Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 193

Thread: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

  1. #61
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Yeah, Clinton was a shoe in in 2008 and look what happened. So much for "it's her's if she wants it"
    You guys love to try to spin that one....the reality is quite the opposite. No one thought Hilary was a shoo-in in 2008. Anyone in the know knew it was going to be a tight race between her and Obama. But...if it makes you feel better to believe your statement...by all means have at it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #62
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I'm betting that you're feeling pretty good about investigating the matter now, aren't ya?
    Lmao... Thrilla defending an Issa investigation that got nowhere.



    Well, on to the next politically motivated investigation meant to clear Obama of any wrong doing. Useful idiot that Issa is.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #63
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    I am still waiting to see how Democrats and Liberals spin the "video" that Obama and Hillary BLAMED for three weeks. Probably will hear the ole "Bush did it" routine.

  4. #64
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    I don't understand. If the article is 100% factually correct, it doesn't change what happened and it doesn't change our response. Not receiving a "Stand Down" order does not clean up the accountability on what happened on 9.11.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I don't understand. If the article is 100% factually correct, it doesn't change what happened and it doesn't change our response. Not receiving a "Stand Down" order does not clean up the accountability on what happened on 9.11.
    As we learned during the Reagan administration, presidents often abuse their power conducting operations apart from congresses knowledge. The more serious problem with Benghazi is the CIA smuggling arms to the terrorist groups, no matter how "moderate" they claimed to be, in Syria which has given them the strength to hold on for over three years now, resulting in the deaths of 165,000 civilians. China and Russia both correctly predicted/warned that US interference in Syria would cause the conflict to spread to the entire region, look about!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #66
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    As we learned during the Reagan administration, presidents often abuse their power conducting operations apart from congresses knowledge. The more serious problem with Benghazi is the CIA smuggling arms to the terrorist groups, no matter how "moderate" they claimed to be, in Syria which has given them the strength to hold on for over three years now, resulting in the deaths of 165,000 civilians. China and Russia both correctly predicted/warned that US interference in Syria would cause the conflict to spread to the entire region, look about!
    Don't take this the wrong way, but that doesn't explain anything. My question is why does not receiving a "Stand Down" order clear accountability for what happened in Benghazi?

    Instead of celebrating a talking point, someone is accountable for what happened. President, Secretary of State, Defense Department...someone did not protect our people when they begged for help.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but that doesn't explain anything. My question is why does not receiving a "Stand Down" order clear accountability for what happened in Benghazi?

    Instead of celebrating a talking point, someone is accountable for what happened. President, Secretary of State, Defense Department...someone did not protect our people when they begged for help.
    Oh, you and I have no conflict on that at all. I'm just saying that the underlying activity going on out of the Benghazi annex made it vulnerable to such attack to begin with.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #68
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post


    So...... being told "not to proceed" or "not to go" (4:14 in video) does NOT, in the leftist thesaurus, equate to being told to "stand down".

    Got it.
    It's amazing how people can fall for this doubleplusgood speak from the Administration and their subservient media outlets.

    While the situation was still in flux, while the consulate was in flames, and before anyone could know how far the attack would go, the willing defenders were told not to go in.

    Monday morning quarterbacking at its worse.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,251

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh, you and I have no conflict on that at all. I'm just saying that the underlying activity going on out of the Benghazi annex made it vulnerable to such attack to begin with.

    Why did the Red Cross and every other Nation bail out of Benghazi prior to the attack ?

    Were their intelligence agencies running guns too ?

    Or did they tie the rising threat of a terrorist to our suppposed CIAs activities ?

    Was the prior attack that blew a 12 foot hole in the compounds wall a message to our CIA ?

    We were not the only Nation in Benghazi, just the only one with a administration incompetent enough to stay put.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,751

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's amazing how people can fall for this doubleplusgood speak from the Administration and their subservient media outlets.

    While the situation was still in flux, while the consulate was in flames, and before anyone could know how far the attack would go, the willing defenders were told not to go in.

    Monday morning quarterbacking at its worse.
    You need to review the timeline, because what you're asserting as fact just isn't. Or maybe you can tell us when the request to leave Tripoli and head to Benghazi was made. When did the transport leave. What time did or would that transport have arrived in Benghazi. When did the first plane of wounded evacuated from Benghazi take off. When did that flight arrive in Tripoli.

    And I agree, you're engaged in faulty Monday morning quarterbacking. The evidence is clear that the decision to leave that team in Tripoli was made at the appropriate military chain of command level, based on the information those people whose JOB it was to make those decisions had at that time, and they were forced to weigh trade offs. Given the situation at that time, would the team be better utilized some hours later in Benghazi, or more likely useful in Tripoli?

    What we KNOW now is that decision was correct. Had they left on the first plane out, they'd have arrived well after the personnel were already evacuated and at the airport. Now you want to Monday morning quarterback and second guess a decision that was in hindsight the CORRECT one. It's bizarre, frankly.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •