Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 412

Thread: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

  1. #131
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,039

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Also, should be noted that in polls like this people vote their emotion. They often choose options that they would never choose in reality.
    True. Most conservative voters understand the history regarding impeachment. It's a black mark on a president's legacy, however it has failed to remove any president from office.

  2. #132
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,376

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Nice try. However McConnell is and always has been a RINO. What McConnell says in front of the press does not always match what he says and does behind the scenes. Nobody takes his claims of being against obamacare all that seriously. That's why conservatives have plotted at different times to beat him in primaries in much the same way they did Eric Cantor.
    Really? McConnell get's a 96% conservative rating from the American Conservative Union. Of course, to extremists like you, that's a RINO.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  3. #133
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,039

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Really? McConnell get's a 96% conservative rating from the American Conservative Union. Of course, to extremists like you, that's a RINO.
    American Conservative Union? Bwahahahahahahaha. John McCain gets a 100% rating from the same group and he has had at least five recall efforts directed at him. Get back to me when you come up with a source relating to rank and file conservatives. Like it or not...McConnell is not popular with rank and file conservatives.

  4. #134
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,376

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    American Conservative Union? Bwahahahahahahaha. John McCain gets a 100% rating from the same group and he has had at least five recall efforts directed at him. Get back to me when you come up with a source relating to rank and file conservatives. Like it or not...McConnell is not popular with rank and file conservatives.
    What is now "rank and file conservatives" is a base demanding politicians who don’t just talk the crazy talk, but walk the crazy walk. Those are people who want to slash social insurance; cut taxes on the rich; reject science and mainstream economics; and use government shutdowns and threats of debt default as a tactic. They are far from what used to be called conservatives in the mold of William F. Buckley.

    In essence, your rank and file conservatives are crazy people. Fortunately, the are a minority of general election voters.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  5. #135
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,039

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    What is now "rank and file conservatives" is a base demanding politicians who don’t just talk the crazy talk, but walk the crazy walk. Those are people who want to slash social insurance; cut taxes on the rich; reject science and mainstream economics; and use government shutdowns and threats of debt default as a tactic. They are far from what used to be called conservatives in the mold of William F. Buckley.

    In essence, your rank and file conservatives are crazy people. Fortunately, the are a minority of general election voters.
    No offense, however you do not have the foggiest clue what you are talking about. All the rank and file conservatives want is for the republicans to honor the republican platform they keep voting on and approving every four years when they hold a convention. The platform is agreeable to rank and file conservatives. It also matches the letters that republicans like McConnell send out....seeking votes and donations. I received one such letter from the McConnell camp just a few months ago. It looks conservative, however McConnell's actions and votes to not match. Now you can sit at your computer and suggest that rank and file conservatives wanting republicans to honor their own party platform is just crazy talk, however that merely makes you come off as hyper-partisan. You come off looking like you believe that anything other then liberal or liberal-lite is crazy talk.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,565

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Poll: One-third say impeach Obama - Jonathan Topaz - POLITICO.com




    The ever increasing radicalization of the right becomes more and more obvious every day and now this poll clearly provides more evidence of the divide in America between the right and everyone else.

    65% of Americans reject the political tactic of impeachment but a full one-third of the citizenry are more that willing to go down that road. Nearly one in five simply want to use it to advance their own political objections and need no actual crimes for the process.
    I say let 'em impeach Obama! Let 'em tell all the world how terrible and unAmerican Obama is!!!!

    And as they do so, ever more Americans will see just how far off the rails the Right has gone, and the more will vote for Democrats in the future....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  7. #137
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,039

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    I say let 'em impeach Obama! Let 'em tell all the world how terrible and unAmerican Obama is!!!!

    And as they do so, ever more Americans will see just how far off the rails the Right has gone, and the more will vote for Democrats in the future....
    I hate to disappoint you, however there is no move about to impeach Obama. The libruls will just have to find another trick to try to raise money and garner votes

  8. #138
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I think both parties are bad these days. It's merely that the republicans are less bad then the democrats. These days the democrats are positively evil.
    Oh, please.

    I think the Democrats are (slightly) less bad than the Republicans, but to start branding either party as "evil" is ludicrous. Grow up.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #139
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,376

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    No offense, however you do not have the foggiest clue what you are talking about. All the rank and file conservatives want is for the republicans to honor the republican platform they keep voting on and approving every four years when they hold a convention. The platform is agreeable to rank and file conservatives. It also matches the letters that republicans like McConnell send out....seeking votes and donations. I received one such letter from the McConnell camp just a few months ago. It looks conservative, however McConnell's actions and votes to not match. Now you can sit at your computer and suggest that rank and file conservatives wanting republicans to honor their own party platform is just crazy talk, however that merely makes you come off as hyper-partisan. You come off looking like you believe that anything other then liberal or liberal-lite is crazy talk.
    Rank and file conservatives wanting Republicans to honor their own party platform may not sound crazy, unless what is in that platform is crazy. Let's look at the 2012 Republican platform.

    Admittedly, most of it is hollow platitudes but there are strange assertions, like there is a war on religion. It also uses code words like "traditional marriage," which means against gay marriage. It also uses "right to life" which means anti-abortion -- supporting laws that criminalize health care professions performing abortions.

    This one got me: "As a matter of principle, we oppose the creation of any new race-based governments within the United States." I didn't know there were any.

    Then, we have these two that are contradictory:

    "The Internet has unleashed innovation, enabled growth, and inspired freedom more rapidly and extensively than any other technological advance in human history. Its independence is its power.

    […]

    We support the prohibition of gambling over the Internet […] The Internet must be made safe for children."
    In other words, we believe in internet freedom, unless it's for something we don't like.

    Hmm: "The public must never again be left holding the bag for Wall Street giants, which is why we decry the current Administration’s record of over-regulation and selective intervention."

    The bailouts that left us “holding the bag” happened in 2008, when Bush was in office. Clearly, we’re at the point in the platform where they figured, it’s far in the back of the document, no one will read this thing, let’s just start lying.

    "[Abstinence education] is effective, science-based, and empowers teens to achieve optimal health outcomes and avoid risks of sexual activity." Oh really, effective? I think these Republicans just make up facts as they go along.

    How about this one, reparations from Vietnam:

    "While our relations with Vietnam have improved, and U.S. investment is welcomed, we need unceasing efforts to obtain an accounting for, and repatriation of the remains of, Americans who gave their lives in the cause of Vietnamese freedom." OK Vietnam, while we were blowing up your villages some of our soldier's bodies got left behind. Can you help find them?

    There are many more in this 62 page document and any more reading it likely would cause brain damage.

    Indeed, the GOP is not only what Bobby Jidal called the stupid party, but they're the crazy party too.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  10. #140
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,565

    Re: POLL: one-third say Impeach Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I hate to disappoint you, however there is no move about to impeach Obama. The libruls will just have to find another trick to try to raise money and garner votes
    I know...but one can only hope, y'know? Obama Derangement Syndrome has been a great fund-raising tool.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •