Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 152

Thread: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

  1. #101
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,841

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    So Amos and other brass have always been accepting of their subordinates down the chain of command openly criticizing them in public?
    Dude...your post is either the most blatant deflection I've ever seen...or the most pathetic misunderstanding of a post I've ever seen.

    In either case, your post deserves no other comment or consideration from me.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #102
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I take your word for it.

    But there seems to be more today who say they always opposed going to war in Iraq than there was in 2003.
    Ok. But I can only speak for myself.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I'm sorry Apache, obviously we weren't here on this message board at the time, so I can't prove this to you. But its not hindsight for ME, I was a huge outspoken critic of the plans to invade Iraq at the time, and it created quite the caustic work environment at the time, opposing it earned me the label of Taliban John, anti-American, un-patriotic, Muslim lover and more. I was right.
    Having read - and admired - numerous posts of yours on this subject, I believe you.

    To be honest, I came later to the party.

    Back in 2003, I thought the salivation the GW Bush administration clearly had for invading Iraq was creepy...but I was more neutral on it otherwise.

    But I am an investor, so I was caught up in the investment side of life...but by about '06 I finally began to realize (and lose all faith in) government's ability to do the right thing.

    Ever since 9/11 I have seen one cowardly act after another by both administrations in the name of American security...Gitmo, Iraqi Freedom, rendition, propping up corrupt regimes, drone strikes, meddling in the Libyan civil war, NSA spying and so on - it's disgusting.
    Mixed in with the incredible meddling of the Fed and one massive fiscal deficit after another...I now have ZERO faith in the U.S. federal government (or any other for that matter) and I assume whatever they do MUST be wrong until I have unbiased, factual evidence to the contrary.

    I am not an anarchist...but the present system is NOT working and must be radically altered.

    The masses must stop having all faith in their elected, federal officials if America is to turn around, IMO.

    But I fear they will not until it is too late.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Having read - and admired - numerous posts of yours on this subject, I believe you.

    To be honest, I came later to the party.

    Back in 2003, I thought the salivation the GW Bush administration clearly had for invading Iraq was creepy...but I was more neutral on it otherwise.

    But I am an investor, so I was caught up in the investment side of life...but by about '06 I finally began to realize (and lose all faith in) government's ability to do the right thing.

    Ever since 9/11 I have seen one cowardly act after another by both administrations in the name of American security...Gitmo, Iraqi Freedom, rendition, propping up corrupt regimes, drone strikes, meddling in the Libyan civil war, NSA spying and so on - it's disgusting.
    Mixed in with the incredible meddling of the Fed and one massive fiscal deficit after another...I now have ZERO faith in the U.S. federal government (or any other for that matter) and I assume whatever they do MUST be wrong until I have unbiased, factual evidence to the contrary.

    I am not an anarchist...but the present system is NOT working and must be radically altered.

    The masses must stop having all faith in their elected, federal officials if America is to turn around, IMO.

    But I fear they will not until it is too late.
    I concur with you on that! And have the same desperate hope.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    You are partially correct in that assessment. Left to their own devices, then you would be correct in saying that it is up to them. However, Iraq was a functioning democracy while we were there because we ensured that the Sunnis wouldn't get cut out of the government. That's why these democracies that have cropped up of late keep biting us in the ass when these people keep electing radicals that want to kill everyone.
    Radicals who want to kill everyone don't necessarily campaign that way. We can see that in our own governments.

  6. #106
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Radicals who want to kill everyone don't necessarily campaign that way. We can see that in our own governments.
    Are you really comparing going to compare people who cut other people's heads off to ANYTHING in American politics? Regardless, it's not like these organizations hide who they are and they don't need too. Everyone knew what groups like the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas were all about. They just didn't care.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Are you really comparing going to compare people who cut other people's heads off to ANYTHING in American politics? Regardless, it's not like these organizations hide who they are and they don't need too. Everyone knew what groups like the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas were all about. They just didn't care.
    I never mentioned head lobbing. What I am saying is that candidates will lie as to their real intentions. I assumed that was something with which we could all identify.

    And everyone didn't know what the Muslim Brotherhood was all about.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/23/op...hood.html?_r=0

    Or did they?
    Obama, Muslim Brotherhood, and Mideast Chaos: Presidential Study Directive 11

  8. #108
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I never mentioned head lobbing. What I am saying is that candidates will lie as to their real intentions. I assumed that was something with which we could all identify.

    And everyone didn't know what the Muslim Brotherhood was all about.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/23/op...hood.html?_r=0

    Or did they?
    Obama, Muslim Brotherhood, and Mideast Chaos: Presidential Study Directive 11
    When our politicians lie, they just go and past stupid laws ... or don't do anything at all. When their politicians lie, people get killed in brutal fashion. But I suppose that yes, at it's core, politicians do lie. Though, I suspect many in the middle east know just what the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas was all about, and sympathized with them.

  9. #109
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,876

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Oh malarkey! They wanted this change. Do these people look scared to you:

    Of course people want out from under a dictator but this isn't a black and white situation which you seem to be putting out there. Dictators are oppressive but can create an overall stable respite in a relatively unstable region. Saddam did that for Iraq. Tito did it in Yugoslavia. Nobody wants to be under a dictator but that doesn't mean people want to be in anarchy... especially religious nutjobs fighting in your front yard anarchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Top Marine to Obama: Get in the Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Of course people want out from under a dictator but this isn't a black and white situation which you seem to be putting out there. Dictators are oppressive but can create an overall stable respite in a relatively unstable region. Saddam did that for Iraq. Tito did it in Yugoslavia. Nobody wants to be under a dictator but that doesn't mean people want to be in anarchy... especially religious nutjobs fighting in your front yard anarchy.
    I sure wish more people saw it that way. Somebody will accuse you of supporting dictators though! That's only allowed by the US government.

    Over the last century, the United States government has often provided, and continues to provide today, financial assistance, arms, and technical support to numerous authoritarian regimes across the world. A variety of reasons have been provided to justify the apparent contradictions between support for dictators and the democratic ideals expressed in the American constitution.[1

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite...tarian_regimes
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •