Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 284

Thread: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

  1. #201
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Do I think the Brits were wise with the Mandate of Palestine? Meh, they were in a period where they were dismantling their empire and that area was a war spoil leftover from WWI and the fall of the Ottoman Empire.
    November 29, 1947 the United Nations adopted Resolution 181 (also known as the Partition Resolution) that would divide Great Britain’s former Palestinian mandate into Jewish and Arab states in May 1948 when the British mandate was scheduled to end. Under the resolution, the area of religious significance surrounding Jerusalem would remain a corpus separatum under international control administered by the United Nations.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Or you could just visit the Hawaiian Islands.
    Spam is the meat of choice in the Islands.

  3. #203
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    #1:
    I didn't criticize the USA
    , I asked a simple question.

    #2: I'm not from Europe, I was born and raised in the USA and right now I live in Europe.



    But just because I didn't criticize the USA doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of things that the USA has and hasn't done in the past and is or isn't doing right now that opens up the land of the free and the home of the brave to plenty of justified criticism.

    I really don't have time to go down the list, it's a long one.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    There is much about the Mexican heritage that you evidently know nothing about. My wife, being Mexican, has enlightened me over the past 40+ years of marriage.

    For some reason you cannot see past your racism. Too bad.
    Well, I have no problem with Mexicans - as a matter of fact my neighborhood is 70% Mexican - not to mention I grew up in a neighborhood that was 70% Mexican..

    I have no problem with Mexicans, I do have a problem with Illegal aliens tho...

    There are plenty of Mexicans that are good people but that doesn't excuse the fact that some jump the border and take Jobs - especially in this economy.

    IMO, it has absolutely nothing to do with race and everything to do with jobs...

    US citizens should have priority on jobs over illegals (it doesn't matter where they're from) would you agree?

  5. #205
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well, I have no problem with Mexicans - as a matter of fact my neighborhood is 70% Mexican - not to mention I grew up in a neighborhood that was 70% Mexican..

    I have no problem with Mexicans, I do have a problem with Illegal aliens tho...

    There are plenty of Mexicans that are good people but that doesn't excuse the fact that some jump the border and take Jobs - especially in this economy.

    IMO, it has absolutely nothing to do with race and everything to do with jobs...

    US citizens should have priority on jobs over illegals (it doesn't matter where they're from) would you agree?
    I would. But I already told you that big business benefits from the cheap labor that results from illegals being here, they aren't interested in secure borders, both parties pander to big business, so this problem won't be remedied.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    November 29, 1947 the United Nations adopted Resolution 181 (also known as the Partition Resolution) that would divide Great Britain’s former Palestinian mandate into Jewish and Arab states in May 1948 when the British mandate was scheduled to end. Under the resolution, the area of religious significance surrounding Jerusalem would remain a corpus separatum under international control administered by the United Nations.
    Dude, how about India while you're at it?

  7. #207
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Dude, how about India while you're at it?
    What's your point Nick?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well, I have no problem with Mexicans - as a matter of fact my neighborhood is 70% Mexican - not to mention I grew up in a neighborhood that was 70% Mexican..

    I have no problem with Mexicans, I do have a problem with Illegal aliens tho...

    There are plenty of Mexicans that are good people but that doesn't excuse the fact that some jump the border and take Jobs - especially in this economy.

    IMO, it has absolutely nothing to do with race and everything to do with jobs...

    US citizens should have priority on jobs over illegals (it doesn't matter where they're from) would you agree?
    In most of the machine shops I worked in gave the job to whoever was most qualified. I live in a 90% Hispanic populated area. Most all of these men work in construction, one way or another. I actually don't know any construction workers who are not of Hispanic descent.

  9. #209
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    November 29, 1947 the United Nations adopted Resolution 181 (also known as the Partition Resolution) that would divide Great Britain’s former Palestinian mandate into Jewish and Arab states in May 1948 when the British mandate was scheduled to end. Under the resolution, the area of religious significance surrounding Jerusalem would remain a corpus separatum under international control administered by the United Nation
    s.



    And a few of us know a lot more about what led up to that and happened afterwards but we can't talk about it on this debate politics forum without getting infracted.

    In any case nothing that any of us say will change what's going on there.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 07-26-14 at 04:56 PM.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I would. But I already told you that big business benefits from the cheap labor that results from illegals being here, they aren't interested in secure borders, both parties pander to big business, so this problem won't be remedied.
    There is a massive problem here with this "cheap labor" nonsense....

    Do you realize that these manufacturing companies use "temporary labor" er "temp agencies?" now guess who owns the temp agencies? ****ING MEXICANS - LEGAL MEXICANS...... You know that those same temp agencies only hire MEXICANS - especially ILLEGAL MEXICANS???

    Now tell me how messed up that is???

    They don't even print their ads in English - They print them in Spanish, and go as far as to claim in their ad's illegals are welcome..

    Yeah that is Illinois for ya..

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •