Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 346

Thread: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information...[W:220, 325]

  1. #201
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,941
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Yeah, like the IRS isn't raft with progressive / liberal Obama supporters. Ha!

    An IRS employee was suspended for 100 days for using his job at the agency’s help line to try to convince callers to vote for President Obama, a government watchdog agency announced Thursday.

    The employee, whose name wasn’t mentioned in the announcement from the Office of Special Counsel, admitted to using his job for political purposes and agreed to the settlement that involved a 100-day suspension.
    IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities - Washington Times

    I guess Lerner and her cabal aren't the only ones after all.

    All the while it's being told to conservatives that they should 'trust' the IRS's judgement. Umm, NO!
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  2. #202
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,472

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Let me guess, you've never had any experience with email accounts which have a reasonable chance of being subpoenaed. Because if you did, you'd realize the importance of being careful. Don't write anything you don't want congress reading; no recipes, forwards, jokes, insulting words about your boss.... keep everything sterile. I daresay that anyone on this board would be quite embarrassed if all of their emails were made public.


    But instead of thinking about it logically, you're imagining a giant conspiracy masterminded by a 30 year Reagan appointee to delay the application of a few groups which were applying for a status that doesn't apply to them in order to skirt campaign finance laws. Yawn.
    At the point Lerner said this, why would she think the emails were going to be subpoenaed by Congress?

    Is that a natural assumption by every head of a department in the IRS? I wouldn't think so.

  3. #203
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,472

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Anything that could possibly be ripped out of context and used as a political football. Which is becoming a GOP national past time these days.
    Why would the head of an IRS department be worried about that especially in April of 2013?

  4. #204
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    " Prudence" for what reason ?

    I realize your loyalty to a corrupted ideology may force you to be a bit dishonest and subjective, but I'm not limited to discussing or understanding this issue in such a general manner.

    Why was her demand for such " prudence" relevant to her admitted targeting of Conservative groups ?

    We can be specific here. Or at least I can.
    These hearings are show trials designed to reach a predetermined conclusion. Cooperating with them would be foolish...and embarrassing for any professional. Lerner does herself a world of good, she embellishes her reputation by giving these clown shows the respect they deserve - none.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  5. #205
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,472

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    By definition, Republicans aren't non-partisan. By experience, we know they will attack and destroy anyone who they can to get what they want.
    I say "Do you realize the IRS is supposed to be non-partisan, right?"

    You say "By definition, Republicans aren't non-partisan"

    What does one have to do with the other?

    Why would the head of an IRS department worry if the Republicans will take something she says out of context?

    Will somebody please explain to me why the head of an IRS department is thinking in partisan terms, if you want to continue with this as your explanation?

  6. #206
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    As if Democrats aren't experts at distorting the same sort of things.

    Tell me, have you heard about the alleged 'Republican War on Women?' That's an out right distortion. How about 'The Hobby Lobby decision will deny women reproductive healthcare'? (It doesn't so that's an out right lie).

    Yeah, so kettle meet pot.
    You answered your own challenge. Hobby Lobby denies women affordable healthcare. The thing speaks for itself.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  7. #207
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,472

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Thanks. That proves my point. Lerner is telling the staff to be careful, i.e, don't give the Republicans anything they can distort.
    Same question. Why is she worried about Republicans?

  8. #208
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I say "Do you realize the IRS is supposed to be non-partisan, right?"

    You say "By definition, Republicans aren't non-partisan"

    What does one have to do with the other?

    Why would the head of an IRS department worry if the Republicans will take something she says out of context?

    Will somebody please explain to me why the head of an IRS department is thinking in partisan terms, if you want to continue with this as your explanation?
    Are you serious? Have you been asleep for the last six years? The Republicans are trying to destroy the federal government.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  9. #209
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,472

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Are you serious? Have you been asleep for the last six years? The Republicans are trying to destroy the federal government.
    Sure they are. I am sure they targeted the IRS for no reason at all.

    Can you answer the question now?

  10. #210
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    It's scandalous when a supervisor asks employees to watch their language in emails?
    Where are you leaping to this conclusion? Are you reading something I've not seen? Because every instance of this hasn't, in any way shape or form given ANY indication that this is about language. What it has done is suggest that people watch what they put in emails because Congress has been requesting them for investigations, and inquiring as to whether or not Instant Message communication is stored and tracked in the system in a similar fashion.

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •