Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 758

Thread: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

  1. #451
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What a thread. We have to put food in our schools, its been **** food for decades, someone suggests we start providing healthier lunches and that becomes a political fight too!
    Try my five recent days in Yellowstone, where the vast majority of people in decent shape didn't speak English--mostly European and Oriental. Then look at the foods they eat--as Mark Levin might say, crony capitalism runs school lunches. Las Vegas was a disaster with those who have bellied up to the buffet for decades .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #452
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Try my five recent days in Yellowstone, where the vast majority of people in decent shape didn't speak English--mostly European and Oriental. Then look at the foods they eat--as Mark Levin might say, crony capitalism runs school lunches. Las Vegas was a disaster with those who have bellied up to the buffet for decades .
    That's a bad ass place to visit. And your right.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #453
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Still trying and failing I see.
    You don't even comprehend the provided definition and yet you go on and on.

    And btw, pointing out that you are wrong is not claiming superiority. That is what you have been trying to do with your ignorant attacks.
    Assuming that you are right and everyone else is wrong is claiming superiority, though. I'm merely pointing out that you, as an individual with a long history of reading comprehension problems here at DP, are unable to comprehend that which you yourself have written.

    You are, however, impervious to the evidence of your own incompetence, so no amount of factual information will sway your perception of adequacy.

    Which the average person can see is perfectly predicted by the Dunning-Kruger effect when someone who is utterly incompetent assumes themselves to be of above-average competence.

    To explain it in a more relevant way to the particular discussion at hand, earlier I discussed your teacher's failure to "indoctrinate" you into an adult level of reading comprehension. They may have attempted to "indoctrinate" you, but since you were impervious to their efforts (as would be expected from a person on your end of the Dunning-Kruger spectrum), you failed to become "indoctrinated".

    Thus, despite the valient, perhaps even herculean, efforts of your teachers, nobody can ever claim that you've been "indoctrinated" to an adult level of reading comprehension as the attempt was clearly unsuccessful.

    Going back to your initial incompetently worded sentence, you said "After being indoctrinated throughout the school year that the lunches are so much better, of course those results would be expected."

    Now, you have made it clear that you used better to mean something akin to "tastier" or "more likable" rather than "healthy". This is, in and of itself, an incompetent use fo the English language, but we'll leave it alone for now as it is not necessary to demonstrate your astounding incompetence with the word indoctrinated.

    For the Students to have been indoctrinated that the food is tastier or more likeable, they would actually have to believe that it is tastier/more likable.

    Your incompetent attempt to support your incompetent sentence was to claim that the teachers indoctrinated them. Due to your failure to comprehend English language, however, you failed to recognize that there is a clear and obvious distinction between "indoctrinating" and "attempting to indoctrinate". The former is successful in altering the indoctrinated person's beliefs to be in accordance with the indoctrinator's views, while the latter scenario leaves an unindoctrinated person who has not conformed to the indoctrinator's views.

    When I asked if your position was that the children were told that they liked the food, therefore they liked the food, you claimed I didn't comprehend the word and cut and paste a definition which you clearly did not comprehend as defense for your incompetent use of the English language.

    The key failure of your sentence (besides you utterly incompetent use of the word "better" in the context of the discussion) was the use of "after being". If the children were indoctrinated, then their views had conformed. If your use of the word better" was, as you claim, intended to be about "liking" rather than "healthier", then your sentence states, unequivocally, that telling the kids that they liked the food was effective in causing the kids to actually like the food.

    But these are merely facts. As the Dunning-Kruger effect indicates, you are utterly incapable of perceiving facts in an adequate fashion so they will not have any affect upon your own flawed self-perception of competence.

    Now it's time for you to say "Wrong again" and "says the guy who didn't comprehend the definition" in a fit of grandiose delusion.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Apparently not all kids are spoiled brats whose parents let them eat what ever they want and many other kids do like healthier food.

    Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches - WSJ
    When the federal government implemented new school-meal regulations in 2012, a majority of elementary-school students complained about the healthier lunches, but by the end of the school year most found the food agreeable, according to survey results released Monday.
    The peer-reviewed study comes amid concerns that the regulations led schools to throw away more uneaten food and prompted some students to drop out of meal programs.
    Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago surveyed administrators at more than 500 primary schools about student reaction to the new meals in the 2012-2013 school year. They found that 70% agreed or strongly agreed that students, by the end of the school year, generally liked the new lunches, which feature more whole grains, vegetables and fruits, and lower fat levels.
    And anyone with half and intelligence damn well knows when "study finds" precedes the subject - it's automatically bull****.

    For instance...

    "Study Finds That North Koreans Prefer To Eat Grass Instead of Rotten Rat and Human Corpses."

    Journalism at it's finest...

  5. #455
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    And anyone with half and intelligence damn well knows when "study finds" precedes the subject - it's automatically bull****.
    Oh man! Too rich!

  6. #456
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    And anyone with half and intelligence damn well knows when "study finds" precedes the subject - it's automatically bull****.

    For instance...

    "Study Finds That North Koreans Prefer To Eat Grass Instead of Rotten Rat and Human Corpses."

    Journalism at it's finest...
    So you're saying North Koreans prefer to eat rotten rat and human corpses?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Oh man! Too rich!
    If you disagree than do it...

    Don't say "too rich" that's for lazy people who don't have to concoct a dissenting argument.

  8. #458
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    So you're saying North Koreans prefer to eat rotten rat and human corpses?
    Are you implying they don't have half an intelligence?

  9. #459
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Are you implying they don't have half an intelligence?
    It was "half and intelligence". Half of what, nobody can say, but it must be coupled with intelligence in order for someone to damn well know it's bull****.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #460
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Assuming that you are right and everyone else is wrong is claiming superiority, though. I'm merely pointing out that you, as an individual with a long history of reading comprehension problems here at DP, are unable to comprehend that which you yourself have written.

    You are, however, impervious to the evidence of your own incompetence, so no amount of factual information will sway your perception of adequacy.

    Which the average person can see is perfectly predicted by the Dunning-Kruger effect when someone who is utterly incompetent assumes themselves to be of above-average competence.

    To explain it in a more relevant way to the particular discussion at hand, earlier I discussed your teacher's failure to "indoctrinate" you into an adult level of reading comprehension. They may have attempted to "indoctrinate" you, but since you were impervious to their efforts (as would be expected from a person on your end of the Dunning-Kruger spectrum), you failed to become "indoctrinated".

    Thus, despite the valient, perhaps even herculean, efforts of your teachers, nobody can ever claim that you've been "indoctrinated" to an adult level of reading comprehension as the attempt was clearly unsuccessful.

    Going back to your initial incompetently worded sentence, you said "After being indoctrinated throughout the school year that the lunches are so much better, of course those results would be expected."

    Now, you have made it clear that you used better to mean something akin to "tastier" or "more likable" rather than "healthy". This is, in and of itself, an incompetent use fo the English language, but we'll leave it alone for now as it is not necessary to demonstrate your astounding incompetence with the word indoctrinated.

    For the Students to have been indoctrinated that the food is tastier or more likeable, they would actually have to believe that it is tastier/more likable.

    Your incompetent attempt to support your incompetent sentence was to claim that the teachers indoctrinated them. Due to your failure to comprehend English language, however, you failed to recognize that there is a clear and obvious distinction between "indoctrinating" and "attempting to indoctrinate". The former is successful in altering the indoctrinated person's beliefs to be in accordance with the indoctrinator's views, while the latter scenario leaves an unindoctrinated person who has not conformed to the indoctrinator's views.

    When I asked if your position was that the children were told that they liked the food, therefore they liked the food, you claimed I didn't comprehend the word and cut and paste a definition which you clearly did not comprehend as defense for your incompetent use of the English language.

    The key failure of your sentence (besides you utterly incompetent use of the word "better" in the context of the discussion) was the use of "after being". If the children were indoctrinated, then their views had conformed. If your use of the word better" was, as you claim, intended to be about "liking" rather than "healthier", then your sentence states, unequivocally, that telling the kids that they liked the food was effective in causing the kids to actually like the food.

    But these are merely facts. As the Dunning-Kruger effect indicates, you are utterly incapable of perceiving facts in an adequate fashion so they will not have any affect upon your own flawed self-perception of competence.

    Now it's time for you to say "Wrong again" and "says the guy who didn't comprehend the definition" in a fit of grandiose delusion.




    Holy delusional ****.
    We are speaking of that between us. No one else.
    Do try to focus.
    You were wrong and continue to be so, which is the only reason you are told you are. Because you are wrong. Which is just something else which you can not comprehend. Further providing an example of how Dunning-Kruger applies to you.
    Your verbosity doesn't change that.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •