Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 121

Thread: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

  1. #61
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not to mention Medicare patients are busy looking for doctors that will take them.
    More doctors accept Medicare than ever before
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #62
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,694

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Oh, yes. I forgot about this Chicken Little meme.

    Report: More doctors accepting Medicare patients

    I think its something like 96% of physicians take Medicare, and the ones who dont generally dont take ANY insurance.


    How about the long lines outside doctors offices because too many people will want to see doctors? That was funny too.

    These stories are almost as good as how premiums will skyrocket (NEXT year, natch) and the program that is designed to make insurance more accessible will make people lose their insurance. And the funny thing is, some people fall for it year after year!

    You do like to pull all of your statistics from pre-ACA years, don't you?

    USA Today doesn't report the whole store between 2010 and 2012 (shocker!)

    WSJ in that same period reported on the story a bit more in depth.

    Doctors participating in Medicare dropped 3% in those two years, and a 3% decrease in Medicare Non-Par physicians, totally a 6% drop in Physicians participation rate.

    Also interesting is the recent report of Medicare spending in 2012.

    It clearly shows that about 75% of the doctors who participate were paid, on average, about $30,000/doctor. About enough to pay for the employee managing the Medicare claims.

    And that was before ACA slashed payouts.

    So let's reconvene when the next survey comes out. Shall we?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #63
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Ask the CBO.

    I'd guess its retrospective adjustments on GDP estimates.
    Maybe the problem is that the graph didn't come from the CBO.

    The CBO report for 2014, however, assumes a 24% cut to Medicare reimbursement rates in 2015 will go into effect. That alone explains the difference between the two estimates.

  4. #64
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    You do like to pull all of your statistics from pre-ACA years, don't you?

    USA Today doesn't report the whole store between 2010 and 2012 (shocker!)

    WSJ in that same period reported on the story a bit more in depth.

    Doctors participating in Medicare dropped 3% in those two years, and a 3% decrease in Medicare Non-Par physicians, totally a 6% drop in Physicians participation rate.

    Also interesting is the recent report of Medicare spending in 2012.

    It clearly shows that about 75% of the doctors who participate were paid, on average, about $30,000/doctor. About enough to pay for the employee managing the Medicare claims.

    And that was before ACA slashed payouts.

    So let's reconvene when the next survey comes out. Shall we?
    First, you should link to an article that doesn't require a subscription

    Secondly, the number of doctors who accept Medicare has increased and is at a record high. More than 90% accept Medicare

    Thirdly, Medicare reimbursements to proiders have increased, not decreased

    And finally, doctors do not have a separate clerk to handle medicare claims. Their billing clerks handle all their claims.

    PS - The page you link to in your 2nd link doesn't say the things you claim it says

    Why do you lie?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #65
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Oh, and by the way, as we know from objective studies, premiums didnt skyrocket (despite the chicken little Conservative pronoucements) in 2014.

    And despite the Chicken Little pronouncements that there was a delay in the increases (at DP, this is often done in the same thread... the skyrocket changes into next years skyrocket, mysteriously), and we will see those increases NEXT year... it looks like the CBO says thats pretty doubtful.

    Smaller premium hikes forecast in 2015 for Obamacare - Jennifer Haberkorn and Brett Norman - POLITICO.com



    And they also say:
    More playing with statistics. They say things like "Ninety percent of office-based physicians accept new Medicare patients". Of course when you look at the reality on the ground, those physicians that don't accept new Medicare patients just don't meet their arcane definition of "office-based physicians". It's an old trick. Good to see you falling for it.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Let me tell you about the ideological brick wall.

    Last year, all we heard from conservatives would be how the ACA will lead to 'skyrocketing' costs, 'skyrocketing' premiums, massive loss of coverage (still a nutty concept), etc etc etc.

    Come November, I remember being concerned about reenrolling in my same Heath plan. Would it change dramatically? Would it get unaffordable?

    Nope. Mostly the same plan. Lower increase than usual. I heard the same story from friends who own companies, and friends who work for forms both large and small. A big nothingburger.

    But guys like you are still seeing skyrockets.

    You can only cry wolf so many times before losing credibility. The GOP lost me in about 2002. I think there are a long line of refugees behind me.
    Maybe that's because the mandate for large corporations doesn't go into effect until 1/1/15, or even later for smaller corporations.....that is if Obama doesn't delay it again.

  7. #67
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,621

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Maybe that's because the mandate for large corporations doesn't go into effect until 1/1/15, or even later for smaller corporations.....that is if Obama doesn't delay it again.
    oh yes. The mandate. That keeps getting held over our heads... because that will do.... something.

    Chicken Little, mandate version. Coming to a midterm election to you soon (after the skyrocketing premium meme craps out)!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    oh yes. The mandate. That keeps getting held over our heads... because that will do.... something.

    Chicken Little, mandate version. Coming to a midterm election to you soon (after the skyrocketing premium meme craps out)!
    Come back when you're ready to deal with reality.

  9. #69
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,621

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    More playing with statistics. They say things like "Ninety percent of office-based physicians accept new Medicare patients". Of course when you look at the reality on the ground, those physicians that don't accept new Medicare patients just don't meet their arcane definition of "office-based physicians". It's an old trick. Good to see you falling for it.
    Well, no. Many physicians are not based in offices, like ER docs, Hospitalists, etc. And they dont take any insurance because they work for institutions that actually all take Medicare.

    But thanks for playing.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #70
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,621

    Re: Budget Office Lowers Its Estimate on Federal Spending for Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Come back when you're ready to deal with reality.
    You mean the reality that the ACA will destroy our healthcare?

    The one we heard in 2009, 2010, 2011,2012,2013, and are hearing right now?

    And virtully every single doomsday prediction we heard turned out to be... a little bump, if it existed at all?

    I have a feeling that you are just waiting for reality because its RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! BOO!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •