Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 758

Thread: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

  1. #581
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The administrators were polled as to their opinion.
    Do you honestly think they would want to reflect poorly on the program, or their school, or it's kids? I doubt it.

    This is what you originally said.
    The article reflected that such disposal was about the same as it previously was, except for rural schools where more was tossed.




    So you don't think kids can be indoctrinated to express "like" for something?
    Even peer pressure can work that way.
    I suppose you can be so indoctrinated. TV advertising does it all the time. What has that got to do with the school administrators? They weren't the ones saying that they liked the food, were they?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #582
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I suppose you can be so indoctrinated. TV advertising does it all the time. What has that got to do with the school administrators? They weren't the ones saying that they liked the food, were they?
    They were saying the kids liked the food.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #583
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    They were saying the kids liked the food.
    and if they did, indeed, like the food, then obviously they were being indoctrinated.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #584
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    and if they did, indeed, like the food, then obviously they were being indoctrinated.
    If you say so.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #585
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    District drops federal lunch program

    "The 2,800-student district joins a small but growing number of school districts across the country – mostly wealthy districts who can afford to forfeit the money – who have dropped out of the federal program in the wake of stricter nutritional standards.

    Schools said students don't like the unsalted potatoes, low-fat cheese or the mandatory fruits and vegetables. They throw food away or decide not to eat at all."

  6. #586
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    These students should then be followed through life and be forced to pay higher insurance costs since they will be more unhealthy.
    Poor choices leading to obesity and health problems should not be born by the body politic .
    Physics is Phun

  7. #587
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    From the start, this whole Ultra Conservative hatred of the School Lunch Program was because of one thing and one thing only.

    The person who pushed its last name was Obama.

    That's about it.

  8. #588
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    From the start, this whole Ultra Conservative hatred of the School Lunch Program was because of one thing and one thing only.

    The person who pushed its last name was Obama.

    That's about it.
    Prove your claim.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #589
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Prove your claim.
    That's like asking me if the sky is blue.

    The largely conservative blowback is pretty much based on that one fact alone and it's overwhelmingly evident because there is no reason whatsoever to argue against healthier food in schools unless it was politically motivated

    There's absolutely no rational way you can argue against it.

  10. #590
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    That's like asking me if the sky is blue.
    No it is not. So stop making false racist claims.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The largely conservative blowback is pretty much based on that one fact alone and it's overwhelmingly evident because there is no reason whatsoever to argue against healthier food in schools unless it was politically motivated

    There's absolutely no rational way you can argue against it.
    Wrong.

    1. It is further Gov encroachment where they do not belong, especially as your child's health, or what they eat is none of the govs business.

    And even as it were ...
    2. The food was already healthy.

    3. Healthy food doesn't have to taste bad.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •