Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 366

Thread: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

  1. #301
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Really? you might want to talk it over with the DC court of appeals.
    That decision was not legally binding.

    Try again

    And again, please quote where I said that the courts wouldn't hear the case or admit that you lied
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #302
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,637

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The court says you're wrong
    And another court said you are wrong. So here we are debating the validity of the two arguments. Are you capable of a salient argument for your side? I haven't seen one yet.

    Also, can I take this as your concession on your HCERA argument?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #303
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    And another court said you are wrong. So here we are debating the validity of the two arguments. Are you capable of a salient argument for your side? I haven't seen one yet.

    Also, can I take this as your concession on your HCERA argument?
    It wasn't a "court" that said the subsidies are illegal. It was a panel of judges. The full court there has not yet had a trial
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #304
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,637

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It wasn't a "court" that said the subsidies are illegal. It was a panel of judges. The full court there has not yet had a trial
    Oh geeze, are you really trying to argue the definition of "court" now? You do realize the three judges have standing, yes? They ruled on the case. The case can now either be appealed to the full circuit court or the SCOTUS, but they issued an enforceable court ruling, either way.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #305
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Oh geeze, are you really trying to argue the definition of "court" now? You do realize the three judges have standing, yes? They ruled on the case. The case can now either be appealed to the full circuit court or the SCOTUS, but they issued an enforceable court ruling, either way.
    Their conclusion has no legal force. It is not enforceable. Subsidies are still being given out on all exchanges.

    The article even says so
    The Obama administration said it will ask the full U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit to reverse the panel's decision, which for now does not have the rule of law.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #306
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And again, please quote where I said that the courts wouldn't hear the case or admit that you lied
    Please quote where I said you said that or admit you lied.

  7. #307
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Their conclusion has no legal force. It is not enforceable. Subsidies are still being given out on all exchanges.
    They stayed it during appeal. It doesn't mean that the court didn't rule, though.

  8. #308
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Please quote where I said you said that or admit you lied.
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    the court did decide to hear the cases.. Despite your cites claim they wouldn't.
    again, please quote where I said that the courts wouldn't hear the case or admit that you lied
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #309
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    They stayed it during appeal. It doesn't mean that the court didn't rule, though.
    Their conclusion has no legal force. It is not enforceable. Subsidies are still being given out on all exchanges.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #310
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Here

    again, please quote where I said that the courts wouldn't hear the case or admit that you lied
    Again showing your lack of reading comprehension. Allow me to assist you:

    the court did decide to hear the cases.. Despite your cites claim they wouldn't.
    Ready to admit you have reading comprehension problems yet? Or maybe that you lied? Either will be sufficient.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •