Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 758

Thread: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

  1. #461
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post




    Holy delusional ****.
    We are speaking of that between us. No one else.
    Do try to focus.
    You were wrong and continue to be so, which is the only reason you are told you are. Because you are wrong. Which is just something else which you can not comprehend. Further providing an example of how Dunning-Kruger applies to you.
    Your verbosity doesn't change that.
    And yet another fine example of Excon's 'I know you are but what am I. Nanananaboo, stick your head in doo doo. I like Chocolate pudding, especially when it comes from inside of my pants' defense.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #462
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    And anyone with half and intelligence damn well knows when "study finds" precedes the subject - it's automatically bull****.

    For instance...

    "Study Finds That North Koreans Prefer To Eat Grass Instead of Rotten Rat and Human Corpses."

    Journalism at it's finest...
    If I read correctly, this study says that the school administrators think that the students like the healthier lunches better. Huh? Forgive for asking the obvious (and I didn't read 46 pages of posts), but why the hell didn't they ask the students? That might be another obvious answer.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #463
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    If I read correctly, this study says that the school administrators think that the students like the healthier lunches better. Huh? Forgive for asking the obvious (and I didn't read 46 pages of posts), but why the hell didn't they ask the students? That might be another obvious answer.
    Why chance it with a possible negative response when administrators can given an opinion in favor of the political push which equal a "He likes it! Hey Mikey!" moment for the press to regurgitate.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    People are actually complaining that public schools are feeding children a healthy diet. Alright then.
    Do you have any empirical evidence that the schools are feeding the children a healthy diet?

    They feed them low fat milk. That's just milk with most of the nutrition removed from it so that corporations can use those nutrients in other products. That's not healthy.

    The replace meat with "texturized soy protein". That's not healthy.

  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    The replace meat with "texturized soy protein". That's not healthy.
    Eww..

    I avoid all soy based products like they are poison. They aren't poison of course, but I can't imagine that it is good for boys to be taking in all that soy. Soy increases estrogen levels and boys and men should avoid it. It's ok to take in some, but at certain point it is harmful and the body can not produce enough testosterone to counter balance the estrogen introduced into the system. This amount is different for men of course since their amount of testosterone and their ability to produce it varies based on their age, health, and genetics. If I had a teen boy I would not feed him anything with soy in it and I would tell him to avoid it and why he should do so.
    Last edited by Henrin; 07-26-14 at 02:10 PM.

  6. #466
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    If I read correctly, this study says that the school administrators think that the students like the healthier lunches better. Huh? Forgive for asking the obvious (and I didn't read 46 pages of posts), but why the hell didn't they ask the students? That might be another obvious answer.
    Hence, it's not a "study" its a ****ing poll.

    The use of the word "study" is a journalistic tactic to brainwash people ....... The typical idiot will say "its a study so it must be true" however if they said a "poll" no one would pay any damn attention because everyone (well most people) know a poll is nonsense, but the word "study" sounds "scientific" hence the sheep cant argue with that..


    It's called partisan journalism and progressive leaning journalists are quite the propaganda artists, which is why you find all the juicy facts that make you think about a story at the bottom of the damn article - they know the sheep wont read a long article to the end, hence they fill the first few paragraphs (if not pages) with THEIR opinion but written in an objective manner..

    So instead of "poll" they say "study."

    This is why the media is garbage and why people who poll others and call them "studies" should be forbidden from ever attempting science at a professional level ever again.

  7. #467
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    And yet another fine example of Excon's 'I know you are but what am I. Nanananaboo, stick your head in doo doo. I like Chocolate pudding, especially when it comes from inside of my pants' defense.

    You are again just speaking of yourself.
    Those facts wont change.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    When I asked if your position was that the children were told that they liked the food, therefore they liked the food, you claimed I didn't comprehend the word and cut and paste a definition which you clearly did not comprehend as defense for your incompetent use of the English language.
    Wrong.

    This is where it started and that which made your position erroneous from the start.
    Not just because what was being spoken about was their "like" as perceived by the administrators, but also because you limited yourself to one narrow definition, when the definition is far more expansive than that. Your failure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Indoctrinate means: to teach (someone) to fully accept the ideas, opinions, and beliefs of a particular group and to not consider other ideas, opinions, and beliefs

    Facts are not "ideas, opinions or beliefs", they are facts. Example of a Fact: Carrots are healthier for you than hot dogs.

    If you have an opinion that is in opposition to a fact, then you are a ****ing retard and your opinion is ****ing worthless.

    EVERYONE should fully accept facts and reject opinions that try to defy the facts. that's not called indoctrination, that's called not being a ****ing retard.


    When kids are repeatedly told by their authority figures (teachers/instructors/administrators), 1. to stop complaining about, and 2. that something is better/good/healthy for them, they will naturally exhibit such an opinion and express it as liking the food to those authority figures. That is indoctrination any way you wish to look at it.
    Which is being reflected in the administrators perceived opinion of the students opinions.
    It is like you didn't even read the article before replying. As that was expressed as liking the food, not in liking it because it was healthier.

    Had you actually read and comprehended what the article relayed, you would have understood what was meant without further clarification.
    Again, your failure.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The key failure of your sentence (besides you utterly incompetent use of the word "better" in the context of the discussion) was the use of "after being". If the children were indoctrinated, then their views had conformed. If your use of the word better" was, as you claim, intended to be about "liking" rather than "healthier", then your sentence states, unequivocally, that telling the kids that they liked the food was effective in causing the kids to actually like the food.
    Wrong.
    Again, your failure at comprehension.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #468
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Not just because what was being spoken about was their "like" as perceived by the administrators,
    Explain how "their like as perceived by the administrators" is conveyed with the statement "After being indoctrinated throughout the school year that the lunches are so much better...".


    I'm giving you a chance to attempt to demonstrate that your perception of your own competence is not delusional. I seriously doubt that you will be able to do so, though.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #469
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    When kids are repeatedly told by their authority figures (teachers/instructors/administrators), 1. to stop complaining about, and 2. that something is better/good/healthy for them, they will naturally exhibit such an opinion and express it as liking the food to those authority figures. That is indoctrination any way you wish to look at it.
    So, although you did not wish to admit it earlier, your position IS that they've been told that they like it therefore they now like it.

    Because if you are saying that the kids are LYING to the administrators in order to avoid punishment, you are certainly NOT talking about indoctrination.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #470
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Explain how "their like as perceived by the administrators" is conveyed with the statement "After being indoctrinated throughout the school year that the lunches are so much better...".


    I'm giving you a chance to attempt to demonstrate that your perception of your own competence is not delusional. I seriously doubt that you will be able to do so, though.
    Oh look. Again showing your lack of comprehension.
    It was already explained.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •