Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 193

Thread: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

  1. #161
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post


    Of course, when votes were cast going on two years ago, nobody was aware that the buffoon was thinking about opening the borders to free-flow walk-ins or providing buses at the border to pick them up. This must have been one of the things the buffoon was talking about when this open mic video with Medvedev picked up his "more flexibility" comment unbeknownst. And then asking old Med to relay the info to Putin. The buffoon is a communist.

    Some information:

    But, even if you accept the Republican premise, it still does not follow that the president “created this crisis only after Lamar Alexander voted for amnesty.” There is no evidence of a causal relationship between a Senate immigration bill that never became law and a current surge of Central Americans crossing the Southwest border.

    Misassigning Blame for Immigration Crisis

    Our ruling

    Santorum said that Obama drew the influx of children at the border by saying, "If you come, you’re going to be able to stay."

    The closest thing we could find to support Santorum's point is an open letter by the Homeland Security secretary to Central Americans. That letter acknowledged there could be a connection between Obama's executive order and the influx of children from Central America -- even though the executive order would not apply to the children approaching the border today.

    Obama's deferred action policy applies only to people who had lived in the United States continuously since June 15, 2007. The targeted enforcement policies would provide no advantage to the children showing up at the border, and the administration has sent millions of people back to their home countries.

    We rate the claim Mostly False.

    Santorum: Obama said that if illegal immigrants come, 'you

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He ran a better campaign. He understood his audience better. Romney even made Obama appear stronger by bending to try and appease the more radical elements of the conservative party. Running a country isn't running a business. Until you understand that, you will fail by thinking a business person is what is needed.
    Actually running and executive dept is more like a business. Campaigning is not. Until you understand that, the country will fail.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Actually running and executive dept is more like a business. Campaigning is not. Until you understand that, the country will fail.
    No, it actually isn't. There's no profit making. The issues are largely more leadership and less about reporting to stockholders, even if you consider voters stockholders (a tortured analogy). Instead, he has to address an array of issues that have nothing to do with business or profit. So, you're quite mistaken.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He ran a better campaign. He understood his audience better. Romney even made Obama appear stronger by bending to try and appease the more radical elements of the conservative party. Running a country isn't running a business. Until you understand that, you will fail by thinking a business person is what is needed.
    Of course he knew his audience better because the teachers unions had been brainwashing them, and under-educating them for years. As well there was the media bias and the electorate's lust for free stuff.

    We can see that running a country is nothing like running a business, hence the $20 trillion in debt and all the money handed out to his left wing cronies. He would be arrested if he was running a business.

  5. #165
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    This is also the only thing they can come up with against Hilary.
    sure, so long as we forget about her Iraq vote, patriot act votes, silence on drone attacks, silence on NSA spying, etc, etc. Then you are correct, ignore all that, and her total lack of professionalism dealing with this issue is all we got

  6. #166
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Of course he knew his audience better because the teachers unions had been brainwashing them, and under-educating them for years. As well there was the media bias and the electorate's lust for free stuff.

    We can see that running a country is nothing like running a business, hence the $20 trillion in debt and all the money handed out to his left wing cronies. He would be arrested if he was running a business.
    Again, making excuses. Accept some personal responsibility. Your candidate was simply a poor one.

    And yes, we do need to manage debt, but that requires decisions different than a business would make. It's not based on profit, but need versus cost. Sometimes we have to raise taxes to meet a need, and sometimes we have to say that we can't afford to tackle that problem. Human lives are in the balance and not mere profit, so the leader has to think differently than a business person.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Actually running and executive dept is more like a business. Campaigning is not. Until you understand that, the country will fail.
    I thought I'd link the conservative magazine Forbes for you:

    Why Government Should Not Be Run Like A Business

    (snip)

    We should no more want the government to be run like a business than a business to be run like the government.

    The problem in a nutshell, is that not everything that is profitable is of social value and not everything of social value is profitable.

    (snip)

    The point, however, is that saying that government is inefficient because it does not turn a profit is the equivalent of saying that Peyton Manning is a poor quarterback because he doesn’t hit enough home runs. He’s not supposed to.

    Why Government Should Not Be Run Like A Business - Forbes

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #168
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know there is hatred of anyone knowing anything, the anti-science, anti-education vibe is strong on the right. But once you get beyond the hyperbole concerning Obama, you find he is only slightly below average and not the disaster some make him out to be. And he won merely due to the poor opponent republicans chose (though there wasn't really a better one running).
    I don't think that is true Joe...Calling your opponents, or people that disagree with you "anti-knowledge", ''anti-science", "anti-education" is just a lazy way of addressing the real opposition to your own beliefs, and doing it in a annoyingly passive/aggressive manner. I think Obama IS the disaster that opponents make him out to be largely because he is pushing an active agenda to "Transform" this country, but when asked "into what?" many, including him dodge any direct, truthful answer. He is untrustworthy, and weak, not only here at home, but on the world stage as well.

    As for a poor opponent, McCain I would agree with you on, but I think Romney could have done a better job today than Obama has done so far. At the very least he wouldn't be jetting off to a fundraiser every 5 minutes while real problems fester, and blow up...I can't wait til November, and really can't wait til '16. Hopefully we can figure out how liberals cheat and neutralize that aspect of their campaigns by then.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it actually isn't. There's no profit making. The issues are largely more leadership and less about reporting to stockholders, even if you consider voters stockholders (a tortured analogy). Instead, he has to address an array of issues that have nothing to do with business or profit. So, you're quite mistaken.
    Yes, it actually is. Theres departments, budgets, revenues and outlays. A board of directors in the congress. Shareholders in the people. An executive is an executive. Which is why Obama fails. He has never been an executive. Hes more like the guy who organizes the social events for the employees.

  10. #170
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: APNewsBreak: No 'Stand Down' Order in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I thought I'd link the conservative magazine Forbes for you:

    Why Government Should Not Be Run Like A Business

    (snip)

    We should no more want the government to be run like a business than a business to be run like the government.

    The problem in a nutshell, is that not everything that is profitable is of social value and not everything of social value is profitable.

    (snip)

    The point, however, is that saying that government is inefficient because it does not turn a profit is the equivalent of saying that Peyton Manning is a poor quarterback because he doesn’t hit enough home runs. He’s not supposed to.

    Why Government Should Not Be Run Like A Business - Forbes
    It has nothing to do with profit. But in the leadership qualities neccesary to manage an entity. THis is why we typically elect governors, not senators. And instead of profit, the motive is the efficient delivery of a service.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •