Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 269

Thread: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

  1. #231
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    While a North Korea border idea isn't something I sure don't agree with, having our borders ignored by everyone who feels like living here is absurd! Whatever happened to the idea of doing things legally? :

    Greetings, Erik.
    Greetings, Polgara.

    I agree. Fully support legal immigration. Illegal immigrants need to go back home, deported, and immigrate legally, by obeying the laws.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Doesnt sound like this conversation is going very well when people start referencing Mongols as a example.
    I feel confident it was a joke.

  3. #233
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I feel confident it was a joke.
    I feel confident that I was too.

  4. #234
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,511
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The real question is why you posted those photos at all. Were they to represent millions of Native Americans or to show that there are Indian villages?
    Didn't you claim that "When Captain Cook first landed on the shore of British Columbia, most of the sailors in his ships could only dream of living as well as the Natives they encountered". Why would they not, like Paul Gauguin, adapt? Only according to you.
    I posted the pictures to show that the North American Natives weren't sparsley scattered bands of savages.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Then it's clear they had time to invent the wheel. Perhaps it's time you cited some evidence.
    Invent the wheel? What? Huge buildings, monumental art, a prosperous society and they were savages because they didn't have wheels?
    Evidence of what, that they supported artists? You think maybe 20 metre totem poles grew out of the ground? All those elaborate masks and weavings and cedar furniture just washed ashore.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    A sovereign nation without secure borders isn't likely to remain a sovereign nation for very long. Open borders is a foolish policy to implement.
    true iv got it let the people in don't let them carry weapons over they got to buy those hear

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    I posted the pictures to show that the North American Natives weren't sparsley scattered bands of savages.
    Do we agree that cameras weren't around at that time and that your more modern photos, if they are to represent millions, suggest there was not the genocide you claimed?
    Invent the wheel? What? Huge buildings, monumental art, a prosperous society and they were savages because they didn't have wheels?
    Nowhere did i call anyone savages. Try to stay with the truth this time, okay?
    Evidence of what, that they supported artists? You think maybe 20 metre totem poles grew out of the ground? All those elaborate masks and weavings and cedar furniture just washed ashore.
    Totem poles were in the Pacific Northwest of North America and hardly commonplace throughout the continent. What cedar furniture and huge buildings are you referring to? And which cities were you referring to when you said, in your earlier post, that they could not support the arts? That was also false, correct?

  7. #237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Greetings, Polgara.

    I agree. Fully support legal immigration. Illegal immigrants need to go back home, deported, and immigrate legally, by obeying the laws.
    if we change are laws to let most people in after words that would sound good

  8. #238
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,511
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do we agree that cameras weren't around at that time and that your more modern photos, if they are to represent millions, suggest there was not the genocide you claimed?
    I don't know what you're saying here.
    There were millions of people in North America when the first white people came. There was a genocide. Are you denying either statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Nowhere did i call anyone savages. Try to stay with the truth this time, okay?
    Don't give me that snide attitude. You stepped in on a conversation between myself and someone who did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Totem poles were in the Pacific Northwest of North America and hardly commonplace throughout the continent. What cedar furniture and huge buildings are you referring to?
    Geezus, are you just pulling my chain?
    Go back and read the discussion you're trying to be a part of. There were big native settlements spread around North America and trade routes across the continent. It was a sophisticated culture and, in some cases, more prosperous than the societies that Europeans were fleeing from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And which cities were you referring to when you said, in your earlier post, that they could not support the arts? That was also false, correct?
    Saginaw, Taylor, Compton...
    The point (and a simple one, I thought) is that many Native towns enjoyed a level of prosperity that many Europeans could only envy and that many North American cities can't equal that prosperity today.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  9. #239
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    if we change are laws to let most people in after words that would sound good
    No, we should allow legal immigrants to enter in a prudent and thoughtful manner. We shouldn't be just throwing the gates open 'to let most people in'. That would be imprudent.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  10. #240
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: Gutierrez Urges Obama to Let Undocumented Immigrants Stay [W:128]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The real question is why you posted those photos at all. Were they to represent millions of Native Americans or to show that there are Indian villages?
    Didn't you claim that "When Captain Cook first landed on the shore of British Columbia, most of the sailors in his ships could only dream of living as well as the Natives they encountered". Why would they not, like Paul Gauguin, adapt? Only according to you.

    Then it's clear they had time to invent the wheel. Perhaps it's time you cited some evidence.



    Which city, or cities, is that?

    That's the first truthful thing you've said.


    Modern wheels are awesome but in the times that we are talking about in North America was there actual need of the wheel?

    Theoretical Structural Archaeology

    "Although the invention and use of wheeled vehicles seems to be a most fascinating topic for writers, the sledge actually has some advantages over the wagon or cart, even when used on earth, sand or grass instead of snow. For one thing, the use of carts and wagons is almost dependent upon built roads, and maintaining roads requires a large investment of energy – it is a community, rather than an individual project."


    the lack of a wheel in pre-Colombian North America isnt indicative of nomads too busy to stop moving around to invent the wheel. .

    In fact evidence shows that the pilgrims met up with a people far from nomadic.

    "Traditionally Wampanoag people have been semi-sedentary, with seasonal movements between fixed sites in present-day southern New England. The "three sisters," corn (maize), beans and squash were the staples of their diet, supplemented by fish and game. Each community had authority over a well-defined territory from which the people derived their livelihood through a seasonal round of fishing, planting, harvesting, and hunting. Because southern New England was thickly populated, hunting grounds had strictly defined boundaries." Wampanoag people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •