Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 873

Thread: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine [/71]

  1. #291
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,387

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wait, you're surprised the sanctions didn't work?

    23 Americans are dead. I'd say that's our problem.
    The sanctions ARE working at hurting the Russian economy and have just gotten tougher.

    WESTERN measures against Russia—asset freezes and visa restrictions aimed at people and firms close to Vladimir Putin—may be pinpricks, but the crisis in Ukraine has already taken its toll on Russia’s economy and financial markets. Capital flight in the first three months of 2014 is thought to exceed $60 billion. The stockmarket is down by 20% since the start of the year and the rouble has dropped by 8% against the dollar. Worries about the devaluation feeding through to consumer prices have prompted the central bank to yank up interest rates, from 5.5% at the start of March to 7.5%. The IMF reckons the economy is in recession; this week it cut its growth forecast for 2014 from 1.3% to 0.2%.
    Russia

  2. #292
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The sanctions ARE working at hurting the Russian economy and have just gotten tougher.

    Russia
    Most importantly, the sanctions are hurting Putin's billionaire friends, and they don't like that.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #293

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Most importantly, the sanctions are hurting Putin's billionaire friends, and they don't like that.
    Exactly. Putin may not be phased by them yet, but if his friends get pissed, he'll be facing pressure from the one place that matters most: his rich supporters.

  4. #294
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    CNN translated a cell phone call that went something like,


    "There is a plane, let's shoot it down."

    "That is not a military plane. It is passenger jet"

    "So there are a lot of people on board?"

    The Separatists posted they had shot a plane down, at the time of the explosion, but took twitter posting down, after a short time.


    It was not an accident. The separatists who decided to shoot down MH 17, knew there were a lot of people on board, and intended to get World attention by shooting down an air liner. Now Russia has a PR problem. Lie and blame others, is the usual, universal political strategy.
    LOL.. CNN didn't translate ****. It was a "supposed" phone call by two people the Ukrainian Government says are separatist. There is no way to prove those voices are separatist or even real people. And bit weird when the video that you are using as proof, was posted on line on July 16th, one full day before the actually downing. So who knows.. One has to be careful when saying Separatists posted anything. Lot of copycats using names of Separatist leaders who are known to the public and making claims. So take that with a grain of salt.

    I am not saying Russia couldn't have done it. I am saying it's virtually impossible for Separatist to do it.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  5. #295
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    LOL.. CNN didn't translate ****. It was a "supposed" phone call by two people the Ukrainian Government says are separatist. There is no way to prove those voices are separatist or even real people. And bit weird when the video that you are using as proof, was posted on line on July 16th, one full day before the actually downing. So who knows.. One has to be careful when saying Separatists posted anything. Lot of copycats using names of Separatist leaders who are known to the public and making claims. So take that with a grain of salt.

    I am not saying Russia couldn't have done it. I am saying it's virtually impossible for Separatist to do it.
    Unless they have covert Russian assistance, which we know they've been doing since this crisis began.

  6. #296
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    And you would be wrong. But then, you've been continuously wrong about Ukraine, so why should this incident be any different.
    Ukrainian Government coup which lead to. Petro Poroshenko.. who has been a CIA asset since 2006. Nothing happening there right? But eh.. not like Ukraine isn't recruiting foreign fighters, right?

    It was a US and EU coup. To say otherwise ignores realities on the ground. Azvov Battalion is foreign fighters who are NAZIs and don't hide it.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  7. #297
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Unless they have covert Russian assistance, which we know they've been doing since this crisis began.
    Russian assistance hasn't been that covert. That border is the most watched border in the world right now. If Separatist used a BUK for this.. it wasn't given to them by Russia as Russia would have no Plausible deniability. Russia isn't retarded and has done covert assistance before. They know not to give weapons that are highly improbable to get. That means Russia didn't give them BUKs. But rather MANPADs and MANPADs can't reach that height.

    It's no different then US giving covert arms to Syrian rebels or Iranian paramilitary units.. you give them weapons that are widely used. That means small arms, RGPs, MANPADs, and Humanitarian aid.

    Now.. could it have been a captured Ukrainian Buk, absolutely.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  8. #298
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Every party involved in this would have an interest in manipulating the black box data.
    Except Russia.

    The reason is not only because they poses the box and thus would not manipulate it, but because Russia would never use the opportunity to demonize Ukraine. It is just not how Russia operates. It just promotes the "truth" not propaganda aimed at invading and annexing foreign territories!
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  9. #299
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Except Russia.

    The reason is not only because they poses the box and thus would not manipulate it, but because Russia would never use the opportunity to demonize Ukraine. It is just not how Russia operates. It just promotes the "truth" not propaganda aimed at invading and annexing foreign territories!
    I suck at this, but that's sarcasm right?

  10. #300
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Russian assistance hasn't been that covert. That border is the most watched border in the world right now. If Separatist used a BUK for this.. it wasn't given to them by Russia as Russia would have no Plausible deniability. Russia isn't retarded and has done covert assistance before. They know not to give weapons that are highly improbable to get. That means Russia didn't give them BUKs. But rather MANPADs and MANPADs can't reach that height.

    It's no different then US giving covert arms to Syrian rebels or Iranian paramilitary units.. you give them weapons that are widely used. That means small arms, RGPs, MANPADs, and Humanitarian aid.

    Now.. could it have been a captured Ukrainian Buk, absolutely.
    I wouldn't underestimate the Russian's ability to defeat US surveillance. In any event, I meant more the fact that it's not in the public eye more so than the US Intelligence not knowing about it. And there is a big difference between us supporting moderates in the middle east in a conflict we didn't start, and Russia instigating this current crisis.

Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •