Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Any ban that discriminates against an individual is unconstitutional...

    It's really that simple...

    I can use your logic against your ****ed up tyrannical bans...
    That isn't my logic at all, and that's not how equal protection works. Anyone who thinks the equal protection clause bars any form of discrimination ever is ignorant.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That isn't my logic at all, and that's not how equal protection works. Anyone who thinks the equal protection clause bars any form of discrimination ever is ignorant.
    That is exactly how "equal protection" works, unless you don't understand what the word "equal" means..... I wouldn't be shocked if you didn't....

    Ha, well I know progressive understand the word equal when it comes to stealing from people via government and their dreams of socialism and 3-mile lines for free bread. However they lose touch with the concept when those they HATE are being discriminated against.

    I suppose the concept of "group think" is more appealing to the progressive than actual equality.......

    Who cares tho - I'm just some "white man" that doesn't understand....

  3. #23
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    That is exactly how "equal protection" works, unless you don't understand what the word "equal" means..... I wouldn't be shocked if you didn't....

    Ha, well I know progressive understand the word equal when it comes to stealing from people via government and their dreams of socialism and 3-mile lines for free bread. However they lose touch with the concept when those they HATE are being discriminated against.

    I suppose the concept of "group think" is more appealing to the progressive than actual equality.......

    Who cares tho - I'm just some "white man" that doesn't understand....
    Sorry, no. The equal protection clause doesn't prevent every type of discrimination. The government, for example, has a maximum age for hiring military personnel or air traffic controllers. These forms of age discrimination would withstand an equal protection challenge.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #24
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Any ban that discriminates against an individual is unconstitutional...

    It's really that simple...

    I can use your logic against your ****ed up tyrannical bans...
    It is absolutely not that simple, nor do you seem to even understand the legal definitions of discrimination against individuals. Prohibiting skydiving doesn't discriminate against skydivers. Prohibiting human sacrifice doesn't discriminate against cultists from R'lyeh.

    For further reading, I recommend you start with a textbook on constitutional law, or at least this: Levels of Scrutiny Under the Equal Protection Clause. After that, at least try to get through the wikipedia pages on the three levels of scrutiny. Surely this will aid you in your endeavor to get through law school in only two years, rather than three.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Sorry, no. The equal protection clause doesn't prevent every type of discrimination. The government, for example, has a maximum age for hiring military personnel or air traffic controllers. These forms of age discrimination would withstand an equal protection challenge.
    That is not discrimination against adults.... Yeah you have to be 18 to smoke too and 21 to drink....

    Those are called STANDARDS, however smoking is LEGAL hence you cannot discriminate against an individual partaking in a LEGAL activity - THAT is discrimination.

    The government banning smoking in certain places is DISCRIMINATION...

    I know it's too complicated for you to understand.

    You like every progressive want's your opinion to be law or factual hence everyone else is wrong and the law only works for you not against you.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    It is absolutely not that simple, nor do you seem to even understand the legal definitions of discrimination against individuals. Prohibiting skydiving doesn't discriminate against skydivers. Prohibiting human sacrifice doesn't discriminate against cultists from R'lyeh.

    For further reading, I recommend you start with a textbook on constitutional law, or at least this: Levels of Scrutiny Under the Equal Protection Clause. After that, at least try to get through the wikipedia pages on the three levels of scrutiny. Surely this will aid you in your endeavor to get through law school in only two years, rather than three.
    You don't seem to understand the difference between rules, regulations and standards...

    Hell it was once a standard that blacks drink out of their own drinking fountains...... That was discrimination via Law/government, just as it is discrimination telling smokers they cant smoke x,y or z...... Discrimination is singling out a specific group...

    Treating individuals as second class citizens for a trait or aesthetic reasons is discrimination...

    Now if private business owners want to make their own rules that is fine but for the state to legislate laws that discriminate against individuals - yea well that is wrong - that is Jim Crow.

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Oh it most certainly does - it's called precedent. You can't have your cake and eat it.
    Your ignorance on the topic is correctable. I would suggest starting your research with levels of scrutiny, which designate when it is legal to discriminate.

    To highlite why you are wrong here, a simple question: all criminal cases of the same type are judged under the same legal standard. Does that mean all cases should have the same outcome?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your ignorance on the topic is correctable. I would suggest starting your research with levels of scrutiny, which designate when it is legal to discriminate.

    To highlite why you are wrong here, a simple question: all criminal cases of the same type are judged under the same legal standard. Does that mean all cases should have the same outcome?
    Yeah OK whatever you want....

    You and your ilk still don't get it....... You're still in the progressive world where the law doesn't matter and anyone you don't agree with can be discriminated against - you're in ****ing Obamaville..

    Yeah well your little quack of a president will be out of office in a couple of years and Holder will certainly be in prison in the next 6 years so..

    You don't know what the hell scrutiny means....

    I think the problem here is that you want to justify your bias and resentment towards another as moral and just - you're looking to rationalize your discrimination.

    I should sue you just for your post... lol

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yeah OK whatever you want....

    You and your ilk still don't get it....... You're still in the progressive world where the law doesn't matter and anyone you don't agree with can be discriminated against - you're in ****ing Obamaville..

    Yeah well your little quack of a president will be out of office in a couple of years and Holder will certainly be in prison in the next 6 years so..

    You don't know what the hell scrutiny means....

    I think the problem here is that you want to justify your bias and resentment towards another as moral and just - you're looking to rationalize your discrimination.

    I should sue you just for your post... lol
    Nice diversion from your failure to understand EPC.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down For Miami Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Nice diversion from your failure to understand EPC.
    LOL, yeah ok. Now you're trying to justify discrimination...

    DO you know the difference between criminal and civil law or do I have to sue you for your avatar terrorizing children?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •