Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 211

Thread: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

  1. #171
    User nic11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    AZ
    Last Seen
    10-07-14 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    87

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It would...But my tongue in cheek aside, I am getting burned right up to my finely chiseled ass being told how we are such a problem for the rest of the world while they take our money, and cry for our help when they are in deep, then once we give it we are something they scrape off their shoe. They can all kiss my ass.
    Then from now on lets be sure to let our neo-con politicians know to stay OUT of places like that, and quit trying to force American democracy, freeDOM, and liberty on the natives....
    When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by nic11 View Post
    Then from now on lets be sure to let our neo-con politicians know to stay OUT of places like that, and quit trying to force American democracy, freeDOM, and liberty on the natives....
    I agree, let's do that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It would...But my tongue in cheek aside, I am getting burned right up to my finely chiseled ass being told how we are such a problem for the rest of the world while they take our money, and cry for our help when they are in deep, then once we give it we are something they scrape off their shoe. They can all kiss my ass.
    I knew it was tongue-in-cheek but with a great deal of truth in there as well. I would just eliminate foreign aid to all these countries, beginning with Mexico. The US is relinquishing its sovereignty to these nations and until the southern borders are under control any progress in changing the situation is not possible. I have to think this is deliberate, especially when the US Department of Agriculture is advertising free food (in Spanish), and the success, and ease, with which illegals can enter.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by nic11 View Post
    Then from now on lets be sure to let our neo-con politicians know to stay OUT of places like that, and quit trying to force American democracy, freeDOM, and liberty on the natives....
    Actually it's maintaining democracy, freedom and liberty in the United States that should be the real concern for you.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I knew it was tongue-in-cheek but with a great deal of truth in there as well. I would just eliminate foreign aid to all these countries, beginning with Mexico. The US is relinquishing its sovereignty to these nations and until the southern borders are under control any progress in changing the situation is not possible. I have to think this is deliberate, especially when the US Department of Agriculture is advertising free food (in Spanish), and the success, and ease, with which illegals can enter.
    I've only been saying its deliberate, FOREVER. Secure borders (borders "under control" as you put it) are not in the interests of big business, and BOTH parties pander to big business. You WILL NOT see our borders under control, take that to the bank, regardless of which party is in the WH. Pity you both understand that, and fail to understand that at the same time.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I've only been saying its deliberate, FOREVER. Secure borders (borders "under control" as you put it) are not in the interests of big business, and BOTH parties pander to big business. You WILL NOT see our borders under control, take that to the bank, regardless of which party is in the WH. Pity you both understand that, and fail to understand that at the same time.
    Which big business are you referring to?

  7. #177
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Which big business are you referring to?
    No specific one.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #178
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    The Atlantic Journal

    The open borders amnesty agenda however, lives on. Under enormous pressure from Mexico and a coalition of big business and the radical ethnic lobby — and against huge resistance from the American people — President Obama is reportedly ready to push his own legalization legislation soon.


    Jason Brennan

    Open borders are a moral and economic imperative. They are a moral imperative because they use violence and threats of violence to cause suffering, poverty, and death in the third world. They are an economic imperative because immigration restrictions are so inefficient that they most likely cut world product in half. The main justifications for closed borders--that immigrants cause crime, will ruin our culture, lower our wages, or will consume too much welfare, and so on--don't succeed. They're either based on false empirical claims, claims at odds with the published peer-reviewed research, or they're problems than can be overcome even in an open borders regime. In the final analysis, closed borders regimes are just another form of economic protectionism.


    Jason Brennan is Assistant Professor of Strategy, Economics, Ethics, and Public Policy at the McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #179
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No specific one.
    Is it the generic "they" who are out to get you? There are quite a few big businesses around here that do not hire illegals. Intel even checks the creds of the landscaping companies that work for them these days. They have visa workers and they do check for expiration quite often.

    It's mostly the small and medium sized business that don't do the checking religiously.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Is it the generic "they" who are out to get you? There are quite a few big businesses around here that do not hire illegals. Intel even checks the creds of the landscaping companies that work for them these days. They have visa workers and they do check for expiration quite often.

    It's mostly the small and medium sized business that don't do the checking religiously.
    Frank Keating, head of the American Bankers Association, has finally come clean about big business' ultimate immigration reform goal — totally open borders with the unrestricted movement of millions of foreign workers into the United States.

    In a remarkably candid Op-ed published in the Los Angeles Times, Keating writes:

    We cannot support open borders for trade but not for people. ... As Ronald Reagan might have put it, it's time to open the doors.

    Keating justifies business's open borders position by arguing that it would "boost economic growth" and that it "would also help address a critical long-term gap in funding for America's two signature entitlement programs: Social Security and Medicare."
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •