Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 317

Thread: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

  1. #51
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Good news! It wasn't true.
    We'll simply have to disagree. When I see and experience something, a political website isn't about to convince me I neither saw it nor experienced it.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #52
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    We'll simply have to disagree. When I see and experience something, a political website isn't about to convince me I neither saw it nor experienced it.
    Do you think that's how liberals perceive their own values?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #53
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    The article in the OP makes it very clear that Indiana's ultimate position has yet to be decided by a higher court. That was why the appeals court stayed the decision. You do that when you know there will be an appeal higher up and don't want contradictory rulings to be in effect. No court is upholding SSM bans. More interesting is Utah's appeal. We may really get a supreme court ruling soon to protect SSM for the entire country... though I'm sure the court will find a way to kick it back down. Either way, it is extremely unlikely that the "worm" is, in fact, turning.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  4. #54
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you think that's how liberals perceive their own values?
    I'll keep it civil and refuse to take a bite of your juicy bait.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Sounds like your kind of bigots. I think you should move there.
    That is why you leffties are so clueless......Because someone does not want the definition of marriage changed in your narrow mind they are a bigot...........sad.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #56
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'll keep it civil and refuse to take a bite of your juicy bait.
    Well, since you won't discuss how wrong your perception is, I'll respond in kind.

    Conservatives support the individual liberty to do only the things conservatives support. Anything else, they want a giant government to step in. They want taxes to be low as possible, but only for the wealthy. They believe the wealthy are supermen to be worshipped, inherently superior beings. They believe every poor person is poor because they are lazy and inferior. Conservatives believe the magic fairy of the free market solves all problems, so any problem that exists must be the fault of government. Starved to death in the streets? Sorry, the market did that so it must have been the right thing. Conservatives believe government can only restrict freedom, never supporting it. Then they'll turn around and worship soldiers for protecting their freedom. But only by words, **** doing anything to actually support our troops after they come home. Conservatives love freedom, but only for conservatives. Too many democrats get elected? Well, let's talk about taking away the vote from the poor. Or just straight overthrowing the government. Because if democracy doesn't do what you want, just end democracy. Thankfully, it's all talk. They'll never actually DO anything.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #57
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well, since you won't discuss how wrong your perception is, I'll respond in kind.

    Conservatives support the individual liberty to do only the things conservatives support. Anything else, they want a giant government to step in. They want taxes to be low as possible, but only for the wealthy. They believe the wealthy are supermen to be worshipped, inherently superior beings. They believe every poor person is poor because they are lazy and inferior. Conservatives believe the magic fairy of the free market solves all problems, so any problem that exists must be the fault of government. Starved to death in the streets? Sorry, the market did that so it must have been the right thing. Conservatives believe government can only restrict freedom, never supporting it. Then they'll turn around and worship soldiers for protecting their freedom. But only by words, **** doing anything to actually support our troops after they come home. Conservatives love freedom, but only for conservatives. Too many democrats get elected? Well, let's talk about taking away the vote from the poor. Or just straight overthrowing the government. Because if democracy doesn't do what you want, just end democracy. Thankfully, it's all talk. They'll never actually DO anything.
    Free speech is wonderful, isn't it. Feel better now?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #58
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Free speech is wonderful, isn't it. Feel better now?
    Ahh, my other favorite of conservatives. The idea that free speech means freedom from criticism. Check my signature for that one.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It's not standard partisan hack hyperbole if it's true.
    Generalizing all liberals is just as stupid as saying all conservatives are bible-tumping, gay haters.

  10. #60
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ahh, my other favorite of conservatives. The idea that free speech means freedom from criticism. Check my signature for that one.
    Sorry, where did I suggest any such thing? Seems to me your posts were the ones that displayed a certain level of butt hurt related to perceived criticism.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •