Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 378

Thread: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

  1. #351
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,336

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Why is it that so many DP supoorters turn so quickly to emotional arguments? Speeding it up will only exacerbate the problems and lead to more innocents being killed by the State. I'm not so much fueled by revenge to suggest we kill innocent people to get to that one guy over there who we really want to kill. There's no advantage nor purpose to the death penalty any longer.

    Was this man innocent?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #352
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Was this man innocent?
    Probably, but I'm not going to endorse a flawed and dangerous system that offers no benefit in order to kill him.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #353
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,336

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Probably...
    Probably? You think he was innocent? What is your evidence that he was innocent?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #354
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,940

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    And yet the fact is that the only way to assure these animals never kill/rape/whatever again is to kill them. Isn't the truth something?
    But that's not the truth. They can be kept in solitary confinement rather than killed. And even if you support the death penalty, surely you can see why an inmate's taking two hours to die is problematic. At least I hope so because, surely, as a society, we're better than that.

  5. #355
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,336

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Probably, but I'm not going to endorse a flawed and dangerous system that offers no benefit in order to kill him.
    "Debra and Eugene drove together to work at the shop early on Monday morning, August 7, 1989. Defendant phoned the shop three times that morning. Debra hung up on him once, and Eugene hung up on him twice. Defendant called again and asked another employee if Debra and Eugene were at the shop. The employee said that they had temporarily left but would return soon. Debra and Eugene came back at 8:30 a.m. and began working in different areas of the shop. Six other employees were also present that morning.
    At 8:50 a.m., a Tucson Police officer saw Defendant driving in a suspicious manner near the shop. The officer slowed her patrol car and made eye contact with Defendant as he left his truck and entered the shop. Eugene was on the telephone in an area where three other employees were working. Defendant waited for Eugene to hang up, drew a revolver, and approached to within four feet of him. The other employees shouted for Defendant to put the gun away. Without saying a word, Defendant fatally shot Eugene once in the chest and then smiled. When the police officer saw this from her patrol car she immediately called for more officers. Defendant left the shop, but quickly returned and again pointed his revolver at
    [180 Ariz. 61]
    the now supine Eugene. Donald Dietz, an employee and Eugene's seventy-year-old brother, struggled with Defendant, who then ran to the area where Debra had been working.
    Debra had apparently heard an employee shout that her father had been shot and was trying to telephone for help when Defendant grabbed her around the neck from behind and placed his revolver directly against her chest. Debra struggled and screamed, "No, Joe, don't!" Another employee heard Defendant say, "I told you I was going to do it, I have to kill you." Defendant then called Debra a "bitch" and shot her twice in the chest.
    Several police officers were already on the scene when Defendant left the shop after shooting Debra. Two officers ordered him to put his hands up. Defendant complied and dropped his weapon, but then grabbed it and began raising it toward the officers. After again ordering Defendant to raise his hands, the officers shot Defendant several times."

    STATE v. WOOD | Leagle.com

    You think this man is innocent....Amazing. The benefit of Wood being put to death is to society.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    But that's not the truth. They can be kept in solitary confinement rather than killed. And even if you support the death penalty, surely you can see why an inmate's taking two hours to die is problematic. At least I hope so because, surely, as a society, we're better than that.
    Ah so they can't kill or be a danger in solitary? Is that why prisons are so safe? And when the left tells us that too is cruel what then? Why make them suffer for decades when you can both end their suffering and punish them quickly and permanently?

    These executions are botched in many cases because politics has made it difficult so source the drugs needed. Now, I so happen to have a medical background and there are ways around this that would still grant a quick and painless death.

    We need to stop letting hand-wringing lefties control the debate-they are anything but disinterested.

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "Debra and Eugene drove together to work at the shop early on Monday morning, August 7, 1989. Defendant phoned the shop three times that morning. Debra hung up on him once, and Eugene hung up on him twice. Defendant called again and asked another employee if Debra and Eugene were at the shop. The employee said that they had temporarily left but would return soon. Debra and Eugene came back at 8:30 a.m. and began working in different areas of the shop. Six other employees were also present that morning.
    At 8:50 a.m., a Tucson Police officer saw Defendant driving in a suspicious manner near the shop. The officer slowed her patrol car and made eye contact with Defendant as he left his truck and entered the shop. Eugene was on the telephone in an area where three other employees were working. Defendant waited for Eugene to hang up, drew a revolver, and approached to within four feet of him. The other employees shouted for Defendant to put the gun away. Without saying a word, Defendant fatally shot Eugene once in the chest and then smiled. When the police officer saw this from her patrol car she immediately called for more officers. Defendant left the shop, but quickly returned and again pointed his revolver at
    [180 Ariz. 61]
    the now supine Eugene. Donald Dietz, an employee and Eugene's seventy-year-old brother, struggled with Defendant, who then ran to the area where Debra had been working.
    Debra had apparently heard an employee shout that her father had been shot and was trying to telephone for help when Defendant grabbed her around the neck from behind and placed his revolver directly against her chest. Debra struggled and screamed, "No, Joe, don't!" Another employee heard Defendant say, "I told you I was going to do it, I have to kill you." Defendant then called Debra a "bitch" and shot her twice in the chest.
    Several police officers were already on the scene when Defendant left the shop after shooting Debra. Two officers ordered him to put his hands up. Defendant complied and dropped his weapon, but then grabbed it and began raising it toward the officers. After again ordering Defendant to raise his hands, the officers shot Defendant several times."

    STATE v. WOOD | Leagle.com

    You think this man is innocent....Amazing. The benefit of Wood being put to death is to society.
    They dont care about guilt or innocence-they care about doing whatever it takes to end the death penalty, so they interject every bit of spin possible and hope nobody noticed.

  8. #358
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,336

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    They dont care about guilt or innocence-they care about doing whatever it takes to end the death penalty, so they interject every bit of spin possible and hope nobody noticed.
    I just find it amazing that type of attitude....I asked him if he thought Wood was innocent, and his reply was "probably".... I pray he is never in the situation of having someone like Wood kill members of his family in cold blood like that...I am sure his attitude would be different.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I just find it amazing that type of attitude....I asked him if he thought Wood was innocent, and his reply was "probably".... I pray he is never in the situation of having someone like Wood kill members of his family in cold blood like that...I am sure his attitude would be different.
    These murders were witnessed by several witnesses including police, he was convicted (twice?) to the highest legal standard. Wounded on the scene.

    And without batting an eye they will say hes innocent-its a remarkable thought process, really.

  10. #360
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,336

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    These murders were witnessed by several witnesses including police, he was convicted (twice?) to the highest legal standard. Wounded on the scene.

    And without batting an eye they will say hes innocent-its a remarkable thought process, really.

    Yes, much the same type of thinking behind the defense of the worst of the worst like Mumia Abu-Jamal. It is sickening.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •