Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 758

Thread: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

  1. #131
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    i'd imagine they have a bit more on their plate to worry about other than refuse audits...
    I am pretty sure they would want to know if money was being wasted.Because teachers might ask for new school books, school equipment, maintenance for schools, and etc.And so that issue of money might come up.

    you seem to be awfully opposed to asking the kids themselves if they like the food...is there a reason for that?
    I do not think asking a tiny handful of students will give a clear indication out of the thousands or couple thousands of kids who attend the school want and wether or not the kids will actually be honest.

    I am sure someone can do a study on the kids and divide the kids into different categories. Like kids on free lunch whose parents let them eat what ever they want, kids on free lunch whose parents do not let them eat what ever they want, kids on paid lunches whose parents let their kids eat what ever they want and kids on paid lunches whose parents do not let them eat what ever they want.And am sure they can then further divide those groups by race, sex and body size.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I am pretty sure they would want to know if money was being wasted.Because teachers might ask for new school books, school equipment, maintenance for schools, and etc.And so that issue of money might come up.
    it might come up, but as there will always be waste food.. and there always has been.... it would require some diligent studying ( trash audits) to make an informed decision.... and really, i don't see school administrators spending much money on trash audits if they are seeking more money.



    I do not think asking a tiny handful of students will give a clear indication out of the thousands or couple thousands of kids who attend the school want and whether or not the kids will actually be honest.
    so when the question is " do kids like the healthier lunches?".. the kids themselves are off limits to ask because they might not tell the truth?

    if a small random selection if kids ( which is how polls are done) isn't likely to give a clear indication on how the kids really feel.. how in the hell does asking an even smaller group of proxies (school administrators ) give a clear indication?

    the answer to the questions can only be a personal opinion... either the kids like the meals, or they do not like them....administrators are in no position to give a kids opinion on anything.

    picture this in an office environment.. the CEO say "we're gonna switch form the regular old coffee we have always provided to this healthy coffee, because it's better for you".. ok, super....then the we call for a study over whether or not the employees like the new coffee.
    who do you ask?.. the employees who drink the coffee?.. or the regional manager whom the employees rarely interact with?

    I am sure someone can do a study on the kids and divide the kids into different categories. Like kids on free lunch whose parents let them eat what ever they want, kids on free lunch whose parents do not let them eat what ever they want, kids on paid lunches whose parents let their kids eat what ever they want and kids on paid lunches whose parents do not let them eat what ever they want.And am sure they can then further divide those groups by race, sex and body size.
    there's no real need to divide up anything in to little demographics groups.. just ask the kids if they like the food or not.

    there's no reason to make this difficult... it's a simple question with 2 possible answers.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I cannot tell you how many pounds of green beans, corn and carrots I've seen that are dumped into the trash in the school cafeteria everyday.
    Are the dumped vegetables the gray canned crap they served when I was in school? That is not the same as providing good fresh vegetables.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    After being indoctrinated throughout the school year that the lunches are so much better, of course those results would be expected.
    Its not indoctrination if it is true. Its education.

  5. #135
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    it might come up, but as there will always be waste food.. and there always has been.... it would require some diligent studying ( trash audits) to make an informed decision.... and really, i don't see school administrators spending much money on trash audits if they are seeking more money. .
    Food can get expensive and if enough kids are throwing food away then it is a waste of money that could have went to something else.




    so when the question is " do kids like the healthier lunches?".. the kids themselves are off limits to ask because they might not tell the truthif a small random selection if kids ( which is how polls are done) isn't likely to give a clear indication on how the kids really feel..
    Many kids claim to not like something in order to hold out for something they would rather have. For example anytime my family goes to a Chinese restaurant one of my nieces says she hates Chinese food, but when we go there she piles her plate with all kinds of Chinese food and eats most of it. I am sure if you asked a child would you rather have ice cream or a cauliflower they will say they hate cauliflower to get the ice cream.

    how in the hell does asking an even smaller group of proxies (school administrators ) give a clear indication?
    Because they would know if the kids are eating the food.


    the answer to the questions can only be a personal opinion... either the kids like the meals, or they do not like them....administrators are in no position to give a kids opinion on anything.
    They are in a position to know if the kids are eating it.

    picture this in an office environment.. the CEO say "we're gonna switch form the regular old coffee we have always provided to this healthy coffee, because it's better for you".. ok, super....then the we call for a study over whether or not the employees like the new coffee.
    who do you ask?.. the employees who drink the coffee?.. or the regional manager whom the employees rarely interact with?
    I think the regional manager would know if that coffee they are buying is being used.

    there's no real need to divide up anything in to little demographics groups.. just ask the kids if they like the food or not.
    there's no reason to make this difficult... it's a simple question with 2 possible answers
    Kids whose parents let them eat what ever they are want are most likely not going to eat the healthier food.Kids whose parents do not let their kids eat what ever they want will most likely eat what ever is offered.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Food can get expensive and if enough kids are throwing food away then it is a waste of money that could have went to something else.






    Many kids claim to not like something in order to hold out for something they would rather have. For example anytime my family goes to a Chinese restaurant one of my nieces says she hates Chinese food, but when we go there she piles her plate with all kinds of Chinese food and eats most of it. I am sure if you asked a child would you rather have ice cream or a cauliflower they will say they hate cauliflower to get the ice cream.



    Because they would know if the kids are eating the food.




    They are in a position to know if the kids are eating it.



    I think the regional manager would know if that coffee they are buying is being used.



    Kids whose parents let them eat what ever they are want are most likely not going to eat the healthier food.Kids whose parents do not let their kids eat what ever they want will most likely eat what ever is offered.
    the question is not " are the kids eating their lunch?" or "would you rather eat something else?"

    the question the study is about is whether the kids like the meals... or "find them agreeable"

    why on earth you have such a problem asking the kids of they actually like their meals is waaay beyond me... but they are the only ones that know the correct answer.

    I don't have a dog in this particular hunt, so i really don't care what you feed them or if they eat it... what i'm saying is that it's best to go to the horses mouth if you want it's answer... asking anyone else is stupid.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Administrators from Chicago area schools state that their students like Mo'bamas offerings. I. AM. SHOCKED!!!
    What an Obama plot! How dare anyone support heathly food! The bastards!


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #138
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Healthier?
    See above Pic.


    Indoctrination is not a Government's job.
    Or would you prefer that the Gov indoctrinate everybody to socialist ideals? Or how about liberal ideals?
    Or maybe you want Gov to indoctrinate to Conservative ideals?


    So again, we need less Gov control and less Gov influence.
    Teaching what foods are healthy and what foods are not is not even remotely comparable to "indoctrination." Your point of view on this issue is utterly absurd.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #139
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    The government indoctrinated me to think 2+2=4 and that the earth is spherical.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #140
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Study Finds Elementary Students Like New Healthier Lunches

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What an Obama plot! How dare anyone support heathly food! The bastards!

    Taht no one wants.

    So...you are full on board with the idea that we should replace ALL food stamps and government subsistence with the Mo'bama prepackaged food plans, right?

Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •