Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 284

Thread: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

  1. #71
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Why not just answer a simple question?
    Again? No thanks, I've been doing that for seven pages, look for yourself if you really care.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #72
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Again? No thanks, I've been doing that for seven pages, look for yourself if you really care.
    Actually, I don't care , and obviously neither do you, if you don't care to repeat a point. I'm not going to read seven pages to understand your point of view...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,976

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I could be wrong, but don't most if not all first world nations recognize the UN Refugee Agency as the authority for declaring such status on peoples displaced from their home country due to civil war or some other type of humanitarian disaster?
    Nope. Every nation decides how to handle refugees and asylum. UNHCR can coordinate, fund etc. They do not require nations to accept refugees, they do not supplant existing legal structures, they do not decide whether or not someone will be granted asylum by another nation.

    The decision to grant asylum is up to a US court. That is the current hold-up. The courts are overwhelmed, and the kids often have insufficient legal representation at those courts, which causes further delays.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Actually, I don't care , and obviously neither do you, if you don't care to repeat a point. I'm not going to read seven pages to understand your point of view...
    I think I've got a dozen or more posts in this thread articulating my position. I knew you didn't care from the beginning. That's why I didn't take the effort that you wouldn't.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #75
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I think I've got a dozen or more posts in this thread articulating my position. I knew you didn't care from the beginning. That's why I didn't take the effort that you wouldn't.
    Yet, you decline to rearticulate it. Is there a reason why?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #76
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Typical failure to accept responsibility. You know you blame a half of America every damn day with your blame Obama and the democrats for everything. Stop it with the partisan bull****, unless you really don't care that America is collapsing, all the way around from failed administration policies after failed administration policies. The partisan bickering and finger pointing distracts from the fact that we have a single party with two wings on the same ****ing course!!
    Partisan bickering? You're beating the wrong horse there. No, I don't blame Obama for everything wrong in America, I don't blame the dems for that either. I call them out on the things they are wrong about, and that's a lot. I'm not all in for the republicans either. Lately they've been a bunch of simpering cowards. And they've done plenty wrong.

    But NONE of that excuses the blame America rant nor does it make it accurate. It's the goto move for those who don't want to recognize that Central America would be the same ****hole it is today even without historical American involvement. They did and continue to do this to themselves.

  7. #77
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Exactly what makes the USA better than any South American country?

    Fill us in.
    Why? If you don't know that already you won't believe anything I say. The fact of the matter is people WANT to come here, they don't want to go there.
    Last edited by clownboy; 07-25-14 at 09:16 PM.

  8. #78
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    You mean you never noticed the asterisk on the statute?

    Give me your tired, your poor
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free*


    *Mexicans, Central Americans,
    and South Americans not included
    That moronic little argument has been debunked so many times I'm surprised there's anyone who hasn't gotten he message yet.

  9. #79
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    What in the article is false? Please be specific. You are committing the genetic fallacy.
    No. Ariana can play her little editorial games all she wants. You're asking us to counter someone else's arguments when you haven't the stuff to make those arguments yourself.

  10. #80
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You too are denying the CIA's role in overthrowing left leaning democratic governments in Central America. You guys are something. Here's why there's one party with two wings. Replacing left leaning democracies with right wing dictatorships was a long running US policy through both democratic and republican administrations. Damn it man, if we could ever get the partisan out of the damn way, we might just fix Washington.
    Once again, who cares? You don't seem to get it, we've had tons of foreign influence in American elections. We Americans either ignore their influence or bow to it, that's OUR choice. Half of the leaders in South and Central America are folks our government doesn't want there, but still, there they are.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •