Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 378

Thread: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

  1. #181
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Frankly, they should just execute him like he executed the two people he killed. They'll get the drug combinations right and all will be well.

    I loved the first sentence though... "prompting his lawyers to request an emergency halt to the procedure." Or what... he'll die?
    Then they are no better than the one they put to death.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #182
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Not half as ****ed up that you would actually post it.
    I've been through this with you in other threads. You have a severe reading comprehension disfunction. I was stating that as if it were your argument against me. Which it is. Read it again. I hope it's your reading comprehension because that is far more forgivable than flat out believing that I don't give a damn for the murdered and their family.


    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos
    This man deserved to die. I have sympathy for his victims and their families. You don't.
    Yes I do. I just don't agree with you on the death penalty. That is the only difference on this between you and I. Not agree with you does not entail me being the BS straw man you are fabricating.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos
    You'll also notice I didn't cheer about how he died. But I have no sympathy for him.
    Perhaps you'll notice I didn't cheer for the people he killed having been killed by this assclown killer... like you seem to be portraying me to have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #183
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I'll waiver I'm sure. I'm human. But right now I have a poster in here telling me I have absolutely no feeling for the murdered family because I don't agree with her. Oh wells.
    You posted it. I didn't say it - you did.

    I really don't care if you agree with me or not. We aren't singing Kumbaya here.

  4. #184
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I've been through this with you in other threads. You have a severe reading comprehension disfunction. I was stating that as if it were your argument against me. Which it is. Read it again. I hope it's your reading comprehension because that is far more forgivable than flat out believing that I don't give a damn for the murdered and their family.




    Yes I do. I just don't agree with you on the death penalty. That is the only difference on this between you and I. Not agree with you does not entail me being the BS straw man you are fabricating.



    Perhaps you'll notice I didn't cheer for the people he killed having been killed by this assclown killer... like you seem to be portraying me to have done.
    Oh FFS stop backpedaling.

    You said it. Your post is there. And again, I don't care if you approve of the death penalty or not, just like you shouldn't care if I approve of it or not. I have no argument "against you". This isn't about you. Good grief.

  5. #185
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Do you realize what you just said? You said that you expect a liberal to be consistent—that you think he should himself behave by the same rules that he seeks to impose on others. This is, after all, an admitted liberal you are addressing.
    Can you stay on topic please? I know its hard but the topic isn't what you think a liberal is or isn't. You've made copious amounts of posts about what you think about liberals in here rather than the actual circumstance. We all know what you think about liberals so no need to waste the space.

    thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #186
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I'll waiver I'm sure. I'm human.
    That would actually make you a hypocrite. No offense. If you're going to argue that emotion has no place in the law, you can't modify it to be it's appropriate as long as you agree with it without being hypocritical.

    But right now I have a poster in here telling me I have absolutely no feeling for the murdered family because I don't agree with her. Oh wells.
    No, it's based on your argument that consideration for victims is a non sequitur. FTR, I disagree.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  7. #187
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,511

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    The problem I have with the larger situation is that this man took the life of another, not caring what that person experienced in death and their suffering. I think that that is sickening, and I look around, read this thread, and see a lot of people, including you, wanting to see this man die without hesitation about his suffering.

    My heart doesn't bleed for him. I am more disturbed by the darker side of human emotions this issue brings out. I know a lot of people wanting criminals to die, in fact, want them to suffer.

    I simply see a commonality in the murderer and in some of the people wanting the murderer dead, and that bothers me.




    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I really can't decide if his angst ridden, hand ringing heart break over murderers (and not just murderers, but capital murderers) is really, really funny or some sort of sad commentary where our values are.

  8. #188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The problem I have with the larger situation is that this man took the life of another, not caring what that person experienced in death and their suffering. I think that that is sickening, and I look around, read this thread, and see a lot of people, including you, wanting to see this man die without hesitation about his suffering.

    My heart doesn't bleed for him. I am more disturbed by the darker side of human emotions this issue brings out. I know a lot of people wanting criminals to die, in fact, want them to suffer.

    I simply see a commonality in the murderer and in some of the people wanting the murderer dead, and that bothers me.
    The predator knows what to do when a member goes bad. Sheep, they just run around a bleat at each other.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  9. #189
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You haven't flushed that argument at all, you've perpetuated it. You, yourself, said the victim is a non-sequitur. YourStar has said they are irrelevant and that the guy's crime doesn't matter. The OP said that no amount of suffering should be visited upon the murderer. You may not think you're siding with the murderer but I guarantee that those are all arguments and statements that the murderer would fully agree with.
    We are talking about the death penalty as it were. So going back to the murder itself is a non-sequitur UNLESS you are going to argue that vengeance is and should be the purpose of the law. No one was arguing the vengeance angle so going back to the murder was a non sequitur in attempts to derail the discussion with emotion and declaring that ones that do not support the death penalty somehow don't care about the murdered and their family. These are two separate topics that are being conflated via emotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #190
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The problem I have with the larger situation is that this man took the life of another, not caring what that person experienced in death and their suffering. I think that that is sickening, and I look around, read this thread, and see a lot of people, including you, wanting to see this man die without hesitation about his suffering.

    My heart doesn't bleed for him. I am more disturbed by the darker side of human emotions this issue brings out. I know a lot of people wanting criminals to die, in fact, want them to suffer.

    I simply see a commonality in the murderer and in some of the people wanting the murderer dead, and that bothers me.
    That's interesting. PowerRob is whining because he thinks being told he doesn't care about victims and here you are, saying I'm just the same as, not just a murderer, but a capital murderer.

    I think that gives me the win.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •