Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

  1. #1
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Two Ukrainian military jets were shot down in the Donetsk region of the country today, the Ukrainian defense ministry said.
    Shortly before word of today's shoot-down came, the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt told ABC News that he's very concerned Russia has not stopped the flow of heavy weapons into eastern Ukraine where ethnic Russians are trying to break away from Ukraine.
    Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says - ABC News

    The region is destabilized. This is Putin's Syria. I would rather see Kerry in Ukraine than Egypt.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  2. #2
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says - ABC News

    The region is destabilized. This is Putin's Syria. I would rather see Kerry in Ukraine than Egypt.
    I would rather see Kerry on vacation. What does he do besides put his foot in his mouth by making grossly false statements?

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,265

    Re: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says - ABC News

    The region is destabilized. This is Putin's Syria. I would rather see Kerry in Ukraine than Egypt.
    With a little luck the EU has kicked off a real mess on its boarder. It is just so stupid of the US to take a front row seat in correcting the mess. The EU got us and especially the European Ukrainians into this. They should fix it or be seen to be negligent.
    The US should not make this its war.

  4. #4
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I would rather see Kerry on vacation. What does he do besides put his foot in his mouth by making grossly false statements?
    Or that.

    I would like someone brokering for peace. That is a 3 month war...Israel and Hamas is 3000 year war.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #5
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I would rather see Kerry on vacation. What does he do besides put his foot in his mouth by making grossly false statements?
    From purely a political view, he very adequately tows the party line and is yet another Obama mouthpiece in the world. He's there to push Obama's world view and he does it very well. In other words, he's a useful puppet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating what he does or this administrations view, just providing an analysis of what he does. Whether it is effective or not is a different matter.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #6
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    With a little luck the EU has kicked off a real mess on its boarder. It is just so stupid of the US to take a front row seat in correcting the mess. The EU got us and especially the European Ukrainians into this. They should fix it or be seen to be negligent.
    The US should not make this its war.
    I am definitely not for a war. Not with Russia. Not a cold war.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #7
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    From purely a political view, he very adequately tows the party line and is yet another Obama mouthpiece in the world. He's there to push Obama's world view and he does it very well. In other words, he's a useful puppet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating what he does or this administrations view, just providing an analysis of what he does. Whether it is effective or not is a different matter.
    I agree very much.

    The cruel irony for me is that I ended up in Vietnam at the same Navy base that Kerry had just left months before. I was very much inspired by his protest actions back home. I admired the guy. Now he is but another puppet in a business suit.

    My, how life changes.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,265

    Re: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I am definitely not for a war. Not with Russia. Not a cold war.
    So you think it best to do nothing, when a country grabs a province here and there and a dictator eradicates whole segments of his population, except to grumble and threaten and make uncomfortable noises? That will not stop the land grabbing, you know, nor give pause to dictators needing to crush demonstrators' heads. But it will make it evident to every potentate from Kiev to Peking and from Moscow to Arden and Johannesburg and produce multiple wars, civil strife and mass murder.

    That is the real tragedy of what the EU has done in Ukraine and Syria. At least the French did do something in Mali and with the UK in Libya.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    From purely a political view, he very adequately tows the party line and is yet another Obama mouthpiece in the world. He's there to push Obama's world view and he does it very well. In other words, he's a useful puppet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating what he does or this administrations view, just providing an analysis of what he does. Whether it is effective or not is a different matter.
    Well sure, but that is over obvious. Do you find that in contrast with say C. Rice or M. Albright?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #10
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well sure, but that is over obvious. Do you find that in contrast with say C. Rice or M. Albright?
    There are plenty of contrasts - approach, competency, political lean, background, attitude, world view, successes and failures.... how is that relevant?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •