Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 193

Thread: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

  1. #171
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think that is true Joe...Calling your opponents, or people that disagree with you "anti-knowledge", ''anti-science", "anti-education" is just a lazy way of addressing the real opposition to your own beliefs, and doing it in a annoyingly passive/aggressive manner. I think Obama IS the disaster that opponents make him out to be largely because he is pushing an active agenda to "Transform" this country, but when asked "into what?" many, including him dodge any direct, truthful answer. He is untrustworthy, and weak, not only here at home, but on the world stage as well.

    As for a poor opponent, McCain I would agree with you on, but I think Romney could have done a better job today than Obama has done so far. At the very least he wouldn't be jetting off to a fundraiser every 5 minutes while real problems fester, and blow up...I can't wait til November, and really can't wait til '16. Hopefully we can figure out how liberals cheat and neutralize that aspect of their campaigns by then.
    I think when you ignore science and constantly go against it, you are anti science. I don't know what else to call it.

    As for McCain, he was better than Romney. At least MCCain once had a backbone and moral compass. I'd have voted for the old MCCain, before he sold out to the radical right. Palin was his undoing though. The middle and not the left was the important group that wouldn't accept such incompetence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Yes, it actually is. Theres departments, budgets, revenues and outlays. A board of directors in the congress. Shareholders in the people. An executive is an executive. Which is why Obama fails. He has never been an executive. Hes more like the guy who organizes the social events for the employees.
    But the purpose is different, and as such so is the approach. Too different to be comparable.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    It has nothing to do with profit. But in the leadership qualities neccesary to manage an entity. THis is why we typically elect governors, not senators. And instead of profit, the motive is the efficient delivery of a service.
    The qualities needed are country above self, sometimes seeing need over money. Not at all the same.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #174
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The border situation hasn't changed. You're dealing with more misinformation. The problem was here long before he became president and will be long after he is gone.
    OH HELL NO! The border situation is a 1,000 times worse than before this buffoon "won" two elections. And now he's going to go bring them in directly from Honduras..."so they won't have to travel through Mexico".

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/25/wo...honduras-.html
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  5. #175
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    OH HELL NO! The border situation is a 1,000 times worse than before this buffoon "won" two elections. And now he's going to go bring them in directly from Honduras..."so they won't have to travel through Mexico".

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/25/wo...honduras-.html
    In reality, no. There has been an issue with Central American children, but it's a stretch to blame Obama. He does, hie ER, have to address it. And being a heartless bastard, he has to consider that they are children.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #176
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think when you ignore science and constantly go against it, you are anti science. I don't know what else to call it.
    When the science has been politicized, when it has an agenda of figuring out the conclusion and then shaping the experiments to fit that conclusion, when it can't be replicated in controlled conditions, then it should be disputed. There are many theories in history that were considered "settled science" until they weren't....That's the nature of science. We are always learning more, and striving to learn more, and should. If you are going to tell me that nothing should be questioned, or debated considering mans involvement in what changes the planet is going through in terms of climate changing, if any, then I will continue to tell you that you are not arguing science at all, because science demands constant debate, and testing of theory.

    As for McCain, he was better than Romney.
    I don't think so...

    At least MCCain once had a backbone and moral compass. I'd have voted for the old MCCain, before he sold out to the radical right.
    And there it is...You liked the "Old McCain" before, you say, he "sold out" to the right....So, back in the time when conservatives were getting pissed off at him siding with liberals, and the liberal press all had a love affair with him for doing such, you liked him....So you only like those Republicans when they agree with Democrat policy and go against their own party to do demonstrate such....Hell, they might as well just change parties and be done with it...But thanks for proving what I have long said about you Joe.

    Palin was his undoing though.
    On that I would agree, but probably not for the same reasons as you think...I think that the voters were hungry for Palin and the straight forward punch she took right at liberals. Liberals immediately saw that as the threat it was, and how she was the draw at appearances, NOT McCain. McCain didn't like it, and tried to "handle" her, which divided the campaign, and gave Obama, and progressive libs the opening they needed to win....

    The middle and not the left was the important group that wouldn't accept such incompetence.
    You're right, but especially about the "middle"....The "incompetence" you are speaking of is that huge strategy mistake that I spoke of above...Obama should have been a breeze to defeat in '08. He was clearly NOT qualified to be President, and the vote turned into an emotional one instead of an informed one.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #177
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    When the science has been politicized, when it has an agenda of figuring out the conclusion and then shaping the experiments to fit that conclusion, when it can't be replicated in controlled conditions, then it should be disputed. There are many theories in history that were considered "settled science" until they weren't....That's the nature of science. We are always learning more, and striving to learn more, and should. If you are going to tell me that nothing should be questioned, or debated considering mans involvement in what changes the planet is going through in terms of climate changing, if any, then I will continue to tell you that you are not arguing science at all, because science demands constant debate, and testing of theory.



    I don't think so...



    And there it is...You liked the "Old McCain" before, you say, he "sold out" to the right....So, back in the time when conservatives were getting pissed off at him siding with liberals, and the liberal press all had a love affair with him for doing such, you liked him....So you only like those Republicans when they agree with Democrat policy and go against their own party to do demonstrate such....Hell, they might as well just change parties and be done with it...But thanks for proving what I have long said about you Joe.



    On that I would agree, but probably not for the same reasons as you think...I think that the voters were hungry for Palin and the straight forward punch she took right at liberals. Liberals immediately saw that as the threat it was, and how she was the draw at appearances, NOT McCain. McCain didn't like it, and tried to "handle" her, which divided the campaign, and gave Obama, and progressive libs the opening they needed to win....



    You're right, but especially about the "middle"....The "incompetence" you are speaking of is that huge strategy mistake that I spoke of above...Obama should have been a breeze to defeat in '08. He was clearly NOT qualified to be President, and the vote turned into an emotional one instead of an informed one.
    Yet, you accept those most directly paid to disagree. It's all the tobacco tactic all over again. Pretend there us a debate when there isn't one. When will we learn?

    Better is more opinion, but the fact that MCCain once had a backbone isn't. Romeny was Obama light. Hard to beat the person you're a weaker version of.

    And no, step outside your circle and find republican voters and independents who considered her a joke. Factually, the hunger you speak of was limited to those who didn't really listen to her. There's a reason she's great late night fodder. Which us another thing that hurts your cause: the more radical tend to want those who say the most silly things. Flat earth types.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #178
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In reality, no. There has been an issue with Central American children, but it's a stretch to blame Obama. He does, hie ER, have to address it. And being a heartless bastard, he has to consider that they are children.
    In reality YES. It takes a fool to deny that.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  9. #179
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    In reality YES. It takes a fool to deny that.
    Well, that was an (il)logical comeback. Got anything else?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #180
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yet, you accept those most directly paid to disagree. It's all the tobacco tactic all over again. Pretend there us a debate when there isn't one. When will we learn?

    Better is more opinion, but the fact that MCCain once had a backbone isn't. Romeny was Obama light. Hard to beat the person you're a weaker version of.

    And no, step outside your circle and find republican voters and independents who considered her a joke. Factually, the hunger you speak of was limited to those who didn't really listen to her. There's a reason she's great late night fodder. Which us another thing that hurts your cause: the more radical tend to want those who say the most silly things. Flat earth types.
    Your insulting arrogance aside Joe, the fact of the matter is that people in this country are slowly rejecting your dream of slow walked progressive control...Cigarettes are still a legally purchased product, and regardless of what you think of them or people that use that product you can't deny that the whole push behind going after the Tobacco companies was all about extortion, just as this latest boondoggle is.

    When you realize that liberalism is in real trouble the more that the voting electorate learns the truth about where it is progressives want to take the party, the more your party has to use things like 'open borders' to hopefully keep winning elections on the backs of the less intelligent, and mobility challenged...When you have to trick people into voting for you, I'd say the title "loser" fits.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •