Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 346

Thread: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information...[W:220, 325]

  1. #311
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,299

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Yet the IRS says she was "selected". Does Wiki have the link which states Bush himself appointed her? It's interesting because the President doesn't make low level appointments - in any administration.
    Like I said.

    Typical liberal revisionist history.

  2. #312
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Which is relevant to the IRS story...how? She is a lifelong government employee.
    Stop and think for a moment. We'll even assume all of your fantasy conspiracies are true.

    Imagine it's 2010. Citizens United has just come down and conservatives are beginning to funnel dark money into social welfare groups to skirt campaign finance laws. How exactly does Obama go about getting Lerner to enact his sinister plan to win an election by denying tea party groups 501c4 status? Lerner is a lifetime apolitical government employee who has predominantly served under Republican administrations. Why would Obama target her? How would he even do it. I mean, according to Ockham she was just an internal hire so neither she nor the people who hired her were political appointees. Why would she subject herself to so much hatred and abuse by the right wing media to "defend" obama? If she could provide a bigger fish to Issa's witchhunt, he'd obviously leave her alone. So why doesn't she just testify that people told her to "target tea party groups"

    Sorry, but this is kind of an epic fail on the smell test. But please, enlighten me with a plausible scenario.

  3. #313
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I don't have to see it - You posted misinformation. Any point you have is based on false information. All you've got left is moving the goal posts - which you're now attempting. How precious! I think I'm going to debate you more often - it's easy to refute abjectly false statements.
    OOOH! Maybe you can argue with me instead of debating.. or perhaps we can just disagree.

    I see that my "false information" has proven to be true. I may get a bit snarkey when faced with pigheadedness, but I'm fairly careful to be correct.. mostly because I hate the embarrassment of having to backtrack on something I said. After all, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. Pretending that I'm not just makes me look bad.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 01:33 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    260

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Yet the IRS says she was "selected". Does Wiki have the link which states Bush himself appointed her? It's interesting because the President doesn't make low level appointments - in any administration.
    I don't know if it was Bush who appointed her but she was appointed during his administrations. I'm on your side not mithros's. I just believe in stating the facts accurately.

    It's kind of a moot point as to who appointed her though as it doesn't prove one way or the other whether or not she did anything illegal as director of the tax exempt group at the IRS.

    Based on the missing hard drives and the IRS behavior surrounding this issue she appears guilty as hell. However I don't have any faith in our government or legal system that her wrongs or anyone else's misdeeds at the IRS will veer be punished.

    Maybe Karma will make an appearance and she will develop stage 4 pancreatic cancer in the next three months. Same goes for that prick koshiken.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 01:33 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    260

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Stop and think for a moment. We'll even assume all of your fantasy conspiracies are true.

    Imagine it's 2010. Citizens United has just come down and conservatives are beginning to funnel dark money into social welfare groups to skirt campaign finance laws. How exactly does Obama go about getting Lerner to enact his sinister plan to win an election by denying tea party groups 501c4 status? Lerner is a lifetime apolitical government employee who has predominantly served under Republican administrations. Why would Obama target her? How would he even do it. I mean, according to Ockham she was just an internal hire so neither she nor the people who hired her were political appointees. Why would she subject herself to so much hatred and abuse by the right wing media to "defend" obama? If she could provide a bigger fish to Issa's witchhunt, he'd obviously leave her alone. So why doesn't she just testify that people told her to "target tea party groups"

    Sorry, but this is kind of an epic fail on the smell test. But please, enlighten me with a plausible scenario.


    Blah blah blah....


    Where are her f-ing emails?

    If you believe it's just a coincidence that they were somehow lost then your are a moron and you should be caned in public.

    Lois Lerner is a c-u-n-t in every sense of the word. A guilty c-u-n-t!

  6. #316
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Stop and think for a moment. We'll even assume all of your fantasy conspiracies are true.
    Another lie. How can you attempt to have a civil conversation when you consistently lie - there is no conspiracy. There is only your false statements. Let's review them:

    *Lerner was appointed by Reagan -false- No appointment was ever made.
    *Then she became head of the tax exempt division in 2006 under appointment from Bush - false - Under the Bush Administration Lerner was "selected" to the DEO in the IRS. (IRS.gov - link provided)
    *You claimed I invented a label - lie - the term "selected" was used by the IRS themselves (link provided), I invented nothing.
    *You claimed the IRS.gov was an article - false - it was an official announcement on the IRS.gov site (link provided)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Imagine it's 2010. Citizens United has just come down and conservatives are beginning to funnel dark money into social welfare groups to skirt campaign finance laws. How exactly does Obama go about getting Lerner to enact his sinister plan to win an election by denying tea party groups 501c4 status? Lerner is a lifetime apolitical government employee who has predominantly served under Republican administrations. Why would Obama target her? How would he even do it. I mean, according to Ockham she was just an internal hire so neither she nor the people who hired her were political appointees. Why would she subject herself to so much hatred and abuse by the right wing media to "defend" obama? If she could provide a bigger fish to Issa's witchhunt, he'd obviously leave her alone. So why doesn't she just testify that people told her to "target tea party groups"
    You need to take that into the Conspiracy section as I've already told you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Sorry, but this is kind of an epic fail on the smell test. But please, enlighten me with a plausible scenario.
    Wrong forum. Third time.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #317
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    OOOH! Maybe you can argue with me instead of debating.. or perhaps we can just disagree.
    Why would I disagree when I've already proven you false multiple times?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I see that my "false information" has proven to be true. I may get a bit snarkey when faced with pigheadedness, but I'm fairly careful to be correct.. mostly because I hate the embarrassment of having to backtrack on something I said. After all, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. Pretending that I'm not just makes me look bad.
    You have provided nothing in your posts that indicate you are careful to be correct - in fact - the direct opposite. You're false information is false and you are wrong and have been wrong. If your posts reflected this carefulness to be correct as you claim, you would have said so in the next reply after post #292.

    First rule of holes --- do you still want to continue?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 01:33 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    260

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Another lie. How can you attempt to have a civil conversation when you consistently lie - there is no conspiracy. There is only your false statements. Let's review them:

    *Lerner was appointed by Reagan -false- No appointment was ever made.
    *Then she became head of the tax exempt division in 2006 under appointment from Bush - false - Under the Bush Administration Lerner was "selected" to the DEO in the IRS. (IRS.gov - link provided)
    *You claimed I invented a label - lie - the term "selected" was used by the IRS themselves (link provided), I invented nothing.
    *You claimed the IRS.gov was an article - false - it was an official announcement on the IRS.gov site (link provided)

    You need to take that into the Conspiracy section as I've already told you.


    Wrong forum. Third time.
    I don't understand why you guys think it's worth your time debating Lerner's past and extrapolating her motives and actions from it.

    What is more pressing is what she's actually done in the last few years with her position at the IRS. Why don't you talk about that?

    No one gives a **** who appointed her to some position 25 years ago and then to another position 10 years ago.

  9. #319
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by DB20 View Post
    I don't understand why you guys think it's worth your time debating Lerner's past and extrapolating her motives and actions from it.
    There's no argument - there's me providing the facts and keeping the record straight. Then there's another poster who makes false statements which I'm forced to correct. That's it.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #320
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by DB20 View Post
    Blah blah blah....


    Where are her f-ing emails?

    If you believe it's just a coincidence that they were somehow lost then your are a morn and you should be caned in public.

    Lois Lerner is a **** in every sense of the word. A guilty ****!
    I should be caned in public? Wow... So we're jumping past ad hominem and going right into assault. FYI I'd watch your posts, that's probably over the line. The mods don't really take kindly to even indirect threats of violence and you're pushing to get banned.

    I agree that losing government emails is unacceptable. What I find strange is that her computer has any effect on the emails. I mean, government emails are stored in centralized locations which are regularly backed up. Her computer crashing shouldn't have affected anything. Fortunately, there's nothing that can be done to those without leaving a digital footprint. If there was any wrongdoing, we'll find out.

    Also, if we're complaining about emails what about the 5 million emails missing during the Bush administration with regard to the firing of the US attorneys? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •