Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 110

Thread: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

  1. #1
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    The UN has said that Israel may have committed war crimes in its offensive against Hamas in Gaza, in which hundreds of Palestinian civilians have been killed in the last two weeks, and voted with only one abstention to launch an international inquiry.

    "There seems to be a strong possibility that international law has been violated in a manner that could amount to war crimes,"Navi Pillay the UN high commissioner for human rights said in Geneva.

    Read more here: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says | World news | The Guardian




    I don't feel qualified to judge whether war crimes have been committed, but I do think that it's a possibility which should be checked out.

  2. #2
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    What about the Hamas attacks, no war crimes there? Transparent bias on the part of this UN weenie.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    Israel has 79 unresolved UN resolutions and condemnations, do we think they have any concern for human rights, the rule of law or international law? For a people who arguably suffered the most in the last century, memory runs short.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #4
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The UN has said that Israel may have committed war crimes in its offensive against Hamas in Gaza, in which hundreds of Palestinian civilians have been killed in the last two weeks, and voted with only one abstention to launch an international inquiry.

    "There seems to be a strong possibility that international law has been violated in a manner that could amount to war crimes,"Navi Pillay the UN high commissioner for human rights said in Geneva.

    Read more here: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says | World news | The Guardian




    I don't feel qualified to judge whether war crimes have been committed, but I do think that it's a possibility which should be checked out.
    I don't know whether they have or not, although by warning everyone where they are going to attack and giving them time to leave, you would think that any attacks would not be a war crime.

    I do, however, know that indiscriminate targeting of civilians by rocket fire, suicide bombers and attack squads coming out of tunnels... is a war crime.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    What about the Hamas attacks, no war crimes there? Transparent bias on the part of this UN weenie.
    Oh for Pete's sake. Yes indeed lets see UN condemnation on Hamas as well. Now want to speak to Israel's war crimes, again, or not.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #6
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    What about the Hamas attacks, no war crimes there? Transparent bias on the part of this UN weenie.
    From the source article:

    She also condemned Hamas and other militant groups for "indiscriminate attacks" on Israel.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    What about the Hamas attacks, no war crimes there? Transparent bias on the part of this UN weenie.
    The UN has consistently looked away whenever Palestinians commit attrocities.

  8. #8
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,949

    Re: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    Is Isreal a signatory for the ICC? If not there's not much the UN can do except maybe make a military intervention.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    From the source article:
    And where is the UN investigation on that matter?

  10. #10
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Israel may have committed war crimes during Gaza offensive, UN says

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    I don't know whether they have or not, although by warning everyone where they are going to attack and giving them time to leave, you would think that any attacks would not be a war crime.

    I do, however, know that indiscriminate targeting of civilians by rocket fire, suicide bombers and attack squads coming out of tunnels... is a war crime.
    Cute new avatar Beau, did you just pose for that this morning? (just kidding) its nice.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •