Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 331

Thread: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’ [W:326]

  1. #241
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    There's never been a bigger bunch of in-fighting what do you mean they're on the same page?
    This week on Sesame street: In fighting brought to you by the letters CIA.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's not true. Saudi Arabia had 15, United Arab Emirates 2, Egypt 1, and Lebanon 1. Their connection was Islam.
    Thanks for proving my point. It wasn't Iraq, and it wasn't Afghanistan. Invading those countries did not, and will not correct the problem. In fact, it made it worse. It was reckless, and largely lazy. It's harder to build than destroy. As long as you think in terms of countries, this will continue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #243
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. It wasn't Iraq, and it wasn't Afghanistan. Invading those countries did not, and will not correct the problem. In fact, it made it worse. It was reckless, and largely lazy. It's harder to build than destroy. As long as you think in terms of countries, this will continue.
    Was not Afghanistan given the opportunity to hand OBL over to the US following 9/11?

    Was not Saddam Hussein given the opportunity to come clean with his programs on multiple occasion, as well as the chance to step down and go onto exile?

    You're kind always looks to blame your own first without any objectivity.

    I bet you blame Israel for the current conflict too don't you?

    Pathetic.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #244
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Was not Afghanistan given the opportunity to hand OBL over to the US following 9/11?

    Was not Saddam Hussein given the opportunity to come clean with his programs on multiple occasion, as well as the chance to step down and go onto exile?

    You're kind always looks to blame your own first without any objectivity.

    I bet you blame Israel for the current conflict too don't you?

    Pathetic.
    Afghanistan was, and gave counter proposals. There was a possibility. We will never know

    As for Iraq, we had inspectors on the ground. Inspectors who said we didn't need to invade and that they were making progress. So, there is no excuse for Iraq.

    As I don't think of myself as being imperial, I do tend to focus at home first. I remove the blank from my own eye before I go after the sty in someone else's eye. We were wrong. It's just that simple.

    As for Israel and Palestine, if you can show me a good guy I'd be happy to see it. As best I can tell, both sides have no hesitancy to killing innocent people. If being against that is wrong to you, I'm sorry for you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. It wasn't Iraq, and it wasn't Afghanistan. Invading those countries did not, and will not correct the problem. In fact, it made it worse. It was reckless, and largely lazy. It's harder to build than destroy. As long as you think in terms of countries, this will continue.
    Your 'point' was that they were Saudis. They were not.

    Where do you believe the plans for this exercise took pace? Were you aware of earlier attempts?

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Afghanistan was, and gave counter proposals. There was a possibility. We will never know
    Speak for yourself. The Taliban did have the option to turn over those who had participated and chose not to.

    As for Iraq, we had inspectors on the ground. Inspectors who said we didn't need to invade and that they were making progress. So, there is no excuse for Iraq.
    You are distorting reality. In fact Saddam was also given the same opportunity to leave but chose not to.

    You also appear to not know that Hamas has been sending rockets into Israel for several weeks before Israel finally responded.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Your 'point' was that they were Saudis. They were not.

    Where do you believe the plans for this exercise took pace? Were you aware of earlier attempts?
    Actually, that wasn't my point, and 15 of 19 were. My point was we didn't attack the those responsible. We attacked countries. It doesn't work.

    And yes, there were earlier attempts, and they were planned all over the world. The plan was to get us to come there so they coukd do more damage. We add 4000 mire deaths to the three thousand for no real change. All we accomplished was to better train those who fought us. It was an ignorant and reckless move.

    So, once again my point was you don't beat Tarzan by beating up the hooker on the corner.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Speak for yourself. The Taliban did have the option to turn over those who had participated and chose not to.

    You are distorting reality. In fact Saddam was also given the same opportunity to leave but chose not to.

    You also appear to not know that Hamas has been sending rockets into Israel for several weeks before Israel finally responded.
    I see you fail to read the first one accurately as well. Try again.

    Listen to yourself. Iraq didn't belong to us. It wasn't our place to demand he leave. And your response there has nothing to do with it.

    And I understand what has been going on in Israel and Palestine just find. You aren't throwing anything not known. But please read what I said again, you seem to be missing important information.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, that wasn't my point, and 15 of 19 were. My point was we didn't attack the those responsible. We attacked countries. It doesn't work.
    If you think this war is abut countries then you are woefully misinformed. How often need it be explained that this is about Islamists?

    And yes, there were earlier attempts, and they were planned all over the world.
    And no evidence that they were planned in Saudi Arabia, despite your efforts to involve them somehow. This is not to say that the Saudis have clean hands but few Muslims countries do.

    The plan was to get us to come there so they coukd do more damage.
    What?? The Coalition had won in Iraq. Just ask Joe Biden!!Watch Joe Biden Call Iraq "One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" | The Daily Caller

    We add 4000 mire deaths to the three thousand for no real change. All we accomplished was to better train those who fought us. It was an ignorant and reckless move.
    There was real change until Obama removed the troops, despite warnings from his generals. Those deaths are on Barrack Obama's head and no one else.

    So, once again my point was you don't beat Tarzan by beating up the hooker on the corner.
    You're still in high school, right?

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I see you fail to read the first one accurately as well. Try again.

    Listen to yourself. Iraq didn't belong to us. It wasn't our place to demand he leave. And your response there has nothing to do with it.

    And I understand what has been going on in Israel and Palestine just find. You aren't throwing anything not known. But please read what I said again, you seem to be missing important information.
    You are sounding ever more foolish. Please read this so you'll have a better understanding of what actually happened during that period. It's useless to debate if you don't understand the history. If, after reading the article, and you see any errors whatsoever, please point them out. Revisionist History Prevails on Iraq Invasion - Victor Davis Hanson - Page full

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •