Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 378

Thread: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

  1. #201
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,637
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Not half as ****ed up that you would actually post it.

    This man deserved to die. I have sympathy for his victims and their families. You don't.

    You'll also notice I didn't cheer about how he died. But I have no sympathy for him.



    The bolded statement made my jaw drop. That is categorically ridiculous, and beyond stunning that you would accuse Rob of having no sympathy for the victims and their families simply because he is personally against the death penalty. Why on earth would you issue such a disingenuous and obviously untrue allegation against someone that you do not even know?

    Personally, I like you, but what you are doing here makes absolutely zero sense to me.

  2. #202
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Fortunately the founding fathers weren't so stupid as to make the constitution one giant appeal to emotion and instead focused on the rational decision making of law.
    You know, considering Obama's actions as "President", how much liberals have supported them and how little they have held him accountable to the constitution, your statement would incredibly hilarious if it was so disturbingly, heartbreakingly hypocritical.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #203
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Those two people don't matter anymore. They are gone. They had earthly justice, and the killer is dead.

    But there still remains the issue of death penalty, and if these type of reactions to experimental execution drugs will be the norm. And if it becomes the norm, is that acceptable?



    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It doesn't?

    I'll bet it mattered to the 2 people he killed, and their friends, and their families.

  4. #204
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Those two people don't matter anymore. They are gone. They had earthly justice, and the killer is dead.

    But there still remains the issue of death penalty, and if these type of reactions to experimental execution drugs will be the norm. And if it becomes the norm, is that acceptable?
    And people wonder why we're saying the victim's don't matter to you. That part about "earthly" justice is a little creepy, though. Seems like you're saying that their death was earthly justice. Do you know something about the victims the rest of us don't?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  5. #205
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    What are you accusing me of? I believe in God.


    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I thought mixing religion and politics was wrong, wrong, wrong.

  6. #206
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Fortunately the founding fathers weren't so stupid as to make the constitution one giant appeal to emotion and instead focused on the rational decision making of law.
    Oh, almost forgot. Of course I used an emotional appeal. I was speaking to a leftist. Everyone knows that logic and reason are never considered by the left.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  7. #207
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The same could be said of you. However, many lifers aren't really pro life because they value life, think all life is equal and no life should ever be dehumanized, etc. They are anti abortion because they think women should pay a price for having sex, that there should be consequences for women and those consequences keep society in balance through as a means of social engineering, they support patriarchy, traditionalism, family values, etc., so in the case of death penalty, you feel morally justified in arguing for death of a person and even for human suffering. It coincides with the anti abortion mentality of punishment and consequence.

    Other people, like me, support legal access to abortion, but morally oppose abortion on a personal level. I am also opposed to the death penalty. I am a pragmatic, analytical person when it comes it my personal ethics.
    So, it's exactly as I said. You support the “right” to kill an innocent child, even though you rather meaninglessly claim to “morally oppose abortion on a personal level”; but you're opposed to putting the very worst criminal to death. You value the murderer's life more than that of the innocent child.
    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 07-24-14 at 01:19 AM. Reason: May Laurence Tureaud have compassion toward you. — http://tinyurl.com/LaurenceTureaud
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  8. #208
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    You're being emotional. You admit to being an emotional person, but come on. I didn't call you a murderer.


    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Cry me a river. I've just been told I am the same as the murderer. Top that.

  9. #209
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    You're being emotional. You admit to being an emotional person, but come on. I didn't call you a murderer.
    Naw, you just said I had the exact same sociopathic qualities as a murderer, and not just any murderer, a capital murderer. Personally, I'd think I'd be a lot more sympathetic to the killer if I was just like him. If I'm sociopathic as you claim, why would I be bothered at all by his actions?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #210
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Umm, they got justice because their murderer was tried, convicted, and killed.

    We can't do anything else for the victims or change the past. I am not saying their lives didn't matter, or the murder didn't matter.

    I am trying to point out the going concern about the future of lethal injection and experimental drugs, and pondering the future of the death penalty. That is the conversation that matters to us as a nation.






    [QUOTW=X Factor;1063561305]And people wonder why we're saying the victim's don't matter to you. That part about "earthly" justice is a little creepy, though. Seems like you're saying that their death was earthly justice. Do you know something about the victims the rest of us don't?[/QUOTE]

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •