Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 184

Thread: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

  1. #131
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    What kind of person judges another without knowing everything about them?
    Tests showed she smoked meth a couple of days before she gave birth...what more do we need to know in this case?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #132
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    What kind of person judges another without knowing everything about them?
    Someone who knows what they did was wrong.

    I don't care what color her second grade teacher's hair was.

  3. #133
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    It's clear in such threads that people:

    Tend to judge situations without ever having experienced anything similar in their life.
    Have no concept of drug addiction and how much of a challenge it is.
    Have no concept of pregnancy and how much of a challenge it is.

    I can go on - but you get the idea. These types of threads brings out the most basal ignorance. People just don't get the human body and human nature and how one doesn't necessarily permit you to override the other 'just cause you want to'.

    I dare say: the strength of a drug addiction is far stronger than any sort of parental bond or obligation any normal person would feel.

    I further dare to say: the way in which an extreme drug addict senses that bond or obligation is skewed as the body shuts off attachment and awareness of most things that would pit the individual against the substance it craves so dearly.

    In essence: drugs destroy your willpower and your ability to control yourself.

    I thought this was logical common sense seeing how often people murder, lie, steal, and commit heinous acts including letting their selves be physically abused at the hands of sadists JUST for their next fix.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    What kind of person judges another without knowing everything about them?
    Did you not read the little bio I put up about the woman in question?

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    It's clear in such threads that people:

    Tend to judge situations without ever having experienced anything similar in their life.
    Have no concept of drug addiction and how much of a challenge it is.
    Have no concept of pregnancy and how much of a challenge it is.

    I can go on - but you get the idea. These types of threads brings out the most basal ignorance. People just don't get the human body and human nature and how one doesn't necessarily permit you to override the other 'just cause you want to'.

    I dare say: the strength of a drug addiction is far stronger than any sort of parental bond or obligation any normal person would feel.

    I further dare to say: the way in which an extreme drug addict senses that bond or obligation is skewed as the body shuts off attachment and awareness of most things that would pit the individual against the substance it craves so dearly.

    In essence: drugs destroy your willpower and your ability to control yourself.

    I thought this was logical common sense seeing how often people murder, lie, steal, and commit heinous acts including letting their selves be physically abused at the hands of sadists JUST for their next fix.
    I gave you my experience. As usual no one wants to believe anyone has been there done that or seen that first hand.
    Ask any beat cop or patrol officer. Go on a ride along and raid a "shooting gallery". You will eventually find some strung out POS with a bun in the oven and a needle in her arm. Many times with other kids with them.
    Then come back and tell me how she really is a good person that just made a few mistakes and not to judge.

  6. #136
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Tests showed she smoked meth a couple of days before she gave birth...what more do we need to know in this case?
    It might be of benefit to know the physiological impact meth use has on the brain or that meth addicted individuals dont suddenly make responsible choices because they are pregnant.

    images21.jpgindex.jpg

    No excuses...but reasons.

  7. #137
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I gave you my experience. As usual no one wants to believe anyone has been there done that or seen that first hand.
    Ask any beat cop or patrol officer. Go on a ride along and raid a "shooting gallery". You will eventually find some strung out POS with a bun in the oven and a needle in her arm. Many times with other kids with them.
    Then come back and tell me how she really is a good person that just made a few mistakes and not to judge.
    Do you believe healthy happy well adjusted individuals make the decision to use in the first place? And do you believe all people that self medicate for symptoms of pain and trauma are scumbags?

    People are people. EVERYONE does what they do for a reason.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Do you believe healthy happy well adjusted individuals make the decision to use in the first place? And do you believe all people that self medicate for symptoms of pain and trauma are scumbags?

    People are people. EVERYONE does what they do for a reason.
    There is no viable reason to use while pregnant.

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I gave you my experience. As usual no one wants to believe anyone has been there done that or seen that first hand.
    Ask any beat cop or patrol officer. Go on a ride along and raid a "shooting gallery". You will eventually find some strung out POS with a bun in the oven and a needle in her arm. Many times with other kids with them.
    Then come back and tell me how she really is a good person that just made a few mistakes and not to judge.
    What you don't seem to get is no one is arguing with you about that or defending the "POS" woman, pregnant, with a needle in her arm.

    The question is what to do about that woman. We arrest drug users and dealers, fill up the jails, spend $25k/year housing them, and what do you see next time you go to the shooting gallery? A bunch of drug users, probably a bunch of them that have made the round trip to jail, back to the streets and back on drugs. Same with the dealers. So that approach seems to be working out great, if you've got an interest in jails and make more money when they're full, but not so great for the rest of society.

    But sure, if you see a pregnant woman on drugs, run her in and keep her locked up and clean till she gives birth. No one suggests forgiving her sins and letting her continue to use while pregnant. But if you tell her, "come in and get some prenatal care, and if you have drugs in your system you'll be charged with manslaughter, your baby put in foster care or up for adoption, and you'll spend 5-10 years in jail," do you think she'll come in? Not likely.

    The only thing I'd like to see is a little of that 25k/year spent housing addicts get diverted to treatment and maybe you'll get a few women cleaned up and next time they get pregnant they won't be using during it, and those with kids will be able to take care of them instead of taxpayers doing it. Or we can build some more prisons and extend our lead as NUMBER ONE!! in the world in prison population, both in nominal numbers and per capita. "Working great, especially with drugs, so why not continue it," says the for profit prison industry.

  10. #140
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    There is no viable reason to use while pregnant.
    There is no viable reason to use, period. Ever. You cant honestly believe that meth addicts sit back thinking "MAN...I love this stuff and what it does to my skin, teeth, hair, fingernails, esteem, overall health, capacity for reasoned thought, etc. Meth is AWESOME!"

    There is a reason why they call it 'addiction'.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •