Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 284

Thread: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

  1. #161
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Speak for yourself white man. And there is no "rich Mexican heritage", instead it's a history of racism and the rape of the native peoples. Turn on Spanish speaking TV, you'll notice a sea of white faces.
    "Rape of the native people's"?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #162
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Oh, I have two wings - I'm a libertarian which is why you cant understand what I'm telling you bluntly albeit.

    I'm not going to sit here and present a "typical" argument via debate over simplistic nonsense. I could do so but I choose not to. Formalities is what delays the inevitable, so I don't pussyfoot... I like to get to the meat and potatoes. As a matter of fact the US would be better off if there were more people like me running the show....

    I have no desire to have a redundant debate, I want to discuss or debate the bigger picture not some nonsense like the UN - because that argument will always be "my dad can beat your dad up - NO! my dad can beat your dad up" - see, I have no interest in that, besides I have already proven the UN is absolutely useless and you haven't even challenged me on that point.
    To suggest that the UN is totally useless is so stupid its not worthy of debate.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #163
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Stop it CB, just because you and I disagree doesn't mean I have failed to think about anything. Why do you insist on us not helping in a problem that we helped create?
    Because, as I have stated repeatedly, I don't believe we helped create this problem. And you stop it, stop insisting they are fleeing violence. There are plenty of less violent places far closer and easier to get to for them. They come here for one reason and one reason alone - to make money.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Exactly what makes the USA better than any South American country?

    Fill us in.
    Clean water, decent living standards, decent clothing, freedom (to an extent)...

    And like dude said, woman who shave their arm pits, people who don't smell, food.....

    Dude seriously?

    You're criticizing the United States and defending South America and you're from Europe?

  5. #165
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    "Rape of the native people's"?
    There were dark skinned Indians there first too you know. Do you really think they spoke Spanish originally?

  6. #166
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Because, as I have stated repeatedly, I don't believe we helped create this problem. And you stop it, stop insisting they are fleeing violence. There are plenty of less violent places far closer and easier to get to for them. They come here for one reason and one reason alone - to make money.
    Lol, apparently you're not going to take a look at the violence in Central America because it destroys your argument.


    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime..._Latin_America
    Last edited by Montecresto; 07-26-14 at 03:52 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    To suggest that the UN is totally useless is so stupid its not worthy of debate.
    Ok well what could the UN do?

    If it is stupid I'm sure you have all these "punishments" dancing in your head...

    Oh and the funny part is the US has already defied the UN NUMEROUS times and they did absolutely nothing so I suppose the evidence suggests that the UN is full of crap.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    There were dark skinned Indians there first too you know. Do you really think they spoke Spanish originally?
    Nope, just wanted to be sure that you were comparing Mexico with America when it came to the treatment of natives.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #169
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Ok well what could the UN do?

    If it is stupid I'm sure you have all these "punishments" dancing in your head...

    Oh and the funny part is the US has already defied the UN NUMEROUS times and they did absolutely nothing so I suppose the evidence suggests that the UN is full of crap.
    Did you support the creation of Israel?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #170
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

    and while Obama wants to bring in a influx of poor and uneducated

    Here in the US he's helped to make

    The Typical Household, Now Worth a Third Less
    Economic inequality in the United States has been receiving a lot of attention. But itís not merely an issue of the rich getting richer. The typical American household has been getting poorer, too.

    The inflation-adjusted net worth for the typical household was $87,992 in 2003. Ten years later, it was only $56,335, or a 36 percent decline, according to a study financed by the Russell Sage Foundation. Those are the figures for a household at the median point in the wealth distribution ó the level at which there are an equal number of households whose worth is higher and lower. But during the same period, the net worth of wealthy households increased substantially.

    The Russell Sage study also examined net worth at the 95th percentile. (For households at that level, 94 percent of the population had less wealth and 4 percent had more.) It found that for this well-do-do slice of the population, household net worth increased 14 percent over the same 10 years. Other research, by economists like Edward Wolff at New York University, has shown even greater gains in wealth for the richest 1 percent of households.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •