Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 184

Thread: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,869

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Lock up or sterilize mothers who bare addicted children. That fixes the first problem you mentioned.
    Sounds reasonable. Bring back eugenics. While we're at it, we could also sterilize all women, and then have each of them apply to have it temporarily reversed if they're determined to be good breeding stock, pass a drug test, have sufficient assets to raise the kids, etc. I don't see any problems with that.....

    BTW, looked up the number of children born with fetal alcohol syndrome or less severe alcohol related issues. It's about 50,000 per year or so and another 13,000 per year addicted to drugs. So we need to either crank up the sterilization clinics or start building a lot more jails to house the 63,000 new inmates per year. At $24,000 or so per year, per prisoner, that's about $1.5 billion per year the first year and will escalate after that. Good news for the for-profit prison industry!

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Sounds reasonable. Bring back eugenics. While we're at it, we could also sterilize all women, and then have each of them apply to have it temporarily reversed if they're determined to be good breeding stock, pass a drug test, have sufficient assets to raise the kids, etc. I don't see any problems with that.....

    BTW, looked up the number of children born with fetal alcohol syndrome or less severe alcohol related issues. It's about 50,000 per year or so and another 13,000 per year addicted to drugs. So we need to either crank up the sterilization clinics or start building a lot more jails to house the 63,000 new inmates per year. At $24,000 or so per year, per prisoner, that's about $1.5 billion per year the first year and will escalate after that. Good news for the for-profit prison industry!
    My responses have been in the comparison of meth and "a glass of wine", not alcoholism. Nice try though.

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,869

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    My responses have been in the comparison of meth and "a glass of wine", not alcoholism. Nice try though.
    You said "addicted children." I quoted the number of kids born with fetal alcohol syndrome or other serious health problems due to alcohol abuse by the mother. That's not due to "a glass of wine." Nice try though.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You said "addicted children." I quoted the number of kids born with fetal alcohol syndrome or other serious health problems due to alcohol abuse by the mother. That's not due to "a glass of wine." Nice try though.
    I am not the one that brought up "a glass of wine" in comparison to meth. Nice try.

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,212

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    ...it causes you to do messed up stuff but, once you know you're going to be a parent, that should be enough reason to seek help and beat your addiction.
    Is this sheer ignorance or just plain naivete?

  6. #126
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,216

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Is this sheer ignorance or just plain naivete?

    I could ask you the same question.

    Are saying it's impossible to get your **** together if you are addicted?? I beg to differ.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I could ask you the same question.

    Are saying it's impossible to get your **** together if you are addicted?? I beg to differ.
    You can, but if during your drug hazed life you endanger an unborn child. You need to pay serious consequences.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,869

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I am not the one that brought up "a glass of wine" in comparison to meth. Nice try.
    OK. It's been a productive conversation.

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,212

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy[W:8]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    What kind of person ingests meth while pregnant? Fine upstanding, responsible mother to be?
    What kind of person judges another without knowing everything about them?

  10. #130
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,216

    Re: New Mother Charged with Assault for using Meth during Pregnancy

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You can, but if during your drug hazed life you endanger an unborn child. You need to pay serious consequences.
    I agree.

    On a positive note, the lady I had my dealings with turned her life around in a big way after seeing the results of her stupidity. We can only hope many more will see the error of their ways.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •