Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 758

Thread: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

  1. #731
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    We are burdened by an increasingly (and absurdly) intrusive nanny state.
    I see.

    Who is running the school lunch program again?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #732
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I see.

    Who is running the school lunch program again?
    Locals are nominally in charge but the real power is with the Feds.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #733
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Locals are nominally in charge but the real power is with the Feds.
    News flash: The national school lunch program is a federal program.

    Yes, that's right, a federal program, just as it was back when I was in elementary school

    back in the 1950s.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #734
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    News flash: The national school lunch program is a federal program.

    Yes, that's right, a federal program, just as it was back when I was in elementary school

    back in the 1950s.
    Indeed. School districts have become dependent on the federal largesse, which is now being used coercively by the Feds.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #735
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Indeed. School districts have become dependent on the federal largesse, which is now being used coercively by the Feds.
    That may be true, but it has nothing to do with the federal school lunch program.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #736
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That may be true, but it has nothing to do with the federal school lunch program.
    Ah. But it does.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #737
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Why? I nailed it the first time.
    Nope.

  8. #738
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    News flash: The national school lunch program is a federal program.

    Yes, that's right, a federal program, just as it was back when I was in elementary school


    And it should not be. The only that the FEDS should be involved in is accreditation and even then only in regards to basic skills like math, English, geography, and history.

  9. #739
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    And it should not be. The only that the FEDS should be involved in is accreditation and even then only in regards to basic skills like math, English, geography, and history.
    why should the federal government be involved in education at all? Isn't education a function of the states?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #740
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    why should the federal government be involved in education at all? Isn't education a function of the states?
    Yes....and it should remain so. However accreditation helps maintain some uniform standards in basic skills that would give employers the confidence that a high school graduate from Kansas is fairly equal to a graduate in New York, or South Dakota, or Maine, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •