Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 184

Thread: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Where's the line?
    Clearly a glass of wine and a hit of meth are so widely different that the line is surely in there somewhere.

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Clearly a glass of wine and a hit of meth are so widely different that the line is surely in there somewhere.
    I don't think the evidence supports that. They're both potentially very dangerous, and the danger escalates with frequency of use.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Clearly a glass of wine and a hit of meth are so widely different that the line is surely in there somewhere.
    I dont know much about meth but a GLASS of wine and a HIT of meth may be comparable.

    We are talking about abuse, not a glass or a hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I dont know much about meth but a GLASS of wine and a HIT of meth may be comparable.

    We are talking about abuse, not a glass or a hit.
    Show me some science on that. People used to put wiskey in the mouths of teething babies. I don't recall a medicinal use for meth.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I don't think the evidence supports that. They're both potentially very dangerous, and the danger escalates with frequency of use.
    What evidence? She is a meth head worthless scumbag. The other person said "glass of wine". One is legal, one is not.

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    What evidence? She is a meth head worthless scumbag. The other person said "glass of wine". One is legal, one is not.
    Legal means not-harmful?

    BTW, 'meth head worthless scumbag'..... Yep, I can see this discussion is going to be productive.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Legal means not-harmful?

    BTW, 'meth head worthless scumbag'..... Yep, I can see this discussion is going to be productive.
    What kind of person ingests meth while pregnant? Fine upstanding, responsible mother to be?

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    What kind of person ingests meth while pregnant? Fine upstanding, responsible mother to be?
    The same kind of person who drinks and gets drunk.

    I'm not excusing drug use while pregnant - just pointing out the legal drug alcohol is just as risky. If you want to charge a meth head with manslaughter, fine. Levy the same charges on drinkers and we'll be on the same page. I think it's stupid and counter productive, but at least then you'll be consistently wrong IMO.

    Sheesh, I'm not even opposed to the law. I found out what I suspected, which is the charges are a misdemeanor and the woman has the option under the law to enter treatment in lieu of jail.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The same kind of person who drinks and gets drunk.

    I'm not excusing drug use while pregnant - just pointing out the legal drug alcohol is just as risky. If you want to charge a meth head with manslaughter, fine. Levy the same charges on drinkers and we'll be on the same page. I think it's stupid and counter productive, but at least then you'll be consistently wrong IMO.

    Sheesh, I'm not even opposed to the law. I found out what I suspected, which is the charges are a misdemeanor and the woman has the option under the law to enter treatment in lieu of jail.
    Pump the brakes, the comment was "glass of wine". Don't go to extremes to make a point.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Pump the brakes, the comment was "glass of wine". Don't go to extremes to make a point.
    Alright. I should have let your original comment slide. There isn't actually any evidence reported so far to indicate how often the woman used meth. We know she did it at least once near the end of her pregnancy because some amount of meth was detected in the newborn, but that's all that's been reported.

    From that you 'went to extremes to make a point' and made the outrageous suggestion that she be charged with attempted manslaughter. It was over the top and I should have just let it slide because you must assume she abused meth regularly and AND that drug use harmed the newborn. If you meant ANY use of an illegal drug, then you have to support similar penalties for women who drink AT ALL during pregnancy.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •