Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 184

Thread: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

  1. #81
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Show me some science on that. People used to put wiskey in the mouths of teething babies. I don't recall a medicinal use for meth.
    What part of 'may be' did you not understand?

    How about you show me that one hit of meth harms a baby?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    What evidence? She is a meth head worthless scumbag. The other person said "glass of wine". One is legal, one is not.
    Legal has nothing to do with it, that's ridiculous.

    She'd be just as much of a loser if she was abusing prescription drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Legal has nothing to do with it, that's ridiculous.

    She'd be just as much of a loser if she was abusing prescription drugs.
    So you equate "a glass of wine" to hits of meth.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What part of 'may be' did you not understand?

    How about you show me that one hit of meth harms a baby?
    Really? You must not know much about meth.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Alright. I should have let your original comment slide. There isn't actually any evidence reported so far to indicate how often the woman used meth. We know she did it at least once near the end of her pregnancy because some amount of meth was detected in the newborn, but that's all that's been reported.

    From that you 'went to extremes to make a point' and made the outrageous suggestion that she be charged with attempted manslaughter. It was over the top and I should have just let it slide because you must assume she abused meth regularly and AND that drug use harmed the newborn. If you meant ANY use of an illegal drug, then you have to support similar penalties for women who drink AT ALL during pregnancy.
    Never met a meth user that is a one time user. And someone so into it that they are willing to use in the last part of her pregnancy is certainly not a one time user.

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,844

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Never met a meth user that is a one time user. And someone so into it that they are willing to use in the last part of her pregnancy is certainly not a one time user.
    Like I said, you assumed long term abuse during the pregnancy. But I do apologize for going to an extreme to make a point after you went to an extreme to make a point.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Like I said, you assumed long term abuse during the pregnancy. But I do apologize for going to an extreme to make a point after you went to an extreme to make a point.
    I have gone to no extremes. There was a comparison of "a glass of wine" to meth use. Big difference.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,844

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I have gone to no extremes. There was a comparison of "a glass of wine" to meth use. Big difference.
    No, you just suggested based on no evidence of long term use or damage to the infant (you assumed these things into the evidence) that she be charged with attempted manslaughter, which is totally NOT extreme at all....

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    No, you just suggested based on no evidence of long term use or damage to the infant (you assumed these things into the evidence) that she be charged with attempted manslaughter, which is totally NOT extreme at all....
    My "assumption" in your opinion is based on real world experience with drug addicts and seeing more than one mother with a needle in her arm and a bun in the oven.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So you equate "a glass of wine" to hits of meth.
    What part of 'may be' did you not understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •