Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 366

Thread: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

  1. #161
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,732

    re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, it does say that, but if you look at Sec 2001 of the PPACA (which is the section which sets the reimbursement rates for the Medicaid expansion) you'll see that it does not say that. It talks about the rate dropping in 2017-201 and then again for "2019 and succeeding years" It says nothing about it ending in 2022
    And states are smart to set their future budgeting on this huge uncertainty?

  2. #162
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    And states are smart to set their future budgeting on this huge uncertainty?
    What uncertainty?

    And yes, expanding Medicaid saves states money
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #163
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,732

    re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    What uncertainty?

    And yes, expanding Medicaid saves states money
    What uncertainty? Really? Are you asking that???

    It won't save states money when they are footing the entire bill in 8 years.

  4. #164
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    What uncertainty? Really? Are you asking that???
    Yes, I am

    It won't save states money when they are footing the entire bill in 8 years.
    Sure it will. It's not as if the uninsured are getting care that doesn't cost the state money

    Someone is paying for it. Guess who that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #165
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,732

    re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, I am



    Sure it will. It's not as if the uninsured are getting care that doesn't cost the state money

    Someone is paying for it. Guess who that is?
    Well, 36 state legislatures see it differently than you do. Their reasons for not blindly jumping on board aren't stupid. There are a lot of unknowns, and you don't go into a deal that could possibly bankrupt you if there are unknowns. We do have 14 guinea pig states though, so we'll see what happens.

  6. #166
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Well, 36 state legislatures see it differently than you do.
    Are you arguing that I must be wrong because the majority disagrees with me?

    I know you're smarter than that
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #167
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,732

    Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Are you arguing that I must be wrong because the majority disagrees with me?

    I know you're smarter than that
    I didn't say you're wrong, I said 36 state legislatures see it differently than you do, and that their reasons for not blindly jumping on board aren't stupid. There are 14 (15 actually) guinea pigs though, so we will see what happens.

  8. #168
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I didn't say you're wrong, I said 36 state legislatures see it differently than you do, and that their reasons for not blindly jumping on board aren't stupid. There are 14 (15 actually) guinea pigs though, so we will see what happens.
    It is true that states see it differently than I do. Whether or not they have reasons that are not stupid is debatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #169
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,732

    Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It is true that states see it differently than I do. Whether or not they have reasons that are not stupid is debatable.
    It's really not debatable. There were, and still are a ton of unanswered questions about Obamacare, and the federal government is notorious for leaving unfunded mandates for states to pay for. That is not a situation that any objectively thinking person (or state) would voluntarily jump into.

  10. #170
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Federal Court rules Most obamacare subsidies Illegal[W:286]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    It's really not debatable. There were, and still are a ton of unanswered questions about Obamacare, and the federal government is notorious for leaving unfunded mandates for states to pay for. That is not a situation that any objectively thinking person (or state) would voluntarily jump into.
    The fact that we are debating it suggests that you're wrong about that.

    The Medicaid expansion is at least 90% funded by the Feds. If it is ever lowered, states can opt out. SCOTUS made it clear that the feds can not compel a state to cover anyone under the ACA's Medicaid expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •