Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 152

Thread: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

  1. #121
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Hey, if I had my choice, Saddam would still be in power in Iraq. But that has nothing to do with this situation. The Egyptians didn't just want out from under Mubarak's rule, they wanted Democracy to have a voice and say in what their government will be. Well they got their voice, and they chose radicals to head their government. We'd be better off with Mubarak in charge.
    That didn't even come close to what I was saying about they "why." Neither have you attempted to broach the topic of why they vote they way they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Let that "top Marine" run for the Office of Commander-in-Chief, then he'll get to make those decisions. Until then, his job is to do what he's told and stay out of politics. He doesn't know all the facts, anyway, OR have the same interests as everyone else in the country. He has a singular interest which doesn't take into account what's best for others. Sounds like he's chomping at the bits to get into the fight, is all.
    If this incompetent stumble bum president starts listening to his senior officers instead of firing them we would be in a lot better shape.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Let that "top Marine" run for the Office of Commander-in-Chief, then he'll get to make those decisions. Until then, his job is to do what he's told and stay out of politics. He doesn't know all the facts, anyway, OR have the same interests as everyone else in the country. He has a singular interest which doesn't take into account what's best for others. Sounds like he's chomping at the bits to get into the fight, is all.
    he has some of the "facts" that make up the big picture.

    competent civilian leadership consists of input form those in tune with their own areas of influence...weighing those concerns against all the others, and then deciding on a course of action.
    competent leadership is not " stfu and do what I tell you"

    I guarantee Amos knows more about what's going on in Iraq than Obama or his progressive cronies (the nature of his past commands requires extensive knowledge on operational theaters.).....I do not like the General or agree with his opinion ( partly), but he's a solid performer.

    he is correct in saying that we should have been present to work with Iraqi leadership these past years.
    not only do we share a certain responsibility for stabilizing that particular country, we're one of the few that actually can.
    where i disagree in is deploying marines to Iraq again or having a sizable military presence.... we have Obama's robotic assassins ( drones) that can provide valuable intel and ,well, dead bodies .

  4. #124
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If this incompetent stumble bum president starts listening to his senior officers instead of firing them we would be in a lot better shape.
    He did just that with regards to Syria last summer, and you didn't like that either.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #125
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    He did just that with regards to Syria last summer, and you didn't like that either.

    Horse puckey...........prove it my left wing friend.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #126
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    That didn't even come close to what I was saying about they "why." Neither have you attempted to broach the topic of why they vote they way they did.
    I believe it's because there is a lot of sympathy for the goals of these radical groups. It's true they have the better organization going in, (partly because we weren't willing to back more secular parties) but it's also true that they had a lot of support from the general population. That answer the question?

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Russia versus Obama, a laugher.
    China versus Obama, a laugher.
    We are because of democrats becoming the yellow chicken laughing stock of the world. Early withdrawal has never been a formula for success.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Russia versus Obama, a laugher.
    China versus Obama, a laugher.
    We are because of democrats becoming the yellow chicken laughing stock of the world. Early withdrawal has never been a formula for success.
    Nor has premature engagement!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #129
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Russia versus Obama, a laugher.
    China versus Obama, a laugher.
    We are because of democrats becoming the yellow chicken laughing stock of the world. Early withdrawal has never been a formula for success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Nor has premature engagement!
    Funny thing is, your both probably right. The ME overall would of been in a better situation with Saddam still in power, and Iraq would of been better off if we had kept a residual force and been an honest power broker.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Funny thing is, your both probably right. The ME overall would of been in a better situation with Saddam still in power, and Iraq would of been better off if we had kept a residual force and been an honest power broker.
    In Iraq I believe we made a mistake with our earl withdrawal....we shold have at the very least leave 10,000 troops there just like we have in South Korea and Germany.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •