Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 758

Thread: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

  1. #201
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    You haven't offered a question worth answering. Amazing! Not really....lol
    Since I asked about what you said, you're probably right
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #202
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I never said that it was "as it has always been". Maybe you should reread what was typed.

    There are plenty of calories there. You can't prove there aren't. All you have is your personal opinion on what they should be eating. Most young children get a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch almost daily (and many bring good portions home with them or simply throw some away).

    They should go through recess before lunch. But there are also things such as snack time during elementary school (in most elementary schools anyway) and parents should be providing breakfast for their children as well.
    Been a while since you've been to an elementary school hasn't it? First, many elementary schools don't allow peanut butter anymore, because for the few with nut allergies it can be fatal. No, there aren't plenty of calories there at all, unless you're on a diet.
    There are recesses before and after lunch. In fact lunch time IS a recess time.

  3. #203
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    proof or evidence or more baseless liberal ideology?

    i think i will go with baseless ideology.

    she wouldn't and doesn't feed her kids that slop elitism is great.

    all that stuff on that plate is calory neutral or calory negative not good for growing kids. more so when most of it will end up in the trash.
    Check my post above. I showed where it came from. It was posted from a mother who claims that was the lunch her second grader got. Definitely not a high schooler or even middle schooler.

    Many kids would eat most of the stuff on that tray. Mine used to bring home half of that because he simply couldn't eat it all, especially not when he had a snack earlier in the day.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #204
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Been a while since you've been to an elementary school hasn't it? First, many elementary schools don't allow peanut butter anymore, because for the few with nut allergies it can be fatal. No, there aren't plenty of calories there at all, unless you're on a diet.
    There are recesses before and after lunch. In fact lunch time IS a recess time.
    IOW, the lunch you claim doesn't provide enough calories is a lunch you claim is not allowed to be served!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #205
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Now that's a parent who really knows how to lay out a spread.

    Funny, our parents fed us well and we weren't over weight. It's a big mystery.

    No it's not, it just takes some common sense, which isn't on some peoples menu.
    excactly.

    i ate at school plenty of times as it was sometimes cheaper. i think we were allowed 2. pizza day or cheeseburger day was usually 2x.
    I know me and my brother would eat 2 weeks of groceries out in a week and we were never fat.

  6. #206
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Been a while since you've been to an elementary school hasn't it? First, many elementary schools don't allow peanut butter anymore, because for the few with nut allergies it can be fatal. No, there aren't plenty of calories there at all, unless you're on a diet.
    There are recesses before and after lunch. In fact lunch time IS a recess time.
    Wrong. I went just a couple of months ago every day for my son. Both schools I have been to the last school year allow peanut butter. They have separate tables for those students who are severely allergic. Try again.

    Yes, there are plenty of calories there for many younger students.

    It depends on the school as to whether lunch time is part of recess, before, or after. That is where the "should" comes in there. Many schools are learning to rearrange their schedules so that lunch time does come after recess to encourage children to eat more.

    You seem to be the one that isn't used to children or schools, particularly elementary age.

    But in reality, that isn't even the normal meal being served to elementary age students. There are plenty of school menus out there to prove that, some I have already posted.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #207
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Been a while since you've been to an elementary school hasn't it? First, many elementary schools don't allow peanut butter anymore, because for the few with nut allergies it can be fatal. No, there aren't plenty of calories there at all, unless you're on a diet.
    There are recesses before and after lunch. In fact lunch time IS a recess time.
    it is useless trying to even talk to them. they refuse to see they are so sold out into their ideology.
    they have the same Let them eat cake attitude that obama has.

    i posted a link on here that showed what high schoolers and middle school kids are getting. it is garbage. it doesn't even look appealing.

  8. #208
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Do you have any evidence to support your claims that there aren't enough calories, that children can't handle milk or nuts, and that kids burn more calories eating carrots and celery than they contain?

    Or are you just making **** up?
    Yeah, in fact all of those things are rather common knowledge. That you don't know those things makes you a bit sheltered. But if you want links, here you go:

    Negative-calorie food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nut and Peanut Allergy
    Please Stop Asking Your Children to Finish Their Milk - US News

  9. #209
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Since I asked about what you said, you're probably right
    Let's try this again without the political bias and lean.

    Why can't there be a diet with a little more variety, like extra carbs and meat?

    Maybe even a small dessert with natural sweeteners?

    My niece grew up eating literally whatever she wanted, now she's a lard ass. There could've been some middle ground, where they offered better choices without going full hippy diet.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  10. #210
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,114
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post

    no they get
    BBQ sandwhiches
    roasted chicken
    ice cream
    meatball subs
    and a whole slew of other

    elitism at its finest
    These are the points the complainers are bringing up...
    1) the complainers hate that kids are being fed celery, carrots, apples, milk, nuts and a peanut butter sandwich.
    2)they're complaining that Obama's kids are insinuating that Obama's kids are being fed extravagant meals of meatball subs, roasted chicken etc
    3) they're complaining that there's not enough calories in the meals,
    4)they're complaining that our kids are too damn fat.
    5)they're complaining that the kids are throwing away the healthy meals anyway.

    Yes, the complainers want to make sure they hit every possible point, which means as usual they have to engage in mental gymnastics to justify their contradictory points. I haven't read the thread thoroughly but I take it that the concept of parents taking personal responsibility for their kids has been absent from the discussion from these complainers?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •