi's were doing.

    So some terrorists are called "islamofacists" by some persons.

    Ummmm...actually it breaks down there, I have no idea why the POTUS is apparently an islamofacist.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #237
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,960

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Oh, are we on the "DEMOCRATZ JUST WANT VOTERZ" train still?
    Do you honestly think the democrats are pushing for amnesty for humanitarian reasons?

  8. #238
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,868

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Do you honestly think the democrats are pushing for amnesty for humanitarian reasons?
    I'm not a mind reader. However, it's a common train of thought amongst conservatives -- every single thing a Democratic politician does is intended to cynically pander to minorities. You can set your watch by how often that card is played. It's the kind of thinking that emerges once you've convinced yourself that one party is pure, unadulterated evil.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #239
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,960

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Impeachment isn't on the table until possibly, after the mid-term elections. If Republicans can seize a majority in the Senate..... If they do not get a majority, then it's not an option unless Obama murders someone in broad daylight in the Rose Garden, with a pistol. (Obvious "Clue" reference there... ) The news networks would probably destroy the video - so it's a "maybe" even then.
    Even if they do get a majority in the Senate it's still not going to happen. I believe they had a majority in the Senate when they impeached Slick Willy. The Senate is kind of a country club. Obama would just about have to be caught torturing kittens.

  10. #240
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,960

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I'm not a mind reader. However, it's a common train of thought amongst conservatives -- every single thing a Democratic politician does is intended to cynically pander to minorities. You can set your watch by how often that card is played. It's the kind of thinking that emerges once you've convinced yourself that one party is pure, unadulterated evil.
    I have never heard any conservative suggest that every single thing a democrat politician does is intended to pander to minorities. I think you are pulling that out of your hat. However many things that democrats do are certainly done for the purpose of pandering to minorities. Any intellectually honest leftwinger will admit that.

Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •