Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 166

Thread: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

  1. #91
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So how was he captured? Did he just walk off his post? And if so, that isn't the army that won World War II, I'll tell you that.
    Let's see, the Army that won WWII is the same one that celebrated Christmas Day with the enemy somewhere in Germany or France, wasn't it?

  2. #92
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    The Army isn't going to prosecute him for political reasons. This will probably be the first time in history that desertion wasn't prosecuted. But it is still evidence no matter who accepts it or not.
    I didn't say that the Army would be prosecuting him for his political views did I. I said that fellow soldiers would have motive to throw him under the bus for his political views. Convicting him before the results of an investigation are in is silly, UN-American, too!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I didn't say that the Army would be prosecuting him for his political views did I. I said that fellow soldiers would have motive to throw him under the bus for his political views. Convicting him before the results of an investigation are in is silly, UN-American, too!
    Perhaps you could share with us what these "motives" you have gleamed from your crystal ball are? We know literally whom each of the soldiers is who came forward to share what was known about his disappearance and their actions following it. Since you claim to have some insight that defies what is actually known about the soldiers (all served honorably) and what they have shared (much which bucked the 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue version) what is it that lead you to come up with this conspiracy theory? What was the motive or motives that you speculate is behind your suggested conspiracy theory? Namely that lead so many of Bergdahl's fellow soldiers to as you say, throw him under the bus?

  4. #94
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Perhaps you could share with us what these "motives" you have gleamed from your crystal ball are? We know literally whom each of the soldiers is who came forward to share what was known about his disappearance and their actions following it. Since you claim to have some insight that defies what is actually known about the soldiers (all served honorably) and what they have shared (much which bucked the 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue version) what is it that lead you to come up with this conspiracy theory? What was the motive or motives that you speculate is behind your suggested conspiracy theory? Namely that lead so many of Bergdahl's fellow soldiers to as you say, throw him under the bus?
    I didn't say that they threw him under the bus, now did I. What I actually said, is that they have motive to. It's no conspiracy. His political views were quite contraversial, particularly to be espoused before fellow members of the armed forces. Also, I never spoke to the service records of any of his fellow soldiers. An investigation will ensue, and before we convict him of anything, seems prudent to have the results of that investigation in hand.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I didn't say that they threw him under the bus, now did I. What I actually said, is that they have motive to. It's no conspiracy. His political views were quite contraversial, particularly to be espoused before fellow members of the armed forces. Also, I never spoke to the service records of any of his fellow soldiers. An investigation will ensue, and before we convict him of anything, seems prudent to have the results of that investigation in hand.
    Two post in a row that open with I did not say that did I? Really? Seriously? I asked you a simple question, not a trick one. What are the motives supposed to be that would "possibly" lead so many soldiers to "throw him under the bus"? So what is the "motive" supposed to be? He held controversial views that he expressed before his company? So they threw him under the bus? This is your theory, if you can't explain it there is probably a pretty good reason for that. What source of information is it that lead you to your conclusion/suggestion? Either this is a logical thought process based upon something of content or it is not.

    EDIT: Oh and by the way Montecresto, when you claim that it is possible that Bergdahl's fellow soldiers "threw him under the bus"? You actually did "address" not only the character of all of those soldiers, but their service records as well. That you are clueless to this fact is not really the predominant matter here. Your inability to supply a rationale or "motives" for this possible "throwing under the bus" is.
    Last edited by Filthy McNasty; 07-15-14 at 11:58 AM.

  6. #96
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Two post in a row that open with I did not say that did I? Really? Seriously? I asked you a simple question, not a trick one. What are the motives supposed to be that would "possibly" lead so many soldiers to "throw him under the bus"? So what is the "motive" supposed to be? He held controversial views that he expressed before his company? So they threw him under the bus? This is your theory, if you can't explain it there is probably a pretty good reason for that. What source of information is it that lead you to your conclusion/suggestion? Either this is a logical thought process based upon something of content or it is not.
    i have read two versions of bergdahl's differing views. one was that he believed the US military was abusing its authority in the region and was not truly helping the average citizens of afghanistan. the other view is that he thought the US military was not doing enough militarily, and he wanted to be more of a cowboy than what was actually being expected of him. some massive variances in those two depictions
    now to the potential motives of those who served with him, to publicly criticize them
    possibly, he did abandon his brothers in arms and went over to the taliban
    possibly, the others were very culpable for war crimes and feared a mister clean bergdahl might expose their wrongdoing

    EDIT: Oh and by the way Montecresto, when you claim that it is possible that Bergdahl's fellow soldiers "threw him under the bus"? You actually did "address" not only the character of all of those soldiers, but their service records as well. That you are clueless to this fact is not really the predominant matter here. Your inability to supply a rationale or "motives" for this possible "throwing under the bus" is.
    william calley was believed to be an honorable leader of men until his my lai massacre was exposed
    it was the men who believed calley was committing war crimes who were responsible for exposing his wrongdoing
    i hope those who served with bergdahl were honorable. but the possibility exists that they were not, explaining their motivations for trying to paint him as a deserter

    how about we wait for the military investigation to conclude and its finding be made available to us before we make accusations that have no true basis at this time. suppress the emotion laden diatribes and await the facts of the matter. that alternative approach would seem to better serve us all
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #97
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Two post in a row that open with I did not say that did I? Really? Seriously? I asked you a simple question, not a trick one. What are the motives supposed to be that would "possibly" lead so many soldiers to "throw him under the bus"? So what is the "motive" supposed to be? He held controversial views that he expressed before his company? So they threw him under the bus? This is your theory, if you can't explain it there is probably a pretty good reason for that. What source of information is it that lead you to your conclusion/suggestion? Either this is a logical thought process based upon something of content or it is not.

    EDIT: Oh and by the way Montecresto, when you claim that it is possible that Bergdahl's fellow soldiers "threw him under the bus"? You actually did "address" not only the character of all of those soldiers, but their service records as well. That you are clueless to this fact is not really the predominant matter here. Your inability to supply a rationale or "motives" for this possible "throwing under the bus" is.
    For the last time, I said those soldiers had motive to throw him under the bus, I DID NOT say they had. An investigation will reveal more than anything you can pull out of you're arse. And again, I didn't speak to their service records, they all could be bronze star recipients for all I know. Somehow I doubt you're aware of Bergdahl's political views. Most soldiers would find them highly offensive.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #98
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Due Process is a good thing. I stand beside it.


  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I didn't say that the Army would be prosecuting him for his political views did I. I said that fellow soldiers would have motive to throw him under the bus for his political views. Convicting him before the results of an investigation are in is silly, UN-American, too!
    I didn't say that either. I said the government wouldn't be prosecuting him for political reasons. The white house won't allow the army to prosecute him because it would make Obama look silly for his rose garden antics with the parents of a deserter. Bergdahl is going to get away with it.

    I haven't convicted him. All I said was that the comments from his fellow soldiers was evidence. And they are. If the Army were to prosecute him, every one of those former soldiers would be brought in to testify. Witnesses are often used as evidence. No?

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    re: Former POW Bergdahl set to return to active duty [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    For the last time, I said those soldiers had motive to throw him under the bus, I DID NOT say they had. An investigation will reveal more than anything you can pull out of you're arse. And again, I didn't speak to their service records, they all could be bronze star recipients for all I know. Somehow I doubt you're aware of Bergdahl's political views. Most soldiers would find them highly offensive.
    You said those soldiers had motive to throw him him under the bus. I've asked three times now, what are these motives? Going ad hom on me won't change the fact that you keep dodging the question. What were the motives you say his fellow soldiers had to "possibly" throw him under the bus? At this point it is obvious you don't have a rational answer to that question. Unless now upon your third exposure to it, and minus any other deflections, you finally do have an answer to that fairly simple and straight forward question.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •