Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 361 to 366 of 366

Thread: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

  1. #361
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    yep i read the law and so did the DC court. the federal government is not a state.
    also if you read the thing you quoted it said the Secretary shall operate not the state. therefore it wasn't established by the state but by the secretary.
    so please tell me when the position of secratary was given statehood?

    accoring to the last definition by the Secretary state meant states and not the federal government.

    you are trying to play word games that don't exist.
    Establish such exchange. Meaning establish the same exchange. It's not a word game. It says right there it's subject to the same requirements, and subsidies are one such requirement.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #362
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,647

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Establish such exchange. Meaning establish the same exchange. It's not a word game. It says right there it's subject to the same requirements, and subsidies are one such requirement.
    yes but the problem is that it isn't the state establishing the exchange it is the federal government.
    you are leaving out the part that says subsidies are only for exchanges that are established by the State. the federal government is not a state.

    in fact in the bill itself it points directly back to the clause that establishes state exchanges.
    it does not point to the section of the bill which is a different section that establishes the federal exchange.

  3. #363
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    yes but the problem is that it isn't the state establishing the exchange it is the federal government.
    you are leaving out the part that says subsidies are only for exchanges that are established by the State. the federal government is not a state.

    in fact in the bill itself it points directly back to the clause that establishes state exchanges.
    it does not point to the section of the bill which is a different section that establishes the federal exchange.
    The exchange is still subject to the applicable laws which includes subsidies, due to that language.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #364
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,647

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The exchange is still subject to the applicable laws which includes subsidies, due to that language.
    no it doesn't the subsidies only apply to those exchanges setup by the state you are only reading what you want to read and ignoring the rest of it.

    no the federal exchanges are not subject to subsidies. please see the DC court ruling.

  5. #365
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Reading the whole law is important.



    The Federal exchanges are the same thing as the state exchanges due to this wording.
    It also says "the Secretary shall take such actions as are necessary to implement such other requirements."

    The subsidies are one of those "other requirements"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #366
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no the federal exchanges are not subject to subsidies.
    The law says "the Secretary shall take such actions as are necessary to implement such other requirements."

    Subsidies are one of those "other requirements" and the quoted text authorizes the Secretary to provide subsidies.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •