Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 758

Thread: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

  1. #421
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The counter to this is that there are two or three schools in the country that doesn't allow it.
    Then those local school districts need to change their rules, provided the parents in the school district have a problem with said rule.

    This is where modern conservativism (i.e. the victim-mentality) meets the "personal responsibility" mentality (aka a more classic conservative mentality) and ****s the bed.

    On one hand, a conservative would supposedly believe it is a parents duty to take personal responsibility over their child's nutrition. I do. My son could receive food at his day care, but instead I pack a lunch because I want him to eat what I want him to eat.

    Here's the facts as I see them: If you decide you want the school to feed your kids, then you give up the right to complain about what they are fed.

    If the school is providing the food, the food should adhere to reasonable health standards. If the parents are providing the food, it can be a tub of ice cream and piece of buttered cat **** for all I care.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #422
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Give it a rest. Don't like the food? Pack a lunch.


    Exactly.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #423
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Then those local school districts need to change their rules, provided the parents in the school district have a problem with said rule.

    This is where modern conservativism (i.e. the victim-mentality) meets the "personal responsibility" mentality (aka a more classic conservative mentality) and ****s the bed.

    On one hand, a conservative would supposedly believe it is a parents duty to take personal responsibility over their child's nutrition. I do. My son could receive food at his day care, but instead I pack a lunch because I want him to eat what I want him to eat.

    Here's the facts as I see them: If you decide you want the school to feed your kids, then you give up the right to complain about what they are fed.

    If the school is providing the food, the food should adhere to reasonable health standards. If the parents are providing the food, it can be a tub of ice cream and piece of buttered cat **** for all I care.
    I don't think anyone's actually defended schools banning packed lunches. That's just a crappy policy through and through.

    Sriracha sauce on cat **** would work too.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 07-24-14 at 10:15 PM.

  4. #424
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Once again you're serving a variety of conflicting needs. Kids who are hungry, underfed. Kids who are fat, overfed. Kids who are active, kids who are sedentary. And what does it tell you when the trash can is full and the kids were of the hungry, underfed variety. When even the underfed won't touch it with a ten foot pole, you're off the track.
    Prove that the "hungry, underfed" students are throwing away their food, especially in large numbers. I highly doubt any child would throw away food if they are really hungry and underfed at home.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #425
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    From the article you linked to
    the Harvard study shows kids are consuming more fruits and vegetables since the requirements were enacted in 2012, and that the waste is no higher than before.

    The Houston Independent School District said it has not performed a controlled study, but casual observations reveal no higher rate of waste since the rules took effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #426
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Do you think what we're talking about here is a locally funded and conceived program, really?
    I'm not sure there is a program at all. That's why I asked that you show me a federal program.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #427
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    So you don't dodge them. Got it.
    More retardation from you, figures.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Just because you can pretend to understand a definition does not mean you actually know what the word means.

    Say the guy who had to be given the definition of it. iLOL


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Hint: If the kids are indoctrinated, they actually believe they like it (The administrators beliefs have nothing to do with the kids' indoctrination).
    Says the guy who tried to confuse "like" with thinking something was healthy.

    And yeah, you have no clue if the administrations opinion has anything to do with indoctrination, as what they perceive could very well be a result of it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You clearly don't know what the word means.

    No, that was you as I had to provide you the definition.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Saying "Wrong again" repeatedly without actually demonstrating the statement to be wrong does not change reality,
    Of course stating the fact that you are wrong does not change the fact that you are wrong. That is just silly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The reality is that you don't know how to use the word in an intelligent, correct manner.
    Showing of course that you are only speaking of yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    indoctrinate
    in·doc·tri·nate
    [in-dok-truh-neyt]
    verb (used with object), in·doc·tri·nat·ed, in·doc·tri·nat·ing.

    1. to instruct in a doctrine, principle, ideology, etc., especially to imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view.
    2. to teach or inculcate.
    3. to imbue with learning.

    Indoctrinate | Define Indoctrinate at Dictionary.com


    No matter how you want to view this, it is indoctrination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Pushing/teaching/indoctrinating anything the Gov does as right/good/healthy, etc... Is wrong.
    The Gov doing such is indoctrination, no matter how much you want to retardedly claim it isn't.



    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Personally, I would blame it on the teachers who failed to "indoctrinate" you on how to use the English language at an adult level.
    Says the guy who has demonstrated a lack of knowledge concerning it's usage.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #428
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I don't think anyone's actually defended schools banning packed lunches. That's just a crappy policy through and through.

    Sriracha sauce on cat **** would work too.
    And I don't think any schools have actually banned kids bringing lunches, not to my knowledge anyway. At our school, the principal did put her foot down about kids bring a huge bag of hot Cheetos and nothing else for their lunch. Talk about parent's responsibility, or lack thereof, that was a prime example.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #429
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    More retardation from you, figures.



    Say the guy who had to be given the definition of it. iLOL


    Says the guy who tried to confuse "like" with thinking something was healthy.

    And yeah, you have no clue if the administrations opinion has anything to do with indoctrination, as what they perceive could very well be a result of it.



    No, that was you as I had to provide you the definition.


    Of course stating the fact that you are wrong does not change the fact that you are wrong. That is just silly.


    Showing of course that you are only speaking of yourself.


    The Gov doing such is indoctrination, no matter how much you want to retardedly claim it isn't.



    Says the guy who has demonstrated a lack of knowledge concerning it's usage.
    Again, just because you think that you comprehend something does not mean you do. You are a classic case of the dunning-kruger effect. You are clearly incompetent at comprehending that which you read, but you are so incapable of recognizing your own incompetence that you feel you are more competent than those who are.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #430
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Again, just because you think that you comprehend something does not mean you do.
    This applies to you.

    The definition was provided.
    You obvious just can't comprehend it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You are a classic case of the dunning-kruger effect.
    iLOL
    And again, describing yourself.
    Your ignorance on what the actual definition says/means, leads you to have an undeserved confidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You are clearly incompetent at comprehending that which you read, but you are so incapable of recognizing your own incompetence that you feel you are more competent than those who are.

    Said the person who can not comprehend the provided definition. That is so hilarious. iLOL
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •