Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 378

Thread: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

  1. #301
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many drug cartels are there in England?
    So it's not correlation now? Now that the data doesn't swing your way, there are other variables to consider? You didn't much think so before, so why the 180? Doing Clinton proud with this waffeling.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #302
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    How is that justice? Just because you throw around words doesn't mean that you've used them correctly. You ain't god, and government force is limited. Or is that a lesson conservatives have forgotten?
    You seem to think these animals are victims. They are not. They volunteer for said punishment by their actions.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #303
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,158

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Because when you make the decision you are a person...
    Dead bodies don't make decisions. Selfish desires vs utility.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #304
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    When there is an execution, you get a dead body. When there is an abortion, you get a dead baby. Everything else is just details.

  5. #305
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Arizona Inmate Joseph Wood Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona - ABC News

    Another botched execution. 2 hours to die. That is cruel and unusual. The death penalty needs to go. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Oh poor dirtbag....His victims died much more cruelly...I hope his death was painful.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #306
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You seem to think these animals are victims. They are not. They volunteer for said punishment by their actions.
    No, these humans do not. We use government force to enact punishment, and government is limited. Jail and justice are for society, the protections of our rights, it's not a system for revenge. Life in prison without parole serves society well, the death penalty adds nothing but waste of time, energy, resource, and money. It's completely illogical.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #307
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh poor dirtbag....His victims died much more cruelly...I hope his death was painful.
    Our justice system is not for revenge.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #308
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, these humans do not. We use government force to enact punishment, and government is limited. Jail and justice are for society, the protections of our rights, it's not a system for revenge. Life in prison without parole serves society well, the death penalty adds nothing but waste of time, energy, resource, and money. It's completely illogical.
    Tgey know the punishment, they committed the crime. What is that but volunteering?

  9. #309
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Tgey know the punishment, they committed the crime. What is that but volunteering?
    Taking a risk, which is different from volunteering.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #310
    Educator Meadowlark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-16 @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    750

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Arizona Inmate Joseph Wood Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona - ABC News

    Another botched execution. 2 hours to die. That is cruel and unusual. The death penalty needs to go. [/FONT][/COLOR]

    My compassion goes to the victims who suffered laying in pools of blood dying and their families who had to endure their loss for over 20 years waiting for justice to be served.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •