Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 284

Thread: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

  1. #191
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No it doesn't and you're still not thinking it through. Do you deny that there are countries in Central and South America where the violence is not so prevalent? Are these places closer to their homes instead of thousands of miles away? Again if, as you suppose, they were only fleeing violence, why spend thousands of dollars and travel thousands of miles through various dangers when they could avoid all that easily?

    It's not because of the violence they come here. Now, you may be able to make that argument concerning Mexican illegals considering their border butts right up against ours.
    Your argument was that they aren't fleeing violence which is flat ass wrong. Now you want to change your argument to what places they could flee to other than the US. The countries of Central America combined have a GDP that's a fraction of ours. They haven't the means to absorb this. Have a heart CB. Stop denying decades of US interference that has held these countries down.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #192
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Mr.Nick is not near that old. Nor are you or I.
    Lol dude. I didn't mean it that way. Do you think the UN's creation of Israel was a good thing? Careful now!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    No kidding they went there. Had the Jewish influx headed to Argentina and not their current location do you think that the Nazi's would have went there as a safe haven? No. 3 locations were planned for the location of Israel. Their current location, Ethiopia, and Argentina.

    The formation of Israel was going on a long time before the end of WW2.

    Now, put into context what was said...
    Well, like you say if "Israel" was planned for Argentina then the Nazi's would have fled to Ethiopia or modern "Israel." haha.

    The Nazi's that fled didn't want to be anywhere near the Jews which is why they fled to South America...

    South America actually has a large German population btw.... Obviously they're not all Nazi's or descendants of Nazi's - still pretty weird tho.

  4. #194
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Your argument was that they aren't fleeing violence which is flat ass wrong. Now you want to change your argument to what places they could flee to other than the US. The countries of Central America combined have a GDP that's a fraction of ours. They haven't the means to absorb this. Have a heart CB. Stop denying decades of US interference that has held these countries down.
    I have a heart thank you it's just not located on my sleeve. I didn't change my argument, I busted yours. You still haven't answered the question, in fact you've admitted that they don't relocate closer where it is less violent, solely because of money, economic conditions.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Your argument was that they aren't fleeing violence which is flat ass wrong. Now you want to change your argument to what places they could flee to other than the US. The countries of Central America combined have a GDP that's a fraction of ours. They haven't the means to absorb this. Have a heart CB. Stop denying decades of US interference that has held these countries down.
    Who cares?..... So basically people can just come to the United States whenever they feel threatened by violence?

    WTF?

    In what universe is it our responsibility to shelter these damn people?

    Where the hell do I go if I feel threatened by violence? Canada?

    You want to solve a problem or continue and excuse and an ongoing problem?

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Speak for yourself white man. And there is no "rich Mexican heritage", instead it's a history of racism and the rape of the native peoples. Turn on Spanish speaking TV, you'll notice a sea of white faces.
    There is much about the Mexican heritage that you evidently know nothing about. My wife, being Mexican, has enlightened me over the past 40+ years of marriage.

    For some reason you cannot see past your racism. Too bad.

  7. #197
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Lol dude. I didn't mean it that way. Do you think the UN's creation of Israel was a good thing? Careful now!
    Do I think the Brits were wise with the Mandate of Palestine? Meh, they were in a period where they were dismantling their empire and that area was a war spoil leftover from WWI and the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

  8. #198
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well, like you say if "Israel" was planned for Argentina then the Nazi's would have fled to Ethiopia or modern "Israel." haha.

    The Nazi's that fled didn't want to be anywhere near the Jews which is why they fled to South America...

    South America actually has a large German population btw.... Obviously they're not all Nazi's or descendants of Nazi's - still pretty weird tho.

    Herzl, the father of Zionism actually preferred Argentina. Why? Too long to get into here and not an appropriate place anyhow.

    but yeah, I was never disputing that the Nazi's went down there nor that there is a large Euro/German population. I was dismissing his comparative and providing an alternate solution which correlated with the comparison.

    Then, I'm the one who gets mocked when I'm the only one who actually knows what the hell he's talking about...



    but whatever...

  9. #199
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    There is much about the Mexican heritage that you evidently know nothing about. My wife, being Mexican, has enlightened me over the past 40+ years of marriage.

    For some reason you cannot see past your racism. Too bad.
    You're beating the wrong horse, my daughter and grandchildren are brown skinned, my ex being a full blood Panamanian Indian. And there is no "rich Mexican heritage" that doesn't include a huge amount of racism.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I have a heart thank you it's just not located on my sleeve. I didn't change my argument, I busted yours. You still haven't answered the question, in fact you've admitted that they don't relocate closer where it is less violent, solely because of money, economic conditions.
    Busted an argument? You've had it proven to you by multiple posters that the US is largely responsible for the conditions in Central America. And I admitted nothing. I pointed out that there are no other viable options for these refugees, that the UN is right on this and you'll have to scoot over and make room for these people because they're coming, and are already here.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 07-26-14 at 04:32 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •