Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 211

Thread: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

  1. #141
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    How could a lack of demand be a bad thing?

    Your'e ignoring my question for some reason and making non-sequitur rebuttals to boot.

    Throughout the last 4 decades massive amounts of illegal drugs were brought in from Central American countries

    Why are we responsible all of the sudden for illegals again ?

  2. #142
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your'e ignoring my question for some reason and making non-sequitur rebuttals to boot.

    Throughout the last 4 decades massive amounts of illegal drugs were brought in from Central American countries

    Why are we responsible all of the sudden for illegals again ?
    You took issue with my comment that America's drug addiction is fueling the crime that's involved with supplying it. How is that not true. We can move on to your other questions after that. The thread is dealing with Central American countries claim that the US shares blame in the crisis, and I pointed out one of the ways (there's more) that that is indeed true.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #143
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You took issue with my comment that America's drug addiction is fueling the crime that's involved with supplying it. How is that not true. We can move on to your other questions after that. The thread is dealing with Central American countries claim that the US shares blame in the crisis, and I pointed out one of the ways (there's more) that that is indeed true.

    The only reason we " share blame " in this Crisis is because we're NOT enforcing our Immigration laws.

    Its that simple. It has nothing to do with American drug addicts.

    If the illegals from Mexico and central America KNEW that a attempt to enter into America illegally would result in their immediate imprisonment then they would think twice before breaking our laws

  4. #144
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The only reason we " share blame " in this Crisis is because we're NOT enforcing our Immigration laws.

    Its that simple. It has nothing to do with American drug addicts.

    If the illegals from Mexico and central America KNEW that a attempt to enter into America illegally would result in their immediate imprisonment then they would think twice before breaking our laws


    Well to be fair we do have an active 'war of drugs' and where do the drugs come from? If we did something about that, it would help control the reason and the number of illegal immigrants from Central America.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  5. #145
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You took issue with my comment that America's drug addiction is fueling the crime that's involved with supplying it. How is that not true. We can move on to your other questions after that. The thread is dealing with Central American countries claim that the US shares blame in the crisis, and I pointed out one of the ways (there's more) that that is indeed true.
    So, in your view the demand preceded and caused the supply? Just how did these addicts become addicted if the supply didn't precede the demand? The drug dealing by these nations precedes the US demand. We are just one more customer, albeit a huge customer. It was THEY who CHOSE to become drug peddlers to the world. There was no outside force involved in that choice.

    If the US magically woke up tomorrow with no taste for the drugs they peddle, they would still be in the drug business the day after.

  6. #146
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Well to be fair we do have an active 'war of drugs' and where do the drugs come from? If we did something about that, it would help control the reason and the number of illegal immigrants from Central America.
    Not likely, a few illegals may bring drugs with them as a way to finance their crossing, but most of the mules go back, they do not stay.

  7. #147
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not likely, a few illegals may bring drugs with them as a way to finance their crossing, but most of the mules go back, they do not stay.
    But to say ( as Fenton claimed) that it is soley our immigration policy and nothing to do with drugs is simply not the case, or no? If there were no drugs involved do you think the immigration rates would be the same or not? Yes, our immigration laws are broken but it is also the drug violence that many try to escape from. We have a war on drugs, yet that is also a failed program, but if it wasn't so failed I think it would help somewhat of the problem. I can't say for sure one way or another but knowing how it is atleast in Mexico, I think being proactive in that war years ago could have helped the current situation. Now it's a huge mess.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #148
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The only reason we " share blame " in this Crisis is because we're NOT enforcing our Immigration laws.

    Its that simple. It has nothing to do with American drug addicts.

    If the illegals from Mexico and central America KNEW that a attempt to enter into America illegally would result in their immediate imprisonment then they would think twice before breaking our laws
    Well I'm certainly not going to present you with any argument that the US has been failing to enforce immigration laws. I'm the one that has pointed out in every thread this subject has popped up in that decades of unsecured borders (a failure on the part of BOTH parties) has resulted in 15-20 million individuals illegally crossing our borders. And that the reason for that is that its beneficial to big business and both parties pander to big business. Which means we have a systemic problem, not a democratic or republican problem.

    However, denying US covert interference for decades in Latin America is irresponsible, and denying that America's drug addiction is responsible for at least 70% of the problem, is quite laughable.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #149
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis[W:62]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So, in your view the demand preceded and caused the supply? Just how did these addicts become addicted if the supply didn't precede the demand? The drug dealing by these nations precedes the US demand. We are just one more customer, albeit a huge customer. It was THEY who CHOSE to become drug peddlers to the world. There was no outside force involved in that choice.

    If the US magically woke up tomorrow with no taste for the drugs they peddle, they would still be in the drug business the day after.
    Albeit with a 70% reduction in business. Lol, you guys will go to any extreme to cover up American responsibility, including making excuses for American drug addiction!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #150
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Central American leaders blame U.S. for border crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    It appears you didnt read because I said if they are given refugee status then they stay. Try to read past the first sentence next time.
    They aren't being given refugee status

    try to post something that is true
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •