Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 873

Thread: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

  1. #701
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Robert Parry is highly respected. He's worked the beats at Newsweek, Bloomberg, PBS, AP and NY Times.
    Highly respected by whom? Certainly his biased coverage didn't earn *my* respect. Could he be a "has been" who can no longer get employment at Newsweek, Bloomberg, PBS, AP, and NY Times and is now a disgruntled blogger who keeps whining and bashing the mainstream media? Because that's the tone of the blog articles by him I've read in your links.

  2. #702
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    How can I maintain an open mind *about a video* that says in its title what I mentioned in the edit to the last part of my post above? We may have crossed messages. Please re-read the last part starting with "you want more proof?" where I addressed the title of the video. It is CLEARLY biased to give the impression that it's been established that Ukrainians shot down MH17.

    Now, do I know whether or not Ukrainians or pro-Russian separatists shot down the plane? No.

    But I wouldn't let a CLEARLY BIASED AND DISHONEST video be my guide.

    See the difference?
    Don't jump the gun.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #703
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    Highly respected by whom? Certainly his biased coverage didn't earn *my* respect. Could he be a "has been" who can no longer get employment at Newsweek, Bloomberg, PBS, AP, and NY Times and is now a disgruntled blogger who keeps whining and bashing the mainstream media? Because that's the tone of the blog articles by him I've read in your links.
    1st... you haven't read him in ANY of my links.

    2nd.. He left each of those places on his own accord and if he wanted to work in the MSM today, he'd be hired in a heart beat. He's an old school journo who doesn't fluff stories and actually investigates. He was at the forefront of starting emags and enews. He hits both sides of the political spectrum as seen here. Where he bashed Libertarianism/Tea Party. Even calling out 9/11 Truthers.

    He ranks up there with Edward R. Murrow, Veronica Guerin and Anna Politikovskaya.


    His tone is that of a MSM that has long stopped questioning talking points. You may not like it because it doesn't fix your narrative of how "Evil" Russia is. Parry goes for the facts and doesn't pull punches. If Journalism in the MSM was like that today.. MSNBC wouldn't be kow towing to the left, Fox News wouldn't be kow towing to the right and CNN wouldn't be spending 24 hours a day talking about a celebrity.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  4. #704
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    1st... you haven't read him in ANY of my links.

    2nd.. He left each of those places on his own accord and if he wanted to work in the MSM today, he'd be hired in a heart beat. He's an old school journo who doesn't fluff stories and actually investigates. He was at the forefront of starting emags and enews. He hits both sides of the political spectrum as seen here. Where he bashed Libertarianism/Tea Party. Even calling out 9/11 Truthers.

    He ranks up there with Edward R. Murrow, Veronica Guerin and Anna Politikovskaya.


    His tone is that of a MSM that has long stopped questioning talking points. You may not like it because it doesn't fix your narrative of how "Evil" Russia is. Parry goes for the facts and doesn't pull punches. If Journalism in the MSM was like that today.. MSNBC wouldn't be kow towing to the left, Fox News wouldn't be kow towing to the right and CNN wouldn't be spending 24 hours a day talking about a celebrity.
    I meant Lord of Planar's links.
    You may have a point. Indeed current MSM journalism in the US is a joke - both sides of the spectrum.

    Back to the matter at hand, I wonder what the rebels have to hide:

    'Industrial scale' tampering of evidence at MH17 site: Australia

    Interesting; the Australian prime minister is actually a right wing guy who up to recently was a Putin sympathizer... Now he talks of a cover-up and tampering with evidence.

  5. #705
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

    I think Putin is guilty. Ukraine seems to have damning evidence.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #706
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Ah another avid viewer of Faux News. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Even my dog knows that the world was revolted by the dunce cowboy, and all the wars he got us into -- not to mention the economy his administration tanked -- that effected the rest of the world.
    First let me say I do not watch Fox News. But let's be honest here, the left has CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, NPR and there is more! So to see people pissed that there is ONE opposing view in the media is laughable at best.

  7. #707
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    I meant Lord of Planar's links.
    You may have a point. Indeed current MSM journalism in the US is a joke - both sides of the spectrum.

    Back to the matter at hand, I wonder what the rebels have to hide:

    'Industrial scale' tampering of evidence at MH17 site: Australia

    Interesting; the Australian prime minister is actually a right wing guy who up to recently was a Putin sympathizer... Now he talks of a cover-up and tampering with evidence.
    Tony Abbot is not right wing in world sense. Maybe in Australia but in the US or Europe they'd be pretty middle of the road. And he didn't sympathize with Putin at all.

    Of course the Aussie PM is gonna tow that line. He's facing pressure at home because 27 Aussies were on board. So he's gonna tow the political line to bash someone now instead of waiting for the evidence. You notice the rest of the world where they aren't directly involved have held their tongue and are waiting for the evidence? That's the key. Evidence and there is very actual evidence from the West, days after.. no release of US imagines.. while Russia has.

    So PM Abbot can be a blowhard saying "tampering" of evidence but others were demanding bodies be taken care of.. Rebels did that.. now they are accused of tampering. Rebels hand over the black boxes to the owners but are accused of hiding them. Rebels are accused for putting out a fire so that's tampering.

    What the **** does the West want them to do? They did everything asked of them. Yet they are accused of tampering. So they are damned if they do damned if they don't. Personally if it was me.. I wouldn't allow Western Media access and say the only you are getting to the site is if Ukraine takes it back. Wonder how well that wouldn't have gone down...
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  8. #708
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I think Putin is guilty. Ukraine seems to have damning evidence.
    Huh? Damning evidence.. please show cause this is news. Btw, Russia released all their information yesterday.. might want to read up on it.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  9. #709
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Ah another avid viewer of Faux News. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Even my dog knows that the world was revolted by the dunce cowboy, and all the wars he got us into -- not to mention the economy his administration tanked -- that effected the rest of the world.
    Ah another new ager using a crystal ball to describe others.

    I never watch fox little one and just because you are wrong about your views ( and you are ) does not mean those correcting you are fox news fans.

    Your generalizations about US standing under Bush are exactly that: generalizations with little accuracy.

    Even still it is irrelevant how the US was viewed under bush it is worse now and that is fact.

  10. #710
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Huh? Damning evidence.. please show cause this is news. Btw, Russia released all their information yesterday.. might want to read up on it.
    Yeah Russia has also released some consipracy news as well. Including one story that the people were "Already Dead" and they were placed on the airplane to be shot down. I mean let's not pretend Russia doesn't have one hell of a spin machine either.

Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •