Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 317

Thread: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

  1. #201
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If gays being unable to procreate is a reason they shouldn't be allowed to sign a marriage contract, then surely this applies to infertile couples as well. Aren't you too old to have kids now? Can't procreate, so get divorced, right?
    Back you go on Ignore with your buddy DD. You are a hopeless case.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #202
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Back you go on Ignore with your buddy DD. You are a hopeless case.
    You haven't given a reason that procreation is a show-stopper for same-sex marriage but not for infertile couples.

    The social conservatives tend to twist and dance around that one pretty good. It's always entertaining.
    Last edited by Deuce; 07-17-14 at 09:39 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You haven't given a reason that procreation is a show-stopper for same-sex marriage but not for infertile couples.

    The social conservatives tend to twist and dance around that one pretty good. It's always entertaining.
    I dont understand that either. It's like when I ask the fundamentalist Christians why they forbid gays marriage because homosexuality is a sin but they dont forbid adulterers or fornicators, for example, from marrying. Never even made the attempts, while they've publicly and expensively waged war to prevent gays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #204
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,008

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Through no fault of there owninfertile couples can not procreate.....That is a very small percent of the people who marry.
    Which in no way matters when it comes to marriage. My father cannot procreate with anyone he currently would be in a relationship with through complete fault of his own (he had a vasectomy while married to my mother).

    The percent of married couples that cannot procreate is at least at 6%, which is more than the amount of married couples that would be of the same sex even if same sex marriage were legal in every state, much more. And those that choose to not have children (either through voluntary sterilization or simply taking other measures to be childless) are even higher.

    The fact is though that legally, positive procreative ability is not a requirement of marriage anywhere in the US. However, negative procreative ability is a requirement in some states in the US for certain couples.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Which in no way matters when it comes to marriage. My father cannot procreate with anyone he currently would be in a relationship with through complete fault of his own (he had a vasectomy while married to my mother).

    The percent of married couples that cannot procreate is at least at 6%, which is more than the amount of married couples that would be of the same sex even if same sex marriage were legal in every state, much more. And those that choose to not have children (either through voluntary sterilization or simply taking other measures to be childless) are even higher.

    The fact is though that legally, positive procreative ability is not a requirement of marriage anywhere in the US. However, negative procreative ability is a requirement in some states in the US for certain couples.
    There is a small percentage of men and women couples who cannot have children but no gays can......That is zero.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #206
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,008

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    There is a small percentage of men and women couples who cannot have children but no gays can......That is zero.
    There is a percentage of zero women who have had a hysterectomy that can have children. No uterus means no children. Statistically, about 1 in 3 women will have a hysterectomy, while they are still in their reproductive years.

    Hysterectomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Yet women who have had hysterectomies are still allowed to marry. Why? Because positive ability to procreate is not a legal requirement of marriage. Your argument fails because of this fact. Until you address this fact, your argument is basically pointless. The law itself is against you, especially since there are in fact some laws that require negative procreative ability within the couple in order for the couple type (first cousins) to marry legally.

    State Laws Regarding Marriages Between First Cousins
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #207
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    America has a large number of conservatives who are really, really obsessed with what two dudes they've never met might be doing in their bedrooms.
    Sounds pretty gay of those cons doesn't it

  8. #208
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    If you believe conservatives espouse those policy positions in government, then no you didn't. An identifiable group's policy platforms are not in and of themselves a blanket description of those who identify with that group. There are many conservatives who are pro-choice as there are many liberals who are pro-life - neither of which is reflected in their party's platform, as an example.
    I disagree. My comments were overgeneralized blanket statements about conservatives, just as yours were about liberals.

    Now, if you'd followed the discussion that Deuce and I were having and discovered that my comments were in response to our discussion about how government supports individual lives, you may have gotten that distinction. Deuce made similar comments to yours with respect to perceptions of conservatives in response. I don't challenge your perceptions, but I've never claimed all individuals of any persuasion hold the same views of the majority in that group. I only claimed that their approach to government follows a particular form which neither you nor anyone else has belied.
    I saw the conversation. Both of you made overgeneralizations.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #209
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Try and keep up, I know its difficult for you. of course people procreate outside of marriage but gays sure as hell don't.
    Gays certainly do. Plenty of gays procreate. You have been told this COUNTLESS times.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #210
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Just remember the silent majority as well as the SCOTUS is yet to be heard.
    Currently, the majority support SSM. And my guess is that SCOTUS will go the same route that it went with DOMA.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •