Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 317

Thread: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

  1. #171
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its already up if kids in their teens get married my left wing friend. throw them out of the equation and the divorce rate is much lower.
    #1 I'm not left wing, I've been a member of the GOP since 1978.

    #2 So, you want to use a left wing tactic - instead of dealing with reality - let's "cook" the numbers to meet an objective. In this case you want to show that 50% or so marriages don't end, by throwing out a demographic of those whose marriages end. Not an honest tactic.



    >>>>

  2. #172
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    For you perhaps. But this has nothing to do with my post or your reply. The fact that you disagree with NP or anyone else does not put the onus on them to conform to what you agree with.
    You decided to 'tell me' that it's a 'two way street.' For some odd reason, since that is ***exactly what I wrote.***

    And then proceeded to backpeddle for pages. Ego: not doing you any favors.

    Now you are making up stuff to try and divert from the actual simplicity of my initial post? Dont go adding more to it than was intended just to bolster yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Interesting reply and nonsense to avoid that you got caught being wrong again and you know it. You assert one thing and when proven wrong you move those goalposts.

    As to that last, laughable. If it's just an act they can conveniently give up, then problem solved, give it up.
    Where was I wrong: please be specific.

    And people can do the act of homicide anytime too. Why dont they?

    Having sex and being gay are two different things. Someone can be gay and never have sex. THere have been gays in straight marriages, producing kids, for centuries. Mostly out of social expectations.

    So, please specify where I was wrong. Go:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #174
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Show your work. This decision was judicial, not electoral.

    A no, they were at the ballot box, it was not a judicial decision. 2012, 4 States with SS Marriage issue on the ballot in the general election. In each case the Marriage Equality side won.


    Maine Same-Sex Marriage Question, Question 1 (2012) - Ballotpedia
    Maryland Same-Sex Civil Marriage Referendum, Question 6 (2012) - Ballotpedia
    Washington Same-Sex Marriage Veto Referendum, Referendum 74 (2012) - Ballotpedia
    Minnesota Same-Sex Marriage Amendment, Amendment 1 (2012) - Ballotpedia



    >>>>

  5. #175
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And what I have pointed out before and people completely ignore is that yes....gays have families and kids. Being married provides many more benefits and protections for those children under the umbrella of marriage, including custody and divorce.



    SSM protects MORE children.
    We are going around in circles here...........again marriage provides a much stable life style for a child...........Gays can not procreate.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #176
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    A no, they were at the ballot box, it was not a judicial decision. 2012, 4 States with SS Marriage issue on the ballot in the general election. In each case the Marriage Equality side won.


    Maine Same-Sex Marriage Question, Question 1 (2012) - Ballotpedia
    Maryland Same-Sex Civil Marriage Referendum, Question 6 (2012) - Ballotpedia
    Washington Same-Sex Marriage Veto Referendum, Referendum 74 (2012) - Ballotpedia
    Minnesota Same-Sex Marriage Amendment, Amendment 1 (2012) - Ballotpedia



    >>>>
    four very blue states..no surprise here.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #177
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    A no, they were at the ballot box, it was not a judicial decision. 2012, 4 States with SS Marriage issue on the ballot in the general election. In each case the Marriage Equality side won.


    Maine Same-Sex Marriage Question, Question 1 (2012) - Ballotpedia
    Maryland Same-Sex Civil Marriage Referendum, Question 6 (2012) - Ballotpedia
    Washington Same-Sex Marriage Veto Referendum, Referendum 74 (2012) - Ballotpedia
    Minnesota Same-Sex Marriage Amendment, Amendment 1 (2012) - Ballotpedia



    >>>>
    Did you read the thread title? Are any of those states Indiana?

    And, as I said, a very small handful of states.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    #1 I'm not left wing, I've been a member of the GOP since 1978.

    #2 So, you want to use a left wing tactic - instead of dealing with reality - let's "cook" the numbers to meet an objective. In this case you want to show that 50% or so marriages don't end, by throwing out a demographic of those whose marriages end. Not an honest tactic.



    >>>>
    I just calls em as I sees em and I said why the divorce rate was so high...........you really need to read my posts before you put your foot in your mouth.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #179
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You decided to 'tell me' that it's a 'two way street.' For some odd reason, since that is ***exactly what I wrote.***

    And then proceeded to backpeddle for pages. Ego: not doing you any favors.

    Now you are making up stuff to try and divert from the actual simplicity of my initial post? Dont go adding more to it than was intended just to bolster yourself.
    Keep going, your original post is there for all to see. And no, it is not EXACTLY what you posted. In fact my response to the last two paragraphs is the exact same. Look in the mirror and read that to yourself.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Indiana won't recognize same-sex marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    We are going around in circles here...........again marriage provides a much stable life style for a child...........Gays can not procreate.
    @_@

    Gays can marry

    Gays can procreate.

    Gay families have not been found to be anymore or less dysfunctional than straight families.

    THese are all facts. What planet are you living on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •