Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 331

Thread: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’ [W:326]

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well if this history changed so much then why did it turn out the same way 1994 dick Cheney say it would?
    A refresher course. Revisionist History Prevails on Iraq Invasion - Victor Davis Hanson - Page full

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    As i said, the Democrats are not very bright otherwise we would not see Biden and Obama in office. Not very bright people will elect poor leaders. That should be evident in what we see today.

    No it's not the fault of all the people. Certainly we can expect the not too brights to vote for Obama/Biden but I fault those who stayed home and didn't vote at all, while knowing better, for contributing to this mess.
    Ah so left dumb right smart huh?

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Ah so left dumb right smart huh?
    Well, you've proven the first but not the latter.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, I already know that Americans are to blame for the world's problems and that the Islamists are just innocent bystanders to US meddling.
    No one said that except you.

  5. #225
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,005

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The circumstances were not the same in 1994. That you think they are is inexplicable.
    by your logic then your sentence is wrong and doesn't matter at all because you said it before now and circumstances have changed since you wrote it.

    btw... circumstances have absolutely no bearing in a discussion about someone making an accurate prediction of the future. 1994 Cheney WAS right. Later Cheney and you ARE wrong. done.. and ... done.
    Last edited by poweRob; 07-31-14 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Islam and its Jihadists are the connection. If you only watch MSNBC and the MSN you would never know this, and thus your question is quite understandable.
    Doesn't answer the question.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    by your logic then your sentence is wrong and doesn't matter at all because you said it before now and circumstances have changed since you wrote it.

    btw... circumstances have absolutely no bearing in a discussion about someone making an accurate prediction of the future. 1994 Cheney WAS right. Later Cheney and you ARE wrong. done.. and ... done.
    Try reading this to the end. Revisionist History Prevails on Iraq Invasion - Victor Davis Hanson - Page full

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Doesn't answer the question.
    Certainly is does. Or do you have an alternate explanation?

  9. #229
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Certainly is does. Or do you have an alternate explanation?
    I do: when Saudis attack us with Pakistani money, we concern ourself with how to stop that instead of invading Iraq.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do: when Saudis attack us with Pakistani money, we concern ourself with how to stop that instead of invading Iraq.
    Did the Saudi Arabia attack the US? When was that?

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •