Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 331

Thread: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’ [W:326]

  1. #211
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well if this history changed so much then why did it turn out the same way 1994 dick Cheney say it would?
    He already spoke to that on page 14, suggesting that pointing it out was being desperate.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Lots of countries, groups and people.

    But right now we're talking about the USA, which should have a lot better record.
    No, we are talking about Iraq. Do you see anyone else to blame for what's going on in the ME? Or other areas of the world? Or do you feel it's all America's fault and its "Neo-Cons"?

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, if they grow in Iraq, and we are attacked by Saudis with Pakistan funds again, explain to me the connection.
    Islam and its Jihadists are the connection. If you only watch MSNBC and the MSN you would never know this, and thus your question is quite understandable.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Who else has been at fault apart from Americans?
    The creation of Israel, Russia, Great Britain, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, shall I go on?

    Just because people recognize that the U.S. is not perfect, esepcially with meddling, doesn't mean EVERYTHING is the fault of the U.S.

    You, however, are acting like the U.S. is perfect. It's not, that doesn't mean it isn't great it just means it isn't perfect.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well if this history changed so much then why did it turn out the same way 1994 dick Cheney say it would?
    The circumstances were not the same in 1994. That you think they are is inexplicable.

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The creation of Israel, Russia, Great Britain, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, shall I go on?

    Just because people recognize that the U.S. is not perfect, esepcially with meddling, doesn't mean EVERYTHING is the fault of the U.S.

    You, however, are acting like the U.S. is perfect. It's not, that doesn't mean it isn't great it just means it isn't perfect.
    So somewhere along the line you thought I suggested the US was perfect? As a country is made up of people, and people are never perfect, how can a country be perfect? But I refuse to get on the 'blame America first bandwagon', so that's interpreted by goofy Leftists as though I do.

    America was a great country and the world, and all Americans eventually, will miss it. The Democrats are doing to White Americans, and Hispanic Americans, what they did to the Black community with their 'Great Society' con. That isn't clear?

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So somewhere along the line you thought I suggested the US was perfect? As a country is made up of people, and people are never perfect, how can a country be perfect? But I refuse to get on the 'blame America first bandwagon', so that's interpreted by goofy Leftists as though I do.

    America was a great country and the world, and all Americans eventually, will miss it. The Democrats are doing to White Americans, and Hispanic Americans, what they did to the Black community with their 'Great Society' con. That isn't clear?
    Yeah because the GOP didn't go along with ANY of it did they? I see you're not a blame america first kinda guy, you're the blame everything on Dems and give a free pass to GOP kinda guy.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah because the GOP didn't go along with ANY of it did they? I see you're not a blame america first kinda guy, you're the blame everything on Dems and give a free pass to GOP kinda guy.
    Democrats are not very bright, I know, but Republicans have been very weak. This combination has led the United States to where it is today.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Democrats are not very bright, I know, but Republicans have been very weak. This combination has led the United States to where it is today.
    Yeah the Democrats aren't bright, who holds the White House and Senate again? Oh yeah, they are so dumb, yet they beat out the GOP. I guess that makes the GOP dumb as dirt right?

    It's the combination of BOTH the GOP and the Dems that have caused the problems and it's the fault of the people that vote them in. ALL of them.

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US and Islamic State: ‘We did see this coming’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah the Democrats aren't bright, who holds the White House and Senate again? Oh yeah, they are so dumb, yet they beat out the GOP. I guess that makes the GOP dumb as dirt right?

    It's the combination of BOTH the GOP and the Dems that have caused the problems and it's the fault of the people that vote them in. ALL of them.
    As i said, the Democrats are not very bright otherwise we would not see Biden and Obama in office. Not very bright people will elect poor leaders. That should be evident in what we see today.

    No it's not the fault of all the people. Certainly we can expect the not too brights to vote for Obama/Biden but I fault those who stayed home and didn't vote at all, while knowing better, for contributing to this mess.

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •