Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 284

Thread: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

  1. #61
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Your slip is not just showing, it's around your ankles....
    You too are denying the CIA's role in overthrowing left leaning democratic governments in Central America. You guys are something. Here's why there's one party with two wings. Replacing left leaning democracies with right wing dictatorships was a long running US policy through both democratic and republican administrations. Damn it man, if we could ever get the partisan out of the damn way, we might just fix Washington.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #62
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    I could be wrong, but don't most if not all first world nations recognize the UN Refugee Agency as the authority for declaring such status on peoples displaced from their home country due to civil war or some other type of humanitarian disaster?

    I don't believe Canada has ever unilaterally made such a declaration.

    Good luck with this brilliant idea.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I bet if you asked every last one of those people that crossed the border about this, not one would know what you are talking about.
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China. Like to respond to the article. Think these children would be aware of US intrigue in their country decades before they were born?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #64
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,386

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    No, in other words, I'm not going to do anyone's work for them.

    I'm retired, look that up in your dictionary.
    You don't seem to trust dictionaries, or you make up your own definitions. Since you've received evidence that you don' t know the definition of refugee, you better stay retired and sit out this topic.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China. Like to respond to the article. Think these children would be aware of US intrigue in their country decades before they were born?
    Your point is that these people are coming to the US because of things the US has done.

    These people know nothing about any of that stuff, other than the fact that they think the streets are paved with gold in the US.

    They are not running from anything, they are running to the good life.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Your point is that these people are coming to the US because of things the US has done.

    These people know nothing about any of that stuff, other than the fact that they think the streets are paved with gold in the US.

    They are not running from anything, they are running to the good life.
    Did you just say that. Did you just say that with a straight face. They aren't running from anything!! Damn I'm glad your not in charge of anything. Good gawd, how will we ever repair anything.

    http://siteresources.worldbank.org/I...ndViolence.pdf
    Last edited by Montecresto; 07-25-14 at 08:23 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #67
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Did you just say that. Did you just say that with a straight face. They aren't running from anything!! Damn I'm glad your not in charge of anything. Good gawd, how will we ever repair anything.
    What, in your view, might need to be repaired?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Deleted
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #69
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    What, in your view, might need to be repaired?
    I know your just jumping in this one, read all my posts in this thread and if the answer to that still escapes you let me know.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #70
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I know your just jumping in this one, read all my posts in this thread and if the answer to that still escapes you let me know.
    Why not just answer a simple question?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •