Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 873

Thread: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

  1. #661
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    189 from the Netherlands
    44 from Malaysia
    27 from Australia
    12 from Indonesia
    9 from the United Kingdom
    4 from Belgium
    4 from Germany
    3 from the Philippines
    1 from Canada
    1 from New Zealand

    of 4 passengers there nationality has not been verified.
    The Netherlands are going to issue a declaration of war?



  2. #662
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    One has to ask.

    Why is the US reluctant to show their data...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    One has to ask.

    Why is the US reluctant to show their data...
    Because they are using social media, youtube videos which have no identifiers and Kiev. When you have no identifiers such as a sign that says location, or buildings that can easily be identified.. hell even topography.. you know it's bull****.

    On top of that Kiev intel services (SBU) must be the best in the world cause apparently they have tapped the phones or have signals dialed in to listen to anybody and everybody in Ukraine Yet Ukraine can't figure out how to crush the separatist, their movements or when they are gonna attack a Ukrainian column despite trying for the last 4 months. So it's pretty obvious, Ukraine has no capability other then fake conversations.

    But if you believe Ukraine has the ability to listen in for this to be possible one has to accept that Russia isn't helping the Separatist cause if Russia was helping Separatist, first thing Russia would have provided in secure communication.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  3. #663
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The Netherlands are going to issue a declaration of war?
    With what Army? Maybe they'll Tulip them to death.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  4. #664
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,258

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    With what Army? Maybe they'll Tulip them to death.

  5. #665
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    With what Army? Maybe they'll Tulip them to death.
    speed skater elite shock forces.



  6. #666
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,861

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The Netherlands are going to issue a declaration of war?
    More like a declaration of 'stop, and don't do it again.....'.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #667
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I didn't say it was proof, nor did the video.
    Are you being intellectually dishonest?
    OK, so *you* post a video, *you* make the above statement, and I'm the one being dishonest, huh? You may have an interest in going back to the video *you* posted, and listening to what is said between 3'46" and 3'49".

    Let's post it again. Go to the point I'm mentioning.



    Come again? The video doesn't say it was proof?

    Care to reconsider who is being dishonest here, between the two of us?

    I think you owe me an apology, good sir.

  8. #668
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,258

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    OK, so *you* post a video, *you* make the above statement, and I'm the one being dishonest, huh? You may have an interest in going back to the video *you* posted, and listening to what is said between 3'46" and 3'49".

    Let's post it again. Go to the point I'm mentioning.



    Come again? The video doesn't say it was proof?

    Care to reconsider who is being dishonest here, between the two of us?

    I think you owe me an apology, good sir.
    My God...

    Seriously?

    You don't understand?

    Seriously?

    The "fact" that they "looked like?"

    It's not saying they were factually Ukrainian.

    It's saying it looks like they were wearing Ukrainian uniforms. Not only is this subjective from satellite imagery, but to me, what would be important, is where the actual location is that was spotted. They don't say.

  9. #669
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    07-30-14 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    206

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Do you know what NOTAM is?

    The only people at fault for this are the ones that launched the rocket, and the government behind it. No, they don't have to fly that corridor, but when they do, they burn less fuel and fly less. Time is money. And every single airliner that was flying above 32000 feet was flying by the rules.
    I have no clue what NOTAM is.

    If the airline was following the rules as you say then whomever establishes said rules is at fault. Saving fuel/time at the risk of passengers lives should never be an option. I understand the potential risks that are tied to flying but to fly over a known war zone is simply idiotic. No matter what you say about rules the simple fact is had the airline not put those people in harms way they would be alive right now, or are you arguing otherwise?

  10. #670
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    My God...

    Seriously?

    You don't understand?

    Seriously?

    The "fact" that they "looked like?"

    It's not saying they were factually Ukrainian.

    It's saying it looks like they were wearing Ukrainian uniforms. Not only is this subjective from satellite imagery, but to me, what would be important, is where the actual location is that was spotted. They don't say.
    No, you are being the blind one here. I wonder if you do it in purpose. I hope not, or else my respect for you would have to appeal to my electronic microscope analogy above.

    This whole edifice that this biased narrator is trying to conctruct is, first, based on some unknown source (great!). Then, the source says that *initially* "in all likelihood" it seemed like these were Ukrainian soldiers, then rapidly it gets changed to "they could also be Eastern Ukrainians dressed in similar uniforms." This very important point is then tossed aside and never repeated, while the narrator insists over and over in a very repetitious and hammering way with the "in all likelihood" line and then even briefly switches to tossing around that the evidence that supposedly the Americans have (according to, mind you, one unknown, never named source) "proves this fact" and then the narrator keeps repeating over and over, in dramatic tones of voice, that they were Ukrainian soldiers. Whoa! Where is the "they could be Eastern Ukrainians in similar uniforms"???

    Are you this dense? You don't see the bias? The attempt to make of a hypothetical, rapidly dismissed by its own source (unnamed, vague) as the people who *initially* were thought to be *in all likelihood* Ukrainians, a hypothetical that then gets changed to *or maybe Eastern Ukrainians in similar uniforms* (these people all have similar military attire, not so easy to distinguish from satellite imagery), a *proven fact* that these are Ukrainian soldiers - wait, did the satellite imagery look into their pockets and found Ukrainian passports and IDs there???

    Dear, the progression of the phrases, the pauses, the emphasis, the repetition... intend to make the listener forget about the "small detail" that the source merely said that these people could be Ukrainian soldiers, or Eastern Ukrainian activists, all in similar uniforms... and only remember the dense, heavy words "in all likelihood... proof... fact... Urkainian soldiers."

    If we needed a clear example of intellectual dishonesty, this one wouldn't do... because it is TOO clear.

    Like I said, your video clip is UTTER RUBBISH and its intellectual dishonesty (tossing around words like "proof" and "fact" and insisting over and over with what was only an initial *impression* rapidly reversed, as if it were established) is in tune with that of your leader Ron Paul.

    You need any more proof? Look at the clip's title: "Whistleblower: Ukrainian troops shot down MH17"

    Whoa! A more accurate title would have been: "Former whistleblower journalist for the Iran-Contra scandal claims to have an unnamed source who said soldiers seen in satellite imagery related to MH17 might either be Ukrainians or Eastern Ukrainians in similar uniforms."

    How did this get changed to the *affirmation* "Ukrainian troops shot down MH17" ???? And see, even the dramatic "whistleblower" line... the journalist was a whistleblower for a totally different matter - the way it is said, it sounds like he's a whistleblower for this current matter. Wow.

    Are you still sustaining that this is not dishonest????
    Last edited by GreatNews2night; 07-22-14 at 12:05 AM.

Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •