Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 346

Thread: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information...[W:220, 325]

  1. #121
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    The 'smoking gun' here that I see, is not that Lerner was telling people in her corrupt chain to be careful with e-mail wording, but rather that she was worried that congress would get a hold of them, and she wanted to hide this activity from congress....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #122
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,121

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    So two wrongs DO make a right.
    Nope. But until they realize that turning big government against it's own citizens is an abuse, they will have no reason to cease to do so. So make them Hurt. Make them Hurt as badly as we Possibly Can, and then offer to agree to disarm.

  3. #123
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,121

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The 'smoking gun' here that I see, is not that Lerner was telling people in her corrupt chain to be careful with e-mail wording, but rather that she was worried that congress would get a hold of them, and she wanted to hide this activity from congress....
    Apparently we also now have communications that she had with IT sections about the instant messaging system they used, where she was making sure that nothing she said on their IM system could be saved or retrieved.

  4. #124
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Apparently we also now have communications that she had with IT sections about the instant messaging system they used, where she was making sure that nothing she said on their IM system could be saved or retrieved.
    This whole time, it was known that she did the exact same thing to the Christian Coalition during the Clinton years while working for the FEC.

    I think we have to know at this point who suggested that she go into this position, and if it at all, was tied to advisers of the current administration...

    The senators, and other congresspeople that were involved as well, including Cummings show the absolute corruption in DC today.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Nope. But until they realize that turning big government against it's own citizens is an abuse, they will have no reason to cease to do so. So make them Hurt. Make them Hurt as badly as we Possibly Can, and then offer to agree to disarm.
    Yes, that it is two wrongs, which you appear to think is right. Democrats doing wrong, Republican doing wrong for revenge. This leads to the right: disarmement.

  6. #126
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,121

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This whole time, it was known that she did the exact same thing to the Christian Coalition during the Clinton years while working for the FEC.

    I think we have to know at this point who suggested that she go into this position, and if it at all, was tied to advisers of the current administration...

    The senators, and other congresspeople that were involved as well, including Cummings show the absolute corruption in DC today.
    I'm less worried about tracking this up the chain of Winks and Nudges and more interested in throwing the absolute complete and total book at anyone who can be demonstrated to be actually guilty of abusing the powers of government for ideological ends. I've said that about Republicans and Democrats both - when you criminally abuse the powers of government in service of your own political bent, you reduce faith in self-government by destroying the necessary assumptions of our system. You are at that point a threat to the United States of America and should be dealt with accordingly. Maximum Possible Sentences Without Possibility of Parole.

  7. #127
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,121

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Yes, that it is two wrongs, which you appear to think is right. Democrats doing wrong, Republican doing wrong for revenge


    This leads to the right: disarmement.
    It does not make a right. But yes, it can lead to one.

    Mostly, it's just angry.
    Last edited by cpwill; 07-10-14 at 11:58 AM.

  8. #128
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I'm less worried about tracking this up the chain of Winks and Nudges and more interested in throwing the absolute complete and total book at anyone who can be demonstrated to be actually guilty of abusing the powers of government for ideological ends. I've said that about Republicans and Democrats both - when you criminally abuse the powers of government in service of your own political bent, you reduce faith in self-government by destroying the necessary assumptions of our system. You are at that point a threat to the United States of America and should be dealt with accordingly. Maximum Possible Sentences Without Possibility of Parole.
    Totally agree Will, and would only add that I wish this would spark a real destruction of our current tax system into a flat tax and just abolish this SS like institution.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #129
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,150

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You are not even aware of it? You better keep up, this happened over a year ago!
    Oh, look up "Benghazi", "NLRB unconstitutional", "I have a pen", and "58 states" while you're at it. Boy, have you missed a lot.

    The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized.

    Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the “absolutely inappropriate” actions by “front-line people” were not driven by partisan motives.


    IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election - The Washington Post
    here was your earlier post with my emphasis added:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Are we talking about the same thing here? You know Lois Lerner was the one that came out and admitted wrongdoing, right? Did you miss that part? And that she clammed up and won't say where the orders came from? You have to keep up, or you'll end up looking silly.
    now where exactly in your 'proof' does lois learner admit wrongdoing?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #130
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,927
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Apparently we also now have communications that she had with IT sections about the instant messaging system they used, where she was making sure that nothing she said on their IM system could be saved or retrieved.
    And 'Not one smidgeon of corruption' going on. Eh?

    Ahh, BS! A whole bunch going on, and needs to be criminally charged and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

    All that's missing now is a communication from the WH directing the IRS to hassle conservative groups applying for tax exempt status to complete the picture of corruption and abuse of government power.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •